This Guy . . . The Cowardly Trophy Hunter

Yes biologists do. No you don’t. And the harvest data and tag quotas over long periods of time prove that is not true.

Yes I do, Wildlife studies really didnt get started in a lot of places until the 1980s and even later in some places. A lot of programs are still based on outdated data or science.

I started with 35# limbs and moved up to 55# after 6 months. I’m shooting a Southwest Archery Spyder XL because I have a super long draw. My wife has the Samick Sage 30#, but I probably shoot it more than she does.

Next bow will be a Martin or a Bear.

thats a big jump from 35 to 55 in 6 months, but if it works it works! It's so addictive, I think of archery as 'aggressive yoga' lol.

One thing I've learned is this hobby gets expensive, not out of necessity but out of 'want', so many bad ass looking bows out there

You do know that people “balance” the animals ecosystem? At the behest of a goverment agency which absolutely has the well being of the animals in mind.

Point in fact. The state of California has to kill X number of moutain lions a year when they become problematic.

They HIRE Professional hunters to come kill X number. The state and taxpayers pay for that.

The better idea is to SELL permits for those mountain lions and the state makes MORE money that can be used to further conservation efforts

Hunting tags are cheap as fuck and dont not make that much money.

The better idea is to SELL permits for those mountain lions and the state makes MORE money that can be used to further conservation efforts

Then the state has to pay for more staff to 'police' the hunters and make sure the land/animals are managed properly with an increased number of people in the area, so that becomes kind of a moot point financially speaking.

Yes I do, Wildlife studies really didnt get started in a lot of places until the 1980s and even later in some places. A lot of programs are still based on outdated data or science.

Yeah, exactly. If organizations like RMEF were in the pockets of DC politicians trying to harvest more animals, tags and quotas would have gone up exponentially. Instead, they’ve only fluctuated based on the ecological data. They don’t have that level of influence, I’ve seen their coffers. Also, no you don’t.

Whether he kills it sleeping or awoke he still kills it. People whine about everything

Ugh I wish I didnt watch the video. I didnt need to see that.

Then the state has to pay for more staff to 'police' the hunters and make sure the land/animals are managed properly with an increased number of people in the area, so that becomes kind of a moot point financially speaking.

Are you implying that the ability to hire more wildlife management employees due to added revenue is a bad thing? As opposed to shelling out booku dollars for private contractors that go back into the black hole of the state fund?

Yeah, exactly. If organizations like RMEF were in the pockets of DC politicians trying to harvest more animals, tags and quotas would have gone up exponentially. Instead, they’ve only fluctuated based on the ecological data. They don’t have that level of influence, I’ve seen their coffers. Also, no you don’t.

Yes I do, if you didnt have a good population estimate to begin with when issuing tags how are they going to tell you how anything about the population?

Wrong again.

Its not that hard to add up the amount tags bring in and its really not that much money.

That monster, having such a blatant disregard for the lives of those beautiful creatures! I'm a good person who loves and respects all the creatures of God's creation and I find his treatment of animals deplorable.

End of my posting for now. Need to cook up some bacon for breakfast. Or maybe I'll treat myself and have a morning steak...

Youre an animal as well, maybe you should be treated the same. Also this guy wasnt killing him for eating but for a trophy, do you know the difference, animal.

not gonna lie, unless you're Val Kilmer in The Ghost and the Darkness and killing a maneater.....

there's no reason to hunt lions IMO

Are you implying that the ability to hire more wildlife management employees due to added revenue is a bad thing? As opposed to shelling out booku dollars for private contractors that go back into the black hole of the state fund?

No- I am saying either way taxpayer money will be going towards SOMETHING, so the financial issue the poster made was not a be-all-end-all answer.

I also don't view the WMA management as something superior to calling in private professionals in various cases.

In the areas near me it is common 'local' knowledge that they are basing their current hunting laws/regulations on public land on how much pressure they get from private landowners adjacent to the public hunting areas. I.e. people purchase land next to public hunting land (in my area) because hunting pressure will drive the animals on to their land where there are feeders etc.

The land owners will then make constant complaints to the WMA until stupid laws and hunting season dates are jacked up to suit their own needs. And the WMA gives in pretty easily to their complaints while not taking seriously the advice of the public land hunters.

Yes I do, if you didnt have a good population estimate to begin wit when issuing tags how are they going to tell you how anything about the population?

Its not that hard to add up the amount tags bring in and its really not that much money.

Tags alone for Montana, ~4.4 million all of which goes back to wildlife and habitat management. Estimated 288 million estimated in added revenue for the state just with deer/elk/antelope. In a state of only a million people...

That 288 mil, tags brought that in.

agility-special-fallout-4-prints.jpg

Sun Tzu would be proud imo,

We'll discuss it later...

I have to be in your gawd awful city again in the coming weeks ..

No- I am saying either way taxpayer money will be going towards SOMETHING, so the financial issue the poster made was not a be-all-end-all answer.

I also don't view the WMA management as something superior to calling in private professionals in various cases.

In the areas near me it is common 'local' knowledge that they are basing their current hunting laws/regulations on public land on how much pressure they get from private landowners adjacent to the public hunting areas. I.e. people purchase land next to public hunting land (in my area) because hunting pressure will drive the animals on to their land where there are feeders etc.

The land owners will then make constant complaints to the WMA until stupid laws and hunting season dates are jacked up to suit their own needs. And the WMA gives in pretty easily to their complaints while not taking seriously the advice of the public land hunters.

True true. I suppose either answer has its merits and caveats.

Your state is an abnormal beast when it comes to hunting.

Last edited:
True true. I suppose either answer has its merits and caveats.

Your state is an abnormal beast when it comes to hunting.

I know, Texas is insanely large, yet 95% of the land is privately owned. Some land owners near me have even been accused of vandalizing public hunters trucks, to put off people coming there lol. Fucking weirdos

Sun Tzu would be proud imo,

We'll discuss it later...

I have to be in your gawd awful city again in the coming weeks ..
We HAVE to link up this time buddeh

Tags alone for Montana, ~4.4 million all of which goes back to wildlife and habitat management. Estimated 288 million estimated in added revenue for the state just with deer/elk/antelope. In a state of only a million people...

That 288 mil, tags brought that in.

The 4.4 million in tags is not that much though and does it all go back into wildlife and habitat management? And the 288 million is a small percentage of the tourism industry, Yellowstone males a lot more. Hunting is really not that big in the hole scheme of things.

The 4.4 million in tags is not that much though and does it all go back into wildlife and habitat management? And the 288 million is a small percentage of the tourism industry, Yellowstone males a lot more. Hunting is really not that big in the hole scheme of things.

Yep, in some way or another via transparency laws. Apples and oranges.

Yep, in some way or another via transparency laws. Apples and oranges.

Do you really think 4.4 million really goes far in wildlife management for a entire state? And hunting is not really a growing industry anymore and shrinking in some places.

Back