This years Hall of Fame candidates

bullshit. barrera is not the first quality opponent he fought,he just happened to be the best guy he fought. hes gettin in on a magic carpet,haters

I watched most if his fights and can't remember hardly any other that Barrera. Who else did he fight that was a top fighter

I watched most if his fights and can't remember hardly any other that Barrera. Who else did he fight that was a top fighter

this is the internet,look it up

if you dont "remember" anything and cant be arsed to look up a guys record,then your just talking shit because you dont like naseem

if you dont "remember" anything and cant be arsed to look up a guys record,then your just talking shit because you dont like naseem

People believe only what they want to believe.

The fact that he quitted after losing (and that was not as bad of a loss as it looked like) to the best fighter he has ever faced, while still in his physical prime at age 28, and never attempted to make a comeback, tarnished his legacy and may explain why he is still waiting to be elected.
He is somewhat the complete opposite of what Americans love in a good success story, a guy that could make mistakes and fail but manages to climb back and succeed. Boxing fans loved Gatti for that reason and that's why he is a first ballot HoFer while voters continue to take a pass at Naseem in favor of boxers with similar resumes who didn't quit after their first moment of adversity.

Didn't help he stopped training properly a year or so before hand either.

Kevin Kelly was solid.

But yeah, overall, his resume is not that strong.

he also beat that guy who holds the record for most titles won at featherweight .

can't think of his name right now .

He was the WBC FECARBOX champ. How prestigious. (Medina)

Great all worthy candidates this year.

Calzaghe - One of the few, if 2nd fighter who retired on top undefeated.

Tito - Arguably the greatest PR boxer of all time. Defeated 3 Gold Medalists and Multiple division champion.

De La Hoya - One of the most famous Mexican boxers, if not the most famous boxer of this generation. Gold Medalist and his record is a who's who of competitors. Probably the fighter with the most top competition of this generation at least.

Last edited:

I don't fckin need the internet, I'm old enough to have seen almost all of his fights! I liked him as a fighter, I just not gonna over rate him like you are

My friend at the IBHOF says inductees will be named at around 1 o'clock ET today. I'm eager to see who gets in. De la Hoya and Trinidad are a lock. I'm 99% Calzaghe is too.

Boxing fans loved Gatti for that reason and that's why he is a first ballot HoFer while voters continue to take a pass at Naseem in favor of boxers with similar resumes who didn't quit after their first moment of adversity.

Gatti is now the biggest reason why the IBHOF cannot be taken seriously. Used to be Barry McGuigan and Ingemar Johansson, but even they were better fighters than Gatti, who was only ever a genuine world level fighter back when he used to drain himself down to 130 to fight boxers in which he enjoyed a considerable size advantage over.

You can hardly justify inducting someone like Gatti and then saying no to the likes of Benn, Eubank, Michalczewski and Hamed - all of whom were better, more accomplished fighters and did a great deal to increase the profile of the sport in their part of the world.

Robinson, Medina, Johnson, Kelley, Vasquez, McCullough, Ingle, Soto, Bungu - if they weren't rated among the top five at the time, they still operated and succeeded at world level.

Naz fought and embarrassed some solid names like Kelly and.... um...others, but when he really stepped up to fight the best of the best, especially a mean, tough guy like Barrera, he couldn't hang.

I'm amazed at some of the names that have been voted down. In any other sport, guys that are equal to Sven Ottke and Wilfredo Vasquez would be in that sports HOF. I knew it was selective but it still surprises me.

Back