This is what Gaethje needs to do right now

That's a good fact you brought up. My only argument would be that, with current day knowledge about dieting and weight cutting, I think Justin would have a more feasible time getting down in weight. Back then it was still proto barbarian days.

But! Let's not lose the point of the topic - Justin's the right size for LW. Would be way too small for WW.

No doubt, though I suspect it would still be challenging and ultimately do more harm than good -- especially since the cut is bigger by two pounds in either direction.

I agree with you about him fighting at 170, though. I'm sure he could knock out a few low-level guys and I don't think he's super undersized at Lightweight, but at Welterweight he'd be at a profound disadvantage in many match-ups.

2 guys that have fought for the belt arent good, so only champions are? See where your logic is retarded?
Are you being deliberately dense?

They are in the fucking ufc, ofc they're better than 'good' at fighting.

What I'm implying is that they're overhyped in comparison to their skill level in the organisation, as their championship fights have shown

<mma4>

I like it!!!

...only if Khabib comes back though, because it will be a while before Justin gets a 2nd shot.

If Khabib stays retired, then he's first in a very small line for the strap vs Conor or Portier & so he shouldn't divert from that too much.

Mas who hasn’t been finished in 50 fights gets KO’ed by LW Gaethje? Bruh Mas finished Till with punches whos a natural MW some of you live in pure fantasy land I swear.

Inb4 someone says but he has a tko loss, show me that man I’ll show you someone who never watched the fight.

Are you being deliberately dense?

They are in the fucking ufc, ofc they're better than 'good' at fighting.

What I'm implying is that they're overhyped in comparison to their skill level in the organisation, as their championship fights have shown
You didnt imply it you directly expressed it

It means indicate, genius.

Only an idiot would think that I'd be literally implying or saying that a ufc top 5 fighter in their division was not 'good'.

You should add some nuance into your thinking.
You saying" They arent actually good" doesnt imply or indicate you meant it in a relative sense because you said actually, which makes it seem like a fact. You could say I lack nuance but you didnt type that in a way anyone would get your indication, just that you were trolling.

Mas who hasn’t been finished in 50 fights gets KO’ed by LW Gaethje? Bruh Mas finished Till with punches whos a natural MW some of you live in pure fantasy land I swear.

Inb4 someone says but he has a tko loss, show me that man I’ll show you someone who never watched the fight.
Yeah. Till is one of the most overrated fighters ever. So is Masvidal.

So all of a sudden Gaethje is an average sized lightweight or even a featherweight, but at weight ins he was basically the same size as Khabib. So now Khabib is not a weight bully trying to kill himself and running from his true division anymore ?? Just checking.
guys shrink and grow as people see fit.

<mma4>

I like it!!!

...only if Khabib comes back though, because it will be a while before Justin gets a 2nd shot.

If Khabib stays retired, then he's first in a very small line for the strap vs Conor or Portier & so he shouldn't divert from that too much.
If he is the BMF he is getting a title shot though, trust me on that, UFC love that type of hype.

If he is the BMF he is getting a title shot though, trust me on that, UFC love that type of hype.
Well yeah, & I hear you, but my point is that he's first in line for the title shot anyway.
If he goes off to the circus, he leaves his spot in teh championship open for someone else to snag. To your point, if they want to do Conor vs Portier for the title, then sure lets get Gaethje BMFing.

I never believed the Conor vs Portier fight was real though. Maybe they go ahead & do it because it can be for the title, but Dana himself said last April that it would be really hard to give up a McGregor gate by fighting him without a crowd. He's up around 17 million while everyone else gets 2 - 5 million gates. That's why I think Gaethje/Portier 2 for the title happens.

That said... of the 3 of them, Gaethje did the worse vs Khabib... & dustin did knock Gaethje teh fook out... & Mac knocked Portier teh fook out... so Mac/Portier 2 makes the most sense, but that's a helluvagate to give up. We'll see how that shakes out.

Last edited:
After Mas' last fight being a dud (not exactly his fault, but it was what is was) and Gaethje getting chased around the cage and effortlessly tapped (a much different type of loss than his previous KO defeats) this match lacks the luster it would have once held.

Back