Those who felt Volk was boring before,did this fight raise his esteem for you?

HHJ

Herbs to Curbs
@plutonium
Reaction score
Guy wasnt here to get by on points,he was trying his best to send Ortega to the Shadow Realm.

8cea781f0d0fc52ec1973a5e5915a351

Still a decision for those who will like to criticise him, but yes I agree, he was trying to wreck him.

Never cared for him. Never really thought he was boring.

I've said it in other threads, he's been very dominant and beat the shit out of most of his opponents not named Aldo and Holloway. People either A. Have short memories, or B. Didn't follow his career at all until the Aldo fight.

I always felt it takes two to tango to have a exciting match.

I always felt it takes two to tango to have a exciting match.
Yeah but that aside,Volk was trying to kill Ortega no matter what. Ortega made it more fun by his attempts to survive.

Hes had fun fights before. Mendes fight was awesome and he got dropped in that one too. His previous fights before that were one way ass kickings

I think he only deserved criticism for the Aldo fight. He basically just hugged him against the fence for most of the fight. IT was awful.

As a Max fights their 2 fights were 2 of the highest level technical striking fights in MMA history. And you have to lower Maxs output to beat him. You cant fight his fight unless you have like Dustin Poiriers combo punching and power.

I'm sure he's won some new fans. For every ounce of class & fight Ortega showed (and he fought very well & very tough) he showed just an ounce more. There were some genuinely exciting moments.

I'm a fellow Aussie so I wanted him to win but also for it to be a good show as he's a little bit under the radar/ignored by the UFC considering his win streak. Compared to some other guys they hype. But I get it- he's not from a big market and the Holloway fights were very efficient but not super exciting- just showed his fight IQ to find a way to solve the puzzle & get it done.

So I'm glad it was such an epic fight and I think it should raise him to a new level. Showed he can bring an out & out war as well.

Hes had fun fights before. Mendes fight was awesome and he got dropped in that one too. His previous fights before that were one way ass kickings

I think he only deserved criticism for the Aldo fight. He basically just hugged him against the fence for most of the fight. IT was awful.

As a Max fights their 2 fights were 2 of the highest level technical striking fights in MMA history. And you have to lower Maxs output to beat him. You cant fight his fight unless you have like Dustin Poiriers combo punching and power.

4 minutes of a 15 minute fight isn't "most of the fight", and if anyone deservers criticism for that boring fight it's Aldo-- he just stared while staying defensive.

I'm sure he's won some new fans. For every ounce of class & fight Ortega showed (and he fought very well & very tough) he showed just an ounce more. There were some genuinely exciting moments.

I'm a fellow Aussie so I wanted him to win but also for it to be a good show as he's a little bit under the radar/ignored by the UFC considering his win streak. Compared to some other guys they hype. But I get it- he's not from a big market and the Holloway fights were very efficient but not super exciting- just showed his fight IQ to find a way to solve the puzzle & get it done.

So I'm glad it was such an epic fight and I think it should raise him to a new level. Showed he can bring an out & out war as well.
The man is a fuckin BEAST and that is all there is to it!!!

Man fuck that wiki-thinking

no one cares it was a decision if you actually watched it. It could have and probably should have been stopped several times.
Agree. He was taking Rory levels of punishment.

doubt he’ll ever be the same fighter. Especially since the world has seen he can be escaped

Man....

Usyk,Volk and Val have made HHJ a happy forum dictator.

Agree. He was taking Rory levels of punishment.

doubt he’ll ever be the same fighter. Especially since the world has seen he can be escaped
I dunno if people can just do the same thing Volk did in regards to those subs. That took some serious willpower and strength.

Yeah but that aside,Volk was trying to kill Ortega no matter what. Ortega made it more fun by his attempts to survive.
Got to admit the third round was probably what made Volk much more exciting to watch when he got out not one but two sub attempts

Yes.

Didnt like Volk before tonight. Hes now one of my favorite fighters. Very few fighters have shown that much will to win, no quit in that guy whatsoever.

Got to admit the third round was probably what made Volk much more exciting to watch when he got out not one but two sub attempts
It raised the level of drama to that rarified air. Its what fight fans dream of.

Who would say something so stupid like he’s boring? He’s a featherweight who usually fights bigger guys so naturally he’s not going to get a lot of finishes

Back