This is why elbows should be banned.

???

It's a valid tactic. Learning to defend against elbows seems like the legit thing to do in that case..

That's like saying "Hard punches end fights, It doesn't mean you are a better fighter if you land a hard punch."

Wrong.... Hard punches and elbows have nothing to do with each other. Knocking somebody out means you likely have better hands then the other. Throwing an elbow and getting cut means there is a chance the fight could end. It has nothing to do who is a better fighter. Punches are based on technique, elbows.... not so much.

Wrong.... Hard punches and elbows have nothing to do with each other. Knocking somebody out means you likely have better hands then the other. Throwing an elbow and getting cut means there is a chance the fight could end. It has nothing to do who is a better fighter. Punches are based on technique, elbows.... not so much.
Spoken like someone who's never trained in muay thai.

Everything should be banned so fight consist of 2 fighters standing in the middle of the cage and staring at each other for 15 minutes.

Punches are based on technique, elbows.... not so much.

I love it when people say stupid crap like this, since you immediately know they're a complete idiot and can safely add them to the ignore list.

Ban elbows, allow knees to the head on the ground.

You are seriously going to try and say that landing elbows on an opponent during a professional MMA fight isn't based on technique???

Wow...just wow.

Don't like the bloodsports take up wathing tennis or golf or something.

It allows for close combat. The clinch becomes more interesting. It didn't ruin the fight like you said either. If anything, it made it more entertaining. People freak out when they see that much blood.

Spoken like someone who's never trained in muay thai.

Ah sorry dude... I forget sometimes forums like this 99% of the people have trained in some form of fighting. Didn't know I was speaking to Giorgio Petrosyan here.

Back