This Guy . . . The Cowardly Trophy Hunter

If there are any benefits of hunting they are so small they are barely noticeable. And yeah theoretically hunting is supposed to keep wildlife populations in check but the reality is way more complicated. Hunting and corruption in Africa has brought in a hole other issue of problems like canned wildlife and non regulated outfitting companies.

And stop saying the money from tags helps to prevent poaching, the poaching industry has exploded in the last 15 years. Its taken massive efforts from governments and international organizations to help try stop it, people have even died. But you have rich trophy hunters and their defenders walking around acting like they are the only ones that are doing anything to help.

The naive ones are the ones that think a extremely complicated and expensive situation like ecology and wildlife management are solved buy hunting a few animals and making a couple of bucks. Why are there so many growing problems with wildlife globally if it's such a simple issue that hunting fixes it.

I'll argue about this all fucking day because I know I'm right.
So, hunting isn't the problem, it's human corruption. Got it. That makes sense. When funds aren't being allocated properly, to support the villages and communities, to help fight poaching, etc, then yes, we have a problem. But that isn't HUNTING being the problem, is it.

You are trying to claim that I am saying hunting is the only way to help animal conservation, and I have never claimed that nor do I believe that. There are many paths to approach, hunting being one of them. So please, don't put words in my mouth or use rhetoric to claim I am making a point that I am, in fact, not making.

There are many reasons why there are problems with wildlife populations falling, and hunting is most certainly not one of the main contributing factors. We have fished the oceans nearly empty, agricultural land has taken away habitats, factory farming has slaughtered billions. Hunting is a very small industry compared to Big Agriculture, Real Estate, and Corporate Pollution. Be realistic here about it.

For the record, I would never trophy hunt. I grew up hunting deer, but we would always field dress, cook and eat fresh, then freeze leftovers and eat what remained over the year. I believe in the other avenues for animal conservation, but I am not foolish enough to believe that the money raised from trophy hunting doesn't help. Or rather, it should, but greedy people may mismanage funds. Which is horrible and I wish that didn't exist.

So, hunting isn't the problem, it's human corruption. Got it. That makes sense. When funds aren't being allocated properly, to support the villages and communities, to help fight poaching, etc, then yes, we have a problem. But that isn't HUNTING being the problem, is it.

You are trying to claim that I am saying hunting is the only way to help animal conservation, and I have never claimed that nor do I believe that. There are many paths to approach, hunting being one of them. So please, don't put words in my mouth or use rhetoric to claim I am making a point that I am, in fact, not making.

There are many reasons why there are problems with wildlife populations falling, and hunting is most certainly not one of the main contributing factors. We have fished the oceans nearly empty, agricultural land has taken away habitats, factory farming has slaughtered billions. Hunting is a very small industry compared to Big Agriculture, Real Estate, and Corporate Pollution. Be realistic here about it.

For the record, I would never trophy hunt. I grew up hunting deer, but we would always field dress, cook and eat fresh, then freeze leftovers and eat what remained over the year. I believe in the other avenues for animal conservation, but I am not foolish enough to believe that the money raised from trophy hunting doesn't help. Or rather, it should, but greedy people may mismanage funds. Which is horrible and I wish that didn't exist.

Im saying that people really over estimate the impact hunting has on conservation. Its limited to how much money it can bring in and is often taken advantage of and can be lead to corruption. The fact that people say it pays to stop poaching in Africa is stupid if you looked at what was actually going on. And the huge canned wildlife industry kinda puts a huge hole in the balancing wildlife theory that people use as well.

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/the-real-story-behind-canned-lion-hunting-in-sa-2018-5
South Africa is considered the top destination for trophy hunting and captive-bred lions for good reason. There are approximately 200 farms and breeding facilities in South Africa that hold between 6,000 and 8,000 predators, most of which are lions.

Yeah and hunting is a small industry compared to big industry thats why its next to useless it just cant compete with them. You need lots of money and awareness to help with conservation and hunting doesn't have that. Hunting has stagnated in a lot of places and is shirking in some so the long tern viablity of it is in big question.

Last edited:
We should start kidnapping their Panda's and holding them hostage
I think we should take it up a notch from that.

latest

Back