• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Theres a debate about Jones vs Blaydes on another forum... lets discuss

lerobshow

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I'm not gonna say what I think yet or what forum it is (were on Sherdog babe) because I want to open a discussion here but let's say Jones win and Blaydes upset Aspinall -- Do y'all think Jones will have a problem with Curtis?

Let's talk guys. I've been arguing for hours here in Thailand with people at the gym and what I'm hearing is crazy.

I want to hear y'all opinions.

Jon could probably hang with Curtis.

Blaydes got stuffed by Ngannou and Jailton was out wrestling him fairly one-sidedly until he went full tard not defending against elbows upside his dome.

Juicehead would probably out grapple him.

I dont think Jones would have an issue with Blaydes. Too much of a difference in technique, IQ, chin, and cardio.

I cant trust Blaydes in top fights. It's not a skills thing. Just him shitting the bed.

Jones never shat on that bed.

Thats why im happy Tom/Blaydes are rematching. It's the best option aside from Jones/Tom. I want to see Jones vs the winner.

Much as I hate Jones for being a giant cheat and terrible person, his bag of tricks is extremely deep. Curtis Blaydes ran into the Derrick Lewis uppercut and got knocked out really easily by Pavlovich

Jones is well-rounded with kicks, elbows, clinch, submissions, wrestling, TDD, etc so I think he'd definitely beat Blaydes

There is no other forum.

I cant trust Blaydes in top fights. It's not a skills thing. Just him shitting the bed.

Jones never shat on that bed.

Thats why im happy Tom/Blaydes are rematching. It's the best option aside from Jones/Tom. I want to see Jones vs the winner.
Maybe not that bed, but plenty of others.

It's never over for Jones. People want to see him lose.

I still think Blaydes is a terrible matchup for Jon. I think he loses to a lot of the other top guys, but I think he gives Jon a lot of problems.

I'm not gonna say what I think yet or what forum it is (were on Sherdog babe) because I want to open a discussion here but let's say Jones win and Blaydes upset Aspinall -- Do y'all think Jones will have a problem with Curtis?

Let's talk guys. I've been arguing for hours here in Thailand with people at the gym and what I'm hearing is crazy.

I want to hear y'all opinions.
It is hard to go against Jon with his record, however - I believe Curtis would take him. It would be the first time ever Jon fought someone bigger than himself, and besides being bigger, Curtis can also wrestle. Hell, even though Stipe is old as fuck and havent fought in a long time, and is 2-2 in last 4, I think he has a ok chance vs Jon.

Jon wins his fight by being bigger, and by stabbing his opponents in the face with his hands constantly. Stabbing his fingers at peoples faces is both his offence and defense. Now that out stretched fingers are illegal + the new gloves, I think most of Jons strong points are gone.

I am a Jon Jones hater though so I might be biased. Fuck the dirty bastard.

It is hard to go against Jon with his record, however - I believe Curtis would take him. It would be the first time ever Jon fought someone bigger than himself, and besides being bigger, Curtis can also wrestle. Hell, even though Stipe is old as fuck and havent fought in a long time, and is 2-2 in last 4, I think he has a ok chance vs Jon.

Jon wins his fight by being bigger, and by stabbing his opponents in the face with his hands constantly. Stabbing his fingers at peoples faces is both his offence and defense. Now that out stretched fingers are illegal + the new gloves, I think most of Jons strong points are gone.

I am a Jon Jones hater though so I might be biased. Fuck the dirty bastard.
I like your take.

Not gonna reveal my pick yet but I like the fact that despite your hate for Jones (which I share btw) you can separate skills from the person (aka be objective).

Many many many MANYYYYY people can't do that atm. Too much Instagram, Cardi B, TikTok, etc.

Back