This is why elbows should be banned.

Maybe they could make a flag fight or something an just pull flags off each other

Elbows aren't even a real factor in MMA. Jon Jones and David Loiseau are the only 2 fighters I can think of off the top of my head that used them enough to make me pay attention.

Wrong.... Hard punches and elbows have nothing to do with each other. Knocking somebody out means you likely have better hands then the other. Throwing an elbow and getting cut means there is a chance the fight could end. It has nothing to do who is a better fighter. Punches are based on technique, elbows.... not so much.

lulz throwing an elbow is basically the same technique as throwing a hook. My first day of boxing the coach had me hitting the heavy bag with elbows to ingrain in my mind that hooks are meant to be thrown at a 90 degree angle.

Ah sorry dude... I forget sometimes forums like this 99% of the people have trained in some form of fighting. Didn't know I was speaking to Giorgio Petrosyan here.

Lol.. Funny thing is I actually train muay thai and i come from a muay thai backround.. I always hated elbows. They open nasty cuts and cause a mess.

But only a 20% of elbow cuts have ended fights!!! the other 80% of fights have been stopped legitimacy even after an elbow blow opening a gash on someones face.

I love elbows in fights. If it were up to me, there would be stomps and knees to downed opponents too, but its not up to me dammit.

Knees to the head cause more cuts. I remember there was an event where 3 cuts got opened via a grazing knee to the head

I say allow elbows, soccer kicks, stomps, knees to grounded opponents, up kicks and headbutts.

Agreed. At the same time they should outlaw ALL strikes

Lol.. Funny thing is I actually train muay thai and i come from a muay thai backround.. I always hated elbows. They open nasty cuts and cause a mess.
So you train in the art of eight limbs yet hate elbows? You must be a shitty muay thai practitioner.

Back