This Guy . . . The Cowardly Trophy Hunter

if the lion was going to die anyways, it's probably better for it to die as it's asleep.
ideally, when my time comes,it will also come while i sleep.

Maybe he killed it to feed his family

the true ending to the Lion King remake

If there were no dbags paying a shit ton of cash that are allowed to hunt the old animals of Africa , or do the “culling” that conservationists seem necessary, then sadly the animals will be worse off as a whole.

They pay tons of money to pay the African park guards and whatnot. That extra cash keeps the poachers at bay. It’s still not enough money and the guards will take bribes and poachers will still poach

Sad truth is, hunters like this tool are indeed helping save the animals there, cuz they pay a ton. Those animals were either old or already targeted for culling.

Even sadder, is that the animals of Africa are in dire threat of all being eradicated by dirt poor starving Africans who will kill the animals and sell their parts to the nations of Asia for folk medicine.

People that think hunting is the main form of conservation is why a lot of wildlife populations are getting so fucked up today.

People that think hunting is the main form of conservation is why a lot of wildlife populations are getting so fucked up today.

Yup, in actual fact public hunting can hinder the ability to kill percentages of certain animals off. For example in Texas there is a problem with a high presence of wild hogs- you have hunters chasing 1 or 2 hogs and killing them, versus leaving the land empty of all human presence, and catching 20 of them via trapping (which is banned on public land here).

Now having said that- I bow hunt and the fuckers better not close more land off to hunting because I enjoy it. Never taken a trophy. I've killed squirrels, rabbits, pigs, deer and I don't masturbate over things like antler points etc as seems to be the norm in hunting videos.

For some reason I have zero interest in 'trophy' hunting. I do it because I like being outdoors practicing field skills and eating food that I kill.

Yup, in actual fact public hunting can hinder the ability to kill percentages of certain animals off. For example in Texas there is a problem with a high presence of wild hogs- you have hunters chasing 1 or 2 hogs and killing them, versus leaving the land empty of all human presence, and catching 20 of them via trapping (which is banned on public land here).

Now having said that- I bow hunt and the fuckers better not close more land off to hunting because I enjoy it. Never taken a trophy. I've killed squirrels, rabbits, pigs, deer and I don't masturbate over things like antler points etc as seems to be the norm in hunting videos.

For some reason I have zero interest in 'trophy' hunting. I do it because I like being outdoors practicing field skills and eating food that I kill.

I hunt and come from a hunting family but there are way to many people out there that think hunting and aggressive predator culling are somehow keeping wildlife populations "balanced" really need to wake the fuck up.

One always has to consider alternatives in such a case. My personal favourite is that we ban trophy hunters completely. Then when they are banned and we have legislated and shamed them into not doing it any more, we can watch the residents of a bunch of starving, third world, corrupt, dictator led countries rapidly kill off the remaining animals and sell their parts to China for penis enlargement elixirs. The benefit of this solution is that the animals still die, do it at an even faster pace since the corrupt third world countries now have zero incentive to keep them alive for high paying trophy hunters to kill, but we get to go online and do thoughts and praye... Er, insist that we are moral people who oppose the death of these animals most vehemently. It won't save the animals, but boy will we feel good while it is going down!

I guess alternative B is for the people who act so upset about this to actually make significant sacrifices in their lives to do what needs to be done to save these animals. Then again, option B is already on the table and it has been failing for literally decades.

So, what's the plan here? We all sit here on our soapboxes decrying the horrible actions of trophy hunters who contribute more to the preservation of these animals than the impotent protests of every self-righteous twat to ever climb onto an internet pulpit to preach about the issue? It sure feels good but I'm not sure it's getting the results we could hope for. Seriously, you care? How much time have you spent in Africa actively putting yourself on the line to protect these animals from poachers? How much of your paycheque goes to this issue? Are you part of an organization actually doing something significant? No? Then why aren't you starting one? What material sacrifices have you made other than the wear and tear on your fingers as you express indignation about this whole scenario on the internet? If you've done something it's obviously not enough - so what more could you do and why aren't you doing it? Or is the plan to just sit here and bitch on the internet? Because that's sure what it looks like.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of trophy hunters. That being said, one trophy hunter likely does more to affect the economic and social climate to actually help preserve the lives of these animals than ten thousand people preaching on the internet because they actually create some economic incentive for these dirt poor countries to protect these animals. Money talks and bullshit walks, and in this case the trophy hunters represent the money while you people represent truckloads of grade A bullshit masquerading as morality.

I guess you are so smart you didnt even think about the massive and steadily growing eco-tourism market, lots of parks in Africa dont do hunting and make tons of money from tourists and Non profits.

Respect. What kind of bow you rocking?

I hunt and come from a hunting family but there are way to many people out there that think hunting and aggressive predator culling are somehow keeping wildlife populations "balanced" really need to wake the fuck up.

It’s not just “some people”, it’s the wildlife/habitat management agencies that make that determination through ecological studies.

It’s not just “some people”, it’s the wildlife/habitat management agencies that make that determination through ecological studies.

Theres no shortage of biologists that call out government agencies for their decisions. I know of some that dont even know what the populations are of the animals they are making management decisions on. Also hunting groups can a surprising amount of lobbying power.

Noice. I’m rocking the recurve too. Looking to move to a longbow when I get the money. Are those the Gold Tip Traditional shafts? I bought a few of those and they flew much better than my stuff as fuck Bemans.

Yea they're trads, I haven't had any issues at all with them, just need to re-fletch soon! What recurve do you use/weight you pulling? I opted for 55lbs, nice happy medium for me

Theres no shortage of biologists that call out government agencies for their decisions. I know of some that dont even know what the populations are of the animals they are making management decisions on. Also hunting groups can a surprising amount of lobbying power.

Yes biologists do. No you don’t. And the harvest data and tag quotas over long periods of time prove that is not true.

You do know that people “balance” the animals ecosystem? At the behest of a goverment agency which absolutely has the well being of the animals in mind.

Point in fact. The state of California has to kill X number of moutain lions a year when they become problematic.

They HIRE Professional hunters to come kill X number. The state and taxpayers pay for that.

The better idea is to SELL permits for those mountain lions and the state makes MORE money that can be used to further conservation efforts

Yea they're trads, I haven't had any issues at all with them, just need to re-fletch soon! What recurve do you use/weight you pulling? I opted for 55lbs, nice happy medium for me

I started with 35# limbs and moved up to 55# after 6 months. I’m shooting a Southwest Archery Spyder XL because I have a super long draw. My wife has the Samick Sage 30#, but I probably shoot it more than she does.

Next bow will be a Martin or a Bear.

You do know that people “balance” the animals ecosystem? At the behest of a goverment agency which absolutely has the well being of the animals in mind.

Point in fact. The state of California has to kill X number of moutain lions a year when they become problematic.

They HIRE Professional hunters to come kill X number. The state and taxpayers pay for that.

The better idea is to SELL permits for those mountain lions and the state makes MORE money that can be used to further conservation efforts

they should pay more and have hunters fight mountain lions with knifes, i could sell that shit to netflix for a mint, the ultimate ballsack test thats the name im working on

Clever,

He won without taking any damage...

No need for strength where skill is required.
agility-special-fallout-4-prints.jpg

Back