This years Hall of Fame candidates

mark johnson got in for being the first african-american flyweight champion . his resume was worse than hamed's.

mark johnson got in for being the first african-american flyweight champion . his resume was worse than hamed's.

Being the first of an ethnic group to win a belt certainly shoots you up the list, however unfair that may seem. Example: Like it or not, John Ruiz will get in for being the first Latino HW champ. Watch it happen.

Not a chance in hell of John Ruiz being inducted. He had a solid career but he's got an awful rep for being an incredibly boring fighter and simply isn't popular enough among the people who have a vote in the matter.

I know a certain little poster over at the scene who will be just delighted to know that Sir Joe is being inducted. I'm actually looking forward to reading his posts on the matter.:icon_lol:

I have no problem with Joe getting in over Naz.

http://www.livestream.com/gfrmediaenvivo

Live comments from Tito right here.

Tito just said his team offered De La hoya a rematch on 8 or 9 occasions! Apparently Oscars team declined for x or y reasons.

He just said that Philipino fighters are the future, and if Mayweather retires, that's where boxings pedigree will rely upon.

Last edited:
So glad that Joe's in!

a great set this year, wish Naz had been in though

Prince Naseem should be in. However, damn dude got big and I mean literally.

1:00 mark

Pretty sickening they let Gatti in but not Naz,

http://www.livestream.com/gfrmediaenvivo

Live comments from Tito right here.

Tito just said his team offered De La hoya a rematch on 8 or 9 occasions! Apparently Oscars team declined for x or y reasons.

He just said that Philipino fighters are the future, and if Mayweather retires, that's where boxings pedigree will rely upon.

Oscar didn't want any of Tito at 154. He did the absolute best he could and couldn't pull it off.

:( Nas getting fucked man

Pretty sickening they let Gatti in but not Naz,

Oh God its not THAT big of a deal. Besides, they had no other headlining inductees. The year before they had Roach and Tyson. Remember, they have to draw people there for the events and stuff. That's a big weekend for Canastota.

Oh God its not THAT big of a deal. Besides, they had no other headlining inductees. The year before they had Roach and Tyson. Remember, they have to draw people there for the events and stuff. That's a big weekend for Canastota.

I'd rather the Hall of Fame for the sport didn't base it's inductions on who's most likely to bring a crowd with them.

Boxers who weren't based or prominently featured in America already have to leap through hoops to get in compared to US based ones (see the lack of Asian boxers for a clear example of that). Them not being able to get a planeful of people to fly over for the ceremony should in no way impact on whether they're inducted or not.

Solid group there, hopefully Nas goes in too.

Back