They both preformed poorly

You're an idiot, and it turns out an asshole to boot. You can easily and objectively evaluate their movements from the beginning of the fight, and arrive at the conclusion that they both looked bad. JDS refusing to fight with his hands up from the very beginning. Not after he was gassed, not after he was hit, from the start. Cain shooting takedowns from half way across the octagon, not setting them up, not changing levels, just blind shooting.

These had nothing to do with the quality of opponent, but demonstrated, clearly and objectively, them both looking very bad. This doesn't mean they're not tough, it doesn't mean they're not good fighters, it just means that tonight they both looked bad in their respective disciplines.

Noob, really? That's the insult you go to to support your point? At least the other guy said I liked sucking dick, that one was at least new.

I agree from the beginning they both looked like shit, the takedowns from Cain looked desperate and amateur in round one. JDS looked like he was in slow motion. Sad fight overall, even the guy at the bar sitting next to me in BWW said the same thing and he said he never watches MMA.

JDS showed he has a freaking chin. Cain hit him with some bombs. JDS is one dimension. Cain has him numbered. Overeem will beat JDS easy. Overeem will have major problems with cain.

Well, if you only judge my join date, at least since 2003. Since you couldn't be bothered to even look to the left and see that obvious fact, I take it you can't be bothered to provide any real substantive support to your claim that it was indeed a barn burner for the ages.

I honestly don't expect much from an idiot with an av like yours........Your join date doesn't keep you from making idiotic comments.....I guess a join date can't take the keyboard watrrior out of you. Do you do any pysical acts, or have you ever?

Enough people have called you out for being a keyboard bashing idiot, I'd think you would have had enough.

Cain put on one of the most insane paces ever seen in a HW fight and whooped JDS so badly that he gassed himself out, and because of that he performed poorly? The dude put up a 50-43 scorecard over the guy who was thought to be the #1 HW in the world, but yet he performed poorly?

Does not compute.

JDS was garbage from the bell.
Cain was astounding in the face of zero opposition. For a round.

Then he gassed and lost the ability to take JDS down and couldn't hurt him anymore. This carried on for three rounds and as a whole, the fight was shit.

I honestly don't expect much from an idiot with an av like yours........Your join date doesn't keep you from making idiotic comments.....I guess a join date can't take the keyboard watrrior out of you. Do you do any pysical acts, or have you ever?

Do you intend to counter anything I said in any posts in this thread, or just keep throwing up sad insults that keep failing to land?

Are sherdog posters this dumb? Most people would gas within minutes of the first round if put in their shoes. How are you going to expect two HWs to keep up this pace and not gas a little through 5 rounds? Every fighter in each weight class shows fatique towards the end and if you think otherwise, please never watch mma again.

OK Morons class is in session.

Today's lesson is VERY FUCKING SHORT so put your cell phones away and pay attention.

When you are fighting either the absolute best, or second best fighter at your weight and you are the other of the two possibilities, both you and your opponent are going to look worse than you would in a fight against anyone else at your given weight. Neither of you is going to look as crisp, composed or dominant as you would against an inferior fighter because... well because fucking duh.

Did you all take notes?

K, now staple them to your eyeballs you fucking morons.

Class dismissed.

ya'll are all being so silly.

It's called pace and fatigue. You can't fight at that pace and still look that good technique wise. Not as a heavyweight anyway.

Cain shot for 5 or 6 single legs in the 1st round; that could gas most ww's.

Natman... how many years on sherdog now?

Still posting with logic... tisk tisk.

<3

Do you intend to counter anything I said in any posts in this thread, or just keep throwing up sad insults that keep failing to land?

I said the same thing everybody else has told you sad pathetic haters......if you didn't like that fight, I have no idea why the fuck you watch fighting.....

Cain came out with a gameplan that basically amounted to "I have better cardio than you so I'm going to spend my cardio to make you spend yours until we're both tired, but you're more tired. Then I'll take over." It worked, but it didn't make either guy look pretty.

JDS refusing to fight with his hands up from the very beginning. Not after he was gassed, not after he was hit, from the start.

Given that Cain was...

shooting takedowns from half way across the octagon, not setting them up, not changing levels, just blind shooting.

...I think it's pretty obvious why JDS was doing that. As for Cain, I didn't love the takedowns, but I think he considered it the safest way to try to force scrambles and push the pace while putting himself in as little danger as possible. And, to his credit, it worked, though I can't help think he'd have been better off setting them up a little better.

Even so, I think most of what looked poor (or at least poorer than we might have expected) was a product of Cain's gameplan, not any major failings by the fighters. Also, it's Heavyweight MMA. If you expect much more than this, you're going to be disappointed.

Are sherdog posters this dumb? Most people would gas within minutes of the first round if put in their shoes. How are you going to expect two HWs to keep up this pace and not gas a little through 5 rounds? Every fighter in each weight class shows fatique towards the end and if you think otherwise, please never watch mma again.

Saying they gassed "a little" is quite an exaggeration, man.

They both looked like shit compared to their past performances.

If you think otherwise, please watch more MMA. Especially some of these fighter's previous matches.

Today's lesson is VERY FUCKING SHORT so put your cell phones away and pay attention.

When you are fighting either the absolute best, or second best fighter at your weight and you are the other of the two possibilities, both you and your opponent are going to look worse than you would in a fight against anyone else at your given weight. Neither of you is going to look as crisp, composed or dominant as you would against an inferior fighter because... well because fucking duh.

Did you all take notes?

Class dismissed.

By god, aren't you smart.

What an ignorant post.

There is the chance the guys aren't gonna look quite as good as usual. Thing is, not only did they not look as great, they looked terrible. They were both sapped of energy after round 1. That's sad no matter how you spin it.

Did you all take notes?

Class dismissed.

Thank you......alot of idiots think because they've been on an internet forum for 9 years eating cheetohs and criticizing, that they actually have a fucking clue......turns out, they don't.

Did you all take notes?

Class dismissed.

This is the one of the only fights the lesson you taught actually happens in, all other champions look like......champions

Cause the fight went 5 rounds! We haven't seen that since --- Couture maybe?

Most people are not elite HW MMA fighters so the argument "you'd gas too" isn't especially valid.

I said the same thing everybody else has told you sad pathetic haters......if you didn't like that fight, I have no idea why the fuck you watch fighting.....

You're something special. Show me the hate. Show me one ounce of hate in anything i have said about these guys. Shit, check my post history, find it there. Of course, you won't because it doesn't exist. I dared to say something that wasn't complimentary, so you said I must be a beer swilling noob. Failing there, you mocked my avatar, as though means anything to anyone who's not an infant. And so, failing once again to dispute what I have said, you abandon any pretense of discussion.

You're a schmuck, and try as you might, you'll not find one instance of me blindly hating either of these guys. All you'll find is me pointing out, and being backed up by other posters, the technical deficiencies apparent from the very beginning of the fight.

These people are just so stupid.

It is not that Cain's striking, aggresive gameplan, and ability to get the first big hit was good.....it was that JDS "forgot how to box"

It was not that JDS has phenomenal TDD, it is that Cain "could not shoot a good single"

Give me a break.

It's like these noobs forget that when you match two of the best guys in the world, both of them are in for a really hard fight....WOW, who would of figured!?!?!?!?

How many Sherdoggers know what it's like to compete in any level of combat sports? Exactly... Take their opinions for what they are worth.. nothing, usually.

Back