They both preformed poorly

I never said that what he implemented didn't work, I just said he looked sloppy and the fight seemed lackluster as a result of this.

I guess I just expected more out of both fighters, and thought of them to be more smooth, fluid, and technical then they showed tonight. With much better cardio. :icon_cry2

Well, prettiness was sacrificed for something more important. You'd think supposed hardcore mma fans would appreciate that. Lol at lackluster. This was a great and entertaining fight.

The pace was pretty good for a HW fight but JDS gassed way too fast.
Most of Cains takedowns were pathetic.
Yet, JDS didn't counter against them.
JDS seemed very one dimensional.
Cain couldn't finish JDS when JDS was very gassed while he still had something left.
The last rounds looked like a drunker bar fight.

I didn't really care who would win but I was kind of disappointed even though the fight wasn't actually bad. Obviosly Cain looked better.

/thread

Considering they are HEAVYWEIGHTS. that was a pretty impressive..

Both were kind of out of it.

Not the best performance -- Cain just got lucky tonight to find an opening on a flu ridden JDS. Get over it.

Yeah the fight was rather forgettable. Cain seemed unwilling to go for the finish after JDS survived being dropped.

Boxers do it for 12 rounds.

Heavyweight boxing matches look pretty similar most of the time. Even many of the classic ones. Like I said before, in boxing the bad aesthetics are forgiven in classic, important fights.

The pace was pretty good for a HW fight but JDS gassed way too fast.
Most of Cains takedowns were pathetic.
Yet, JDS didn't counter against them.
JDS seemed very one dimensional.
Cain couldn't finish JDS when JDS was very gassed while he still had something left.
The last rounds looked like a drunker bar fight.

I didn't really care who would win but I was kind of disappointed even though the fight wasn't actually bad. Obviosly Cain looked better.

I completely concur.

Cain looked very impressive

he looked like the heavy weight version of GSP ;)

Cain did well obviously but I think he looked tired after the 3rd round and while his face me we showed it, he was gassed as hell which is why he just ordered HDS against the cage whenever possible.

Cain played it too safe towards the end if the fight but he is the champ so I guess the an worked...

Bro, 240 pounds is hard to move around for 1 minute let alone 5-25.

p.s.

slap yourself.

Neither one of them has gassed or slowed as quickly in a 15 minute fight then they did in the first 5 minutes of this fight.

Slap yourself, lady.

Agree with the OP.

I didn't really care who won or lost, but neither of them looked good at all.

Back