This years Hall of Fame candidates

Embarrassing

Prince Naseem dominated 126 for years (and did it in style), lost ONE TIME to a legend and somehow people got this notion he's not HOF-worthy. People just can't stand to see a guy succeed with a style that was so unconventional.

His recent legal issues probably keep him out.

No argument that was unacceptable.

If a boxer is refused once is that it? Does he never get inducted? i.e. - Nas.

If a boxer is refused once is that it? Does he never get inducted? i.e. - Nas.

No, they essentially go onto a waiting list; they can be elected in during a later year (Myung-Woo Yuh made it in this year after missing out for 13 years).

Isn't ottke the recipient of like half a dozen gift dec’s? I don’t know much about him apart from mundine was beating him in like his 9th fight before ottke managed to ko him ( pretty rare looking at his ko %)

Embarrassing

Prince Naseem dominated 126 for years (and did it in style), lost ONE TIME to a legend and somehow people got this notion he's not HOF-worthy. People just can't stand to see a guy succeed with a style that was so unconventional.

I never liked Prince personally, but to look at that resume and vote no is just ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure he never fought in America, had quite a few dubious decisions in his favor, and never had a career defining victory. I would say he doesn't deserve to get in.

Fought in America 5 times.

if naseem gets in im gonna make the trip

Can't believe Calzaghe's been retired 5 years already. I think i saw on the BBC site that he still gets offers to fight.

I think i saw on the BBC site that he still gets offers to fight.

im sure. guy isnt damaged goods,and there would be good money in his return imo.

I wouldnt come back though,what a way to go out

Embarrassing

I dont think he does deserve to be in the HOF. The first real quality fighter he fought, he got schooled. Never the same after, seemed to lose all of his confidence/arrogance! He was certainly unconventional with his style but nothing more than a decent world champion imo. From my point of view his conviction should be held against him as well, though I appreciate its nothing to to with boxing. What he did was cowardly and fckin disgracefull

Can't believe Calzaghe's been retired 5 years already. I think i saw on the BBC site that he still gets offers to fight.

Carl Froch is probably still calling him out now! Calzaghe wouldve won that fight 9 times out of 10, maybe every time, shit match up of styles. Carls got real heart and durability and I love to watch him fight but this fight would be a one sided boxing lesson like ward gave him.

bullshit. barrera is not the first quality opponent he fought,he just happened to be the best guy he fought. hes gettin in on a magic carpet,haters

Back