There is no such thing as Islamic Radicalists, only Muslims.

Also why doesnt the west take any blame of the rise of radicals. You guys created this mess brought down Iraq, Libya, Egypt and doing everything to bring down Syria. Before your government got involved in the business of bringing governments down. We didnt have this mess. I dont remember any ISIS or Al Qaida in the 90s

What does it tell you about these countries that they essentially require a brutal dictatorship to keep sectarian violence in check?

Like... I don't believe the pew polls either, but I have a different interpretation.

For example, if you were an American Muslim... and you believed suicide bombings should occur, would you tell the truth in a poll? Would the idea that it was a plant from the NSA or some shit cross your mind and you'd lie?

I'd imagine the numbers are far greater, but it'd be impossible to prove if my reasoning is correct.

There's a much simpler and more broad study than the Pew Poll. It's called, the national elections.
In Malaysia you have one party that stands on a platform of Sharia law. They don't do so well...
Then you have the statistics for religious violence and terrorism, again the comparison between Indonesia and Malaysia doesn't look so good for Indonesia.
Not to mention the history of Malaysia's most fundamentalist state, Kelantan, and Indonesia's, Aceh.
On the surface, the Pew Poll contradicted these realities.

What does it tell you about these countries that they essentially require a brutal dictatorship to keep sectarian violence in check?
They are a mess offcourse. But thats the reality. When you take out the force thats holding everything together, Whats so amazing is that even after all that America was ready to bring down Assad and make Syria another lawless country and was itching to arm a group they thought were their friends.

They are a mess offcourse. But thats the reality. When you take out the force thats holding everything together, Whats so amazing is that even after all that America was ready to bring down Assad and make Syria another lawless country and was itching to arm a group they thought were their friends.

Well you and I agree on something, the whole region is a mess.

They are a mess offcourse. But thats the reality. When you take out the force thats holding everything together, Whats so amazing is that even after all that Obama was ready to bring down Assad and make Syria another lawless country and was itching to arm a group they thought were their friends.

Fixed

What about the republicans led by McCain....he was the one who was screaming they abandon their friends in Syria and Republicans were angry Obama in the end left Assad alone and calling to bring him down

There's a much simpler and more broad study than the Pew Poll. It's called, the national elections.
In Malaysia you have one party that stands on a platform of Sharia law. They don't do so well...
Then you have the statistics for religious violence and terrorism, again the comparison between Indonesia and Malaysia doesn't look so good for Indonesia.
Not to mention the history of Malaysia's most fundamentalist state, Kelantan, and Indonesia's, Aceh.
On the surface, the Pew Poll contradicted these realities.

Remember that there are different perspectives wrt Sharia. There are Muslims that believe that it is man-made based on God's word. A quick look at Pew shows that only 41% of Muslims in Malaysia think Sharia Law is divine revelation.

Pew polls are not flawless, but I don't think we need to dismiss them entirely. They represent a pretty good estimate of people's views.

There are 3.3 million muslins living in the USA. They must be some pretty fucking lazy radicals.
You're such a good little SJW...yes, you are...who's a good little SJW...

petting-cat.jpg

clearly not all muslims are radical, there's numerous in the NBA for example, and the LITERAL worst thing one has done was refuse to put his hand on his heart for the national anthem (mahmoud abdul roof, formerly Chris Jackson) years ago....

ask anyone that's deployed to Iraq/Afghan, and they'll likely tell you the average citizen there was just a normal, granted semi backwards ass person. most were nice, loved to ask for cigarettes and about WWE for some reason, offered Chai, how America is (if they could really speak English decently). You can't help where you're born, or what religion you're raised in. But in any thing, even say a voluntary cult, not everybody is ALL IN so to speak. many could be there simply b/c they have no where else to go

that being said, the extremist side (which does seem to be much higher than say the Extremist Christian population) is outta control right now and needs to seriously be addressed. Furthermore, even if you're not extremist and you come to the West (europe, North America) they need to step their culture game up and at least attempt to assimilate. If you can't follow simple rules like 'don't grab women sexually you cretin' than your ass has to go. You don't get a pass for ignorance of our laws and culture, we don't abuse women here.

