There NEEDS To Be Stricter Consequences For Grabbing The Fence

I'd be fine with making it legal, but it would change a lot.

Anyone who has ever fought or trained in a cage
will tell you it is the most natural thing in the world to grab the fence,it just happens.

I want Aldo/Mendes II just so it quiets all of these lunatics who think Mendes was somewhere close to doing... Well, anything.

I never said it Mendes would have won, but it NO DOUBT changed the outcome of the fight. There would have been a second round, and Aldo has shown cardio issues in the past.

thats a stupid idea to allow fence grabbing... do you know how dangerous that can possibly be? if everybody starts grabbing for fences theres a good chance peoples fingers will get stuck in them and a very good chance of broken fingers. no point in allowing that.. just need to enforce it more.

on the other side, its hard to take a point immediately for a fence grab b/c it can be done so unintentionally just by instinct and there goes the round you either draw or lose the round unless you really were putting an ass whooping on your opponent.

Anyone who has ever fought or trained in a cage
will tell you it is the most natural thing in the world to grab the fence,it just happens.

Get the fuck outta here with this bullshit. EVERYTHING in MMA is not natrual. Keeping your hands up isn't natural, keeping your chin tucked isn't natural. That doesn't mean shit. If you take away a point the first time they do it, it won't become so "natural" anymore.

Don't forget Fedor/Lindland. That fight was in a ring and Fedor's rope grab was pretty bad.

I loved it last night when Winslow told Boetsch to not hold the fence twice. Tim said "Im not holding fence"..........You know he wanted to say "bitch" afterwards.

thats a stupid idea to allow fence grabbing... do you know how dangerous that can possibly be? if everybody starts grabbing for fences theres a good chance peoples fingers will get stuck in them and a very good chance of broken fingers. no point in allowing that.. just need to enforce it more.

on the other side, its hard to take a point immediately for a fence grab b/c it can be done so unintentionally just by instinct and there goes the round you either draw or lose the round unless you really were putting an ass whooping on your opponent.

They will stop doing it if it is a point immediatly, guaranteed.

Don't forget Fedor/Lindland. That fight was in a ring and Fedor's rope grab was pretty bad.

fedor-emelianenko_matt-lindland.gif

Fingers would get ripped off the first event they implement that.

All the more reason to grab it strategically, like how there doing it right now with no problems.

Same thing with Punching. Punch like an idiot and you'll break your hand. Therefore try not to punch like an idiot.

I can't believe people are actually saying they should be allowed to grab the cage, do you know how much stalling that causes? Wrestlers could just pin someone up against the cage, grab on, and just stall for 15 minutes. Nothing is gained from allowing cage grabs, I can see the reasoning behind soccer kicks or stops, but cage grabbing is only detrimental to the combat simulation, as well as entertainment value of the sport.

If you have ever watched and early UFC, or NHB competition you know how crappy grabbing the fence is, heck, Scott Ferrozzo would be UFC champ right now if you could grab the cage!

Taking a point wouldn't do anything because he was down by so much it didn't matter. So grabbing the cage isn't a bad strategy at that point. I'm not sure what they should do.

Take the point anyways and then put them on the ground with the fighter who committed the foul in the bottom position.

I can't believe people are actually saying they should be allowed to grab the cage, do you know how much stalling that causes? Wrestlers could just pin someone up against the cage, grab on, and just stall for 15 minutes. Nothing is gained from allowing cage grabs, I can see the reasoning behind soccer kicks or stops, but cage grabbing is only detrimental to the combat simulation, as well as entertainment value of the sport.

If you have ever watched and early UFC, or NHB competition you know how crappy grabbing the fence is, heck, Scott Ferrozzo would be UFC champ right now if you could grab the cage!

Stalling should be penalized. It already is right now to certain extent but just like what the TSer is talking about with fence grabbing is happening with stalling. It is totally up to the refs discretion, which can vary A LOT.

Back