Those who felt Volk was boring before,did this fight raise his esteem for you?

Got to admit the third round was probably what made Volk much more exciting to watch when he got out not one but two sub attempts
And then to have the balls to keep it on the ground & fucking dominate from there, just foot to the floor aggression the entire time.

Yes.

Didnt like Volk before tonight. Hes now one of my favorite fighters. Very few fighters have shown that much will to win, no quit in that guy whatsoever.
Welcome aboard the Volk train baby

Volk is in a weird spot for me. I’m not going to say he’s boring because he’s not. He’s a great fighter and highly skilled. I just find myself not caring when he fights. Nothing makes me say “I can’t wait for the next volk fight.”

He’s in the same boat as Usman for me. I find myself never caring unless they fight someone else I want to watch fight.

Yes I have a higher view of him after tonight, not ashamed to say that

Volk is in a weird spot for me. I’m not going to say he’s boring because he’s not. He’s a great fighter and highly skilled. I just find myself not caring when he fights. Nothing makes me say “I can’t wait for the next volk fight.”

He’s in the same boat as Usman for me. I find myself never caring unless they fight someone else I want to watch fight.
Even after tonight? how much more exciting can it be?

Exactly the same for me. I know I should really enjoy his fights, he brings it, and he's skilled. But there is something rather "meh" when he fights and I find myself just not really that interested in him.

I've said it in other threads, he's been very dominant and beat the shit out of most of his opponents not named Aldo and Holloway. People either A. Have short memories, or B. Didn't follow his career at all until the Aldo fight.

dude there was like 10 posters in the PBP that didn’t even know nick and Robbie was 5 rounds

people are super casual lol

Oh yeah, for sure. And in retrospect he fought Aldo and Max the way he did because it was the only sensible way to fight them.

Also Ortega is a beast. I've been hatin but now I think he's a good dude who's just a bit confused sometimes. The only way to finish this guy is to make his eye swell to the point of doctor stoppage.

I liked both guys octagon interviews, very wholesome moment there.

Reactions: HHJ
Oh yeah, for sure. And in retrospect he fought Aldo and Max the way he did because it was the only sensible way to fight them.

Also Ortega is a beast. I've been hatin but now I think he's a good dude who's just a bit confused sometimes. The only way to finish this guy is to make his eye swell to the point of doctor stoppage.

I liked both guys octagon interviews, very wholesome moment there.
I honestly think the fight could have been stopped before the bell at the end of the third. Herb gave him every oppurtunity to survive. None would have complained about a stoppage there...so no I think he can be finished by an uninterrupted GNP all out assault like Volk was giving to him.

I honestly think the fight could have been stopped before the bell at the end of the third. Herb gave him every oppurtunity to survive. None would have complained about a stoppage there...so no I think he can be finished by an uninterrupted GNP all out assault like Volk was giving to him.
True that was extremely close. He got saved by the bell there. But Volk is the only FW who can do that to him. Still his recovery is remarkable. He can be on the brink of death but give him 20 seconds to shake his head and he is right back in the fight looking relatively fresh. If Volk didn't have amazing cardio of his own Ortega's durability would have been really discouraging and too much for most fighters. It's not a coincidence he has those late comebacks.

Volk was smashing opponents....it wasn't his fault if they're hard to smash...Holloway and Ortega doesn't crumble that easy...give him Yair and your Just bleed lust will be satisfied...

why do people hate decisions is what i never understood,sure there are boring ones but not all of them are.

why do people hate decisions is what i never understood,sure there are boring ones but not all of them are.
Because ppl who don't watch the fights only go by Wikipedia to know how good anyone is.

Because ppl who don't watch the fights only go by Wikipedia to know how good anyone is.
imagine saying Forrest vs Bonnar,Rua vs Henderson and Jones vs Gus1 cant be good because they were decisions.

Reactions: HHJ
Back