clearly not all muslims are radical, there's numerous in the NBA for example, and the LITERAL worst thing one has done was refuse to put his hand on his heart for the national anthem (mahmoud abdul roof, formerly Chris Jackson) years ago....

ask anyone that's deployed to Iraq/Afghan, and they'll likely tell you the average citizen there was just a normal, granted semi backwards ass person. most were nice, loved to ask for cigarettes and about WWE for some reason, offered Chai, how America is (if they could really speak English decently). You can't help where you're born, or what religion you're raised in. But in any thing, even say a voluntary cult, not everybody is ALL IN so to speak. many could be there simply b/c they have no where else to go

that being said, the extremist side (which does seem to be much higher than say the Extremist Christian population) is outta control right now and needs to seriously be addressed. Furthermore, even if you're not extremist and you come to the West (europe, North America) they need to step their culture game up and at least attempt to assimilate. If you can't follow simple rules like 'don't grab women sexually you cretin' than your ass has to go. You don't get a pass for ignorance of our laws and culture, we don't abuse women here.
Good post.

i think what it also comes down to is organization, these homies can be pretty organized for such an unsavvy populace. Like imagine if all the hard right gun people aligned like say Isis......or all the ultra extremist christians formed a massive jim jones/waco like cult......they could be a serious force. problem is, white people don't group like that in general

well that and the not fearing death thing is pretty huge. anyone can wreck shop, if they're crazy enough to not care what happens to them (or believe in some crazy reward in the afterlife for despicable acts). like any of us right now could crash our car through a hater's front house, and take out a family....but we don't.

Give me recommended readings. Be more specific in what I should research.

Read the history of Salafism and Islam in Saudi Arabia, of Qutb and Maududi (you can find their books online, such as Qutb's Milestones), of Arab Nationalism, it's relationship to Islamism, and the development of globalised Islam (Olivier Roy writes good articles for Foreign Policy and has a few titles). Then you'll need to recognise the distinctions between these groups and others. Look up the Madhabs (and the Salafist rejection of them), the Shia, the Sufi, the Barelvi etc.
That should give you a more accurate picture of Islam, muslims and the threat of Islamist violence.

Remember that there are different perspectives wrt Sharia. There are Muslims that believe that it is man-made based on God's word. A quick look at Pew shows that only 41% of Muslims in Malaysia think Sharia Law is divine revelation.

Pew polls are not flawless, but I don't think we need to dismiss them entirely. They represent a pretty good estimate of people's views.

Of course the question didn't actually specify sharia with "hudud" punishments (not sure if it even distinguished between Islamic sharia and Malaysia's current token "syariah" legislation), but those percentage differences between Malaysia and Indonesia were also echoed in the polls on apostasy, the legitimacy of suicide bombings etc. The extreme nature and percentage of the responses simply didn't match the reality of actions of the populations described. Not even in terms of anonymous voting (in either country).
The distinctions between several other countries looked extremely dubious to me as well, but Malaysia and Indonesia are the only ones I'm familiar enough with to call 100% guaranteed bullshit on the implications of the percentages versus the reality.

i think what it also comes down to is organization, these homies can be pretty organized for such an unsavvy populace. Like imagine if all the hard right gun people aligned like say Isis......or all the ultra extremist christians formed a massive jim jones/waco like cult......they could be a serious force. problem is, white people don't group like that in general

well that and the not fearing death thing is pretty huge. anyone can wreck shop, if they're crazy enough to not care what happens to them (or believe in some crazy reward in the afterlife for despicable acts). like any of us right now could crash our car through a hater's front house, and take out a family....but we don't.
These muslims (not all) believe if they murder a bunch of people (infidels) that they're going to heaven. The guy in Nice murdered like 85 men women and children.

Islam is a counterfeit ideology based on the "people of the book". Muhammad literally created a "religion" with the intent of building an army, and amassing political power, and just about every Hadith published since his death is even more tribal, and violent. I agree with you completely. Islam is not a moderate ethos in anyway. Muslim literally means one who submits. All it is, and all it has ever been is a Fascist Totalitarian form of government.

Back