There NEEDS To Be Stricter Consequences For Grabbing The Fence

As long as there is consistency within the fight itself, and the ref is equally strict or lax with each fighter, I have no issues with how the ref handles that particular issue.

i agree. Shit happens. Its not like people go into fights planning on fence grabbing to get them a win.

Agreed ts the fence grabbing happened a lot of times when Cain was trying to take jds down as it wasn't already hard enough without the fence grab

[QUOTE="Rush";77843935]
33niv11.png
[/QUOTE]

I didn't recall correctly, it was more similar.

I stand by my statement that the one illegally defended was potentially a more effective one.

Mendes had his back arched before Aldo's death clutch on the fence changed directions.

Agree.

A lot of people say "it's a reaction, they don't even think about it".

I say, make it a 1-point deduction on the first offense; and then watch almost nobody do it anymore.

I'm a big fan of Aldo but the fence grab definitely effected the fight. Think about it. Aldo hit that knee with 2-3 seconds left in the round. If Mendes would have gotten that TD, the ensuing scramble would've been 2-3 seconds. So if Aldo hadn't grabbed the fence, there is a good chance the round would've ended before the knee...

As long as there is consistency within the fight itself, and the ref is equally strict or lax with each fighter, I have no issues with how the ref handles that particular issue.

Well, looking at your username, I can see why you think that. But that is just bad logic. Usually, the issue is going to benefit one fighter. I haven't seen a fight where both guys were grabbing the cage. You think Mendes was going to need to grab the cage?

I didn't recall correctly, it was more similar.

I stand by my statement that the one illegally defended was potentially a more effective one.

Mendes had his back arched before Aldo's death clutch on the fence changed directions.

No, he barely got Aldo off the ground on that one. Look at that picture. Aldo is like 2 feet over the ground.

There are no consequences by grabing the fence.

Who was the last fighter penalized? I only remember Tito Ortiz.

I'm a big fan of Aldo but the fence grab definitely effected the fight. Think about it. Aldo hit that knee with 2-3 seconds left in the round. If Mendes would have gotten that TD, the ensuing scramble would've been 2-3 seconds. So if Aldo hadn't grabbed the fence, there is a good chance the round would've ended before the knee...

There is no doubt that it would have been the end of the round.

Im kind of on the other side I guess, I think they should let them grab the fence. It would make someone think twice about just leaning on a guy on the fence trying for the take down, and as has been said, there really isnt an effective way to enforce the rule, so I say remove it so there is no chance of it causing a "controversial" outcome.

Im kind of on the other side I guess, I think they should let them grab the fence. It would make someone think twice about just leaning on a guy on the fence trying for the take down, and as has been said, there really isnt an effective way to enforce the rule, so I say remove it so there is no chance of it causing a "controversial" outcome.

That would completely ruin the sport. It would be fence grabbing K-1.

Because literally the fight wouldn't go to the ground if you could grab the fence. Even with a TD in the center, you would just boot scoot to the fence and pull yourself up. That is one of the WORST ideas I have ever heard.

I agree. Fighters should only be warned once about that shit.

Because literally the fight wouldn't go to the ground if you could grab the fence. Even with a TD in the center, you would just boot scoot to the fence and pull yourself up. That is one of the WORST ideas I have ever heard.

So you think that they should only be able to use the fence for a takedown and not TDD? Its the same thing.

Take them down in the center. If there but scooting all the way to the cage then you clearly cant control them.

I want Aldo/Mendes II just so it quiets all of these lunatics who think Mendes was somewhere close to doing... Well, anything.

Back