Theres a HUGE rivalry between Khabib and Taisumov

NandoMoura

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

I really don't know why they don't like each other but it sounds like there's been some bad blood between these two. Mairbek has been a long-time critic of Khabib. He said in a russian TV show that his gonna kill Khabib.

Taisumov said: ''I know Khabib will not fight me. I don't think this fight will happen, but who knows? We will see''

Khabib vs Taisumov is the male version of Joanna vs Karolina. WOW.

http://tofight.ru/archives/77007

Omg wtf those crazy russians are INVINCIBLE, only armor piercing SHELLS have been known to SLOW them down.

Taisumov is a bad motherfucker.

Imagine this fight in Russia for the belt.

Crazy shit, Chechnya vs Dagestan. Magomed vs Magomed. Absolutely haram, but feels so halal.

They should definitely fight...to the living death.

b21466690bb4862de8e507ec5ae87a09.gif

Would be a tough fight for khabib. Thats interesting they dont like each other, whats the genesis of the issue? Anyways Mairbek will mever fight for a belt as long as his visa issues remain.

Thats interesting they dont like each other, whats the genesis of the issue?

Never heard anything about this. Seems like clickbait. Taisumov called Khabib "bro" in numerous tweets and wished him well against Barboza and wished him well after his weight-cutting issues.
I'm gonna ask a russian-speaking friend to translate the video above, tomorrow.

Last edited:
Well I'm assuming Taisumov's next fight will be against a top 10 fighter. Win that and another fight or two and he is right there to fight Khabib.

No, there is not. Taisumov respects Khabib and he made it clear many times, always when asked about it he said they'd prefer to NOT fight each other if possible. Taisumov is at least 3 wins away from a titleshot, anyway.

Clickbait title/thread.

<3>

Translated article from above (http://tofight.ru/archives/77007):

"I do not want to talk about him. I need to conduct many more fights. I know that Habib will not fight me. I know Habib, and he knows me, we are like brothers. I do not think that our fight will happen, but who knows? Let's see, " said Taisumov.

Well I'm assuming Taisumov's next fight will be against a top 10 fighter. Win that and another fight or two and he is right there to fight Khabib.
There's a long queue at 155 right now it'll take more than 2 wins because he likely won't get anyone in the top 15 to fight him overseas let alone top 10.

He should be aiming for Trinaldo in Brwzil, Teymur in Liverpool, Hernandez or Felder in Singapore.

Vick, Eddie, Gaethje/Poirier winner, Barboza/Lee winner, Tony's return, 145 Champ, & Conor all ahead in the queue. Plus guys like OAM & Islam coming up are more active and can pass up Taisumov who fights once a year at best.

Feed vick to him. If he beats vick, give him a title shot. I feel he is overrated but if he can beat vick, he is definitely top tier.

Longest active KO/TKO streak in the UFC.
Barely anybody talks about him - how is he overrated? By whom?
This is exactly what I thought. I spent a few months away for the most part. But I never saw a Taisumov is GOAT thread.

Longest active KO/TKO streak in the UFC.
Barely anybody talks about him - how is he overrated? By whom?
This is how sherdog will dog his recent KO’s..

He is fighting unknown cans

That’s the sherdog way of discrediting all his UFC wins.

Clickbait thread, they won't fight each other because they're friends. Taisumov is probably Khabib's worst match-up at 155 though, amazing striking and Caucasus grappling. I could see him being a champion in the future if his visa issues ever get fixed.

Back