This is what Gaethje needs to do right now

So all of a sudden Gaethje is an average sized lightweight or even a featherweight, but at weight ins he was basically the same size as Khabib. So now Khabib is not a weight bully trying to kill himself and running from his true division anymore ?? Just checking.

sorry but BMF's dont lose to khabib and usman this way..especially how gaethje did on the ground agianst khabib. and as bad as masvidal against the cage.. gaethje was exposed.. but he will beat hooker with ease

Gaethje shouldn't be fighting at WW. He is an average sized LW at best and should stay there.
LW is Justin natural weight class and the division is full of fighters it is not like the division is empty like Women FW division which have only 5 or 6 fighters including the Double Champ Nunes

Yeah, he's not very big.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/compilation-of-fighters-cage-weight-redux.3977251/

On fight night, Gaethje is about as big as an average FW. If anything, he could move down. Also, if Doostin and Eddie were able to stop him with punches, Mas would be a devastating match up.

Would probably still be a fun fight, for as long as it lasts, but much too risky.

I dunno about him moving down to FW. His college wrestling coaches tried to get him to move down a class to 149 lbs. from 157 for his Senior year. Supposedly the weight cut fucked him up badly and diminished his performance. Some people believe he might have been able to go All-American a second time if he had stayed at his original weight class.

Dunno if the dynamic would be different for MMA with the camp he has access to now.

So two guys coming off decisive beat downs should fight for a ufc title? Makes perfect sense in ufc these days

Mas knocks him out cold. How is this even a debate lmfaoooo

I dunno about him moving down to FW. His college wrestling coaches tried to get him to move down a class to 149 lbs. from 157 for his Senior year. Supposedly the weight cut fucked him up badly and diminished his performance. Some people believe he might have been able to go All-American a second time if he had stayed at his original weight class.

Dunno if the dynamic would be different for MMA with the camp he has access to now.
That's a good fact you brought up. My only argument would be that, with current day knowledge about dieting and weight cutting, I think Justin would have a more feasible time getting down in weight. Back then it was still proto barbarian days.

But! Let's not lose the point of the topic - Justin's the right size for LW. Would be way too small for WW.

Justin needs to call Jorge Masvidal out for the BMF belt. If he gets that belt, he is right in contention for the 155lb strap and he can fight Conor after. The BMF belt+the 155lb belt+ Gaethje probably KOing Masvidal would make this like the biggest fight ever.

Gaejthe KOing Masvidal?

Back