There NEEDS To Be Stricter Consequences For Grabbing The Fence

Fuck it, if they're going to fight in a cage, they should be able to grab a hold of it. Otherwise just fight in a ring

On the ground in what position though? Full guard, half, side control?

Spinner.gif

That would give guys like Werdum a huge advantage. That is what makes it such a tough issue to address.

If you have him lifted, it should be put in the position you WOULD have landed. I don't know how they could do this though.

[QUOTE="Rush";77843147]Made me laugh in the 5th when Herb said he's take a point, like that matters.

As for Aldo/Mendes, you're wrong. After the fence grab Mendes done the exact same technique which put Aldo down to his knee - he bounced straight back up and KO'd him 15 seconds later.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't the same technique.

The one Aldo got taken down with dumped him straight down while taking Aldo not far off of his feet.

As opposed to
aldo_fence_640_640.jpg

Exactly. There is often just blatant things that are illegal that greatly affect the fight that have no consequences. I can handle one nut shot getting a warning but one fence grab, short grab, or eye poke and it should be an immediate point deduction and restart in the same position.

Mma is the one sport you can blatantly chest and have no repercussion

this

no warnings for fence grabbing needed. there should be an automatic point deduction or the ref restarts the fight with the guy going for the take down assuming side control. that way nobody would ever grab the fence again.

b0WQR.gif

Mendes could have taken his back. And he didn't get him nearly as high in the air the second time, partly because Aldo grabbed the fence. I can't find the GIF.

Here it is. at 5:08, about 5 seconds before the KO, he grabs the cage to get against it.

I just went back and looked at it and Chad had him completey in the air the 2nd time and he got straight back up, i believe he would have got straight back up had he not grabbed the cage.

Exactly. At that point you should be willing to grab the fence all you want because you're gonna need a finish to win, anyway. I like the suggestion that if someone repeatedly grabs the fence then the ref should separate the fighters and have them restart on the ground, with the fence grabber on the bottom. Full guard for the first time (after warnings of course), half guard if it happens again, full mount for anymore repeat offenses.

I like the idea of starting them on the ground if they do it repeatably.

If you fence grab while in a dominate position you immediately lose that position and following fence grabs result in point deductions.

If you fence grab while not in a dominate position once the fight is able to be paused you immediately lose a point.

Not bad

a kick to the groin should warrant the guy who got kicked a free kick to the other guy's groin kinda like freethrows in basketball but in this case,we'll call them freekicks.

Instant disqualification for fence grabbing, it may seem a bit extreme and it would ruin a few fights are first, but eventually fence grabbing would stop.

As long as there is consistency within the fight itself, and the ref is equally strict or lax with each fighter, I have no issues with how the ref handles that particular issue.

As long as there is consistency within the fight itself, and the ref is equally strict or lax with each fighter, I have no issues with how the ref handles that particular issue.

They shouldn't have the option of penalizing a blatant illegal move.

[QUOTE="Rush";77843707]I just went back and looked at it and Chad had him completey in the air the 2nd time and he got straight back up, i believe he would have got straight back up had he not grabbed the cage.

I like the idea of starting them on the ground if they do it repeatably.[/QUOTE]

He had him lifted MUCH higher.

Hope you're kidding

Back