This is why elbows should be banned.

Someone cut this dudes carotid artery, lets show him some real blood. He'll have roughly 5 minutes to think about this foolish thread before he goes.

No, i think elblows shouldn't be banned, and the soccer kicks and stomps from pride should be back...

This is why you're oh so wrong:

kongsakdestroys-o.gif

attachaielbow1-o.gif

tumblr_me2e4yrvgN1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

At the end of the day this is the sport of fighting. You cant remove all the weapons because they may cause damage.

Knees elbows and kicks are some of the most effective techniques because of the damage and impact they do. If fighters start having to wear elbow guards, head guards or having these tools removed what's the point?

I am pretty sure most fighters would not want them removed, as most martial arts use these techniques.

Wrong.... Hard punches and elbows have nothing to do with each other.

Bs.

Knocking somebody out means you likely have better hands then the other. Throwing an elbow and getting cut means there is a chance the fight could end.

which is the same. Most knock outs are not scored bc the fighter is uncouncious for any length of time. They are scored bc the ref thinks he is unable to continue, just liek he stops the fight if a cut makes the fighter unable to continue.

It has nothing to do who is a better fighter.

Bs

Punches are based on technique, elbows.... not so much.

You have virtually no idea...

Elbows are an essential part of MMA imo (Inb4 Pride fans), with MMA being "Mixed" Martial Arts it would be wrong to cripple one of the most utilized ones (Muay Thai)

I say ban elbows on the ground, wrestlers can get away with lay and pray after they cut their opponent from an elbow. Blood distracts the fighter on the bottom from utilizing their ground game.

Muay Thai elbows are different though, they are a thing of beauty

Disagree.

Especially if you are one your back with a fighter in your guard trying to break bones in your face.

If you are lying on you back with a fighter in your guard, all strikes except headbutts should be legal,

Elbows to the dome like Silva/Lutter or Guida/Sanchez and even kicks like the one that Anderson was disqualified for in the first Okami fight should be legal.

If you are on your back you should be able to defend yourself.

Fedor agrees with you. Tko (cut) endings are frustrating. Especially when the cut fighter is otherwise fresh

This is the reason elbows SHOULD NOT be banned...

It's a fukin fight

Brian Stann ko'd Alessio Sakara with 1 elbow. Chris Weidman ko'd Mark Munoz with an elbow followed up by punches. Jon Jones wrecks people with his elbows. The list can go on

I also agree because I'm an irrational Jon Jones hater and he relies too heavily on elbows to win fights. Ban elbows and Bones would start losing more often

Not really dude, cuts end fights, it doesn't mean you are a better fighter if it ends because you cut somebody.

Think of those Florian cut wins
Where he destroyed a nose
Imagine if that kept going
And tell me he wasn't the better fighter

How many elbow cut wins did you think the other guy should've won?

Yeah, we should ban knees too. Just look what they can do . . .

eastman_original_display_image.png

. . . that's a fight ending cut!

Also kicks, look at this mess . . .

diego_sanchez_after_penn.jpg

. . . so no elbows, no kicks, no knees!

Back