This is why elbows should be banned.

Ever heard of Fedor?

Yea, that was one fight they fucked up the decision for how many years ago? Grow up and realize taking 2 out of 8 points of striking out of MMA is stupid cause because you didn't like the past fight (which is a FOTY candidate)

They should also ban kicks and punches. You can literally knock someone unconscious and that is not safe at all. Also submissions should be banned since limbs can be broken like Mir vs Nog.

I'm out of town on a business project right now but I'll be back in about a month. Where do you train, in Arlington?

I train muay thai at pentagon mma and jiu jitsu at ryan halls gym..

anyways,lets watch cain get KOd again.

I train muay thai at pentagon mma and jiu jitsu at ryan halls gym..

anyways,lets watch cain get KOd again.

I'll send you a PM when I get home. In case you couldn't tell by my fondness for elbows, I do muay thai when I have time. Let's make something happen.

Ah sorry dude... I forget sometimes forums like this 99% of the people have trained in some form of fighting. Didn't know I was speaking to Giorgio Petrosyan here.

He's always a smartass, don't worry. 60,000+ post no life.

Absolutely stupid argument, should be ignored and banned.

I've had a long-lasting opinion for banning elbows on the ground, not on the feet.

1. While it's rare any cut - come it from an elbow or a knee - stops a fight, it hinders vision, which surely has some effect. The one receiving the cut generally fights more aggressively to avoid a doctor stoppage, possibly with hindered vision. This takes away from the competition. He isn't necessarily down on points, he isn't hurt, but he has a reason to worry about other things than fighting.

2. Knees on the ground do more damage and cause less cuts (and if they cause a cut, it's from damage). An elbows sharp angle with not much space to throw with force is what makes them worse than knees, which can be thrown with more power (Pride - Randleman, Rampage, Hendo). Pro knees, anti elbows.

3. Elbows can be used to open up cuts (or open them up more) by rubbing them in the cut, whether that's a partially healed one or a recent open one.

4. There's a higher chance to score a sub from the back when elbows are banned. Punching requires more space than elbowing and makes wrist control easier regardless if the punch is a short hammerfist or a postured up shot. With the takedown-heavy judging, the guy on the bottom has a more likely chance to show his game. More finishes.

5. Less blood is more TV-friendly. Now bleeding from a beating on the feet or on the ground is fine, that's fighting. Unnecessary cuts affect the action and don't show damage, just give the assumption of someone being hurt. I'm no fan of watching a bloodbath, nor are many other people. And those elbow cuts tend to be artificial "damage".

Elbows at least on the ground should be banned because if you want to cut someone you should have to work for it, the effect that bleeding can cause on a fight is ridiculous... it can change the whole fight, Boetsch vs Costa is a recent example. Costa was getting mauled if not for the bleeding. It also makes GNP from guard way too safe and hard to work for the armbar if you're the guy underneath.

Knees too a grounded opponent need to be added, people complain about wrestlers but don't want the counter to them added to the rules? That's just retarded not to want knees to a grounded opponent to be legal.

Has nothing to do with being a "Pride fanboy" either so don't quote me saying that... think logically instead.

There is a defense for every offense.

If you don't want to be cut open and have blood pour into your eyes......learn to defend elbows.

Only got yourself to blame.

There is a defense for every offense.

If you don't want to be cut open and have blood pour into your eyes......learn to defend elbows.

Only got yourself to blame.

Yes better learn how to defend from elbows, *locks in full guard to avoid GNP* gets elbowed. Good one. Defending elbows from guard means letting them punch you in the face.

Soccer kicks, knee's from side control/N&S and foot stomps >>>>>>>>> elbows anywhere.

Plus this

SilvaOkami.gif

Back