Therapy

Yeah stop quoting me. Pretty sure I can tell who is overcompensating to hide something, btw. Just a guess.
^
^
This post doesn’t even make sense lol.

You’re a 40+ Year old guy with many kids with all these different women and you’d marry a 16 year old. Your judgement is not there.

You make countless references how you hate women. Many other posters notice it too.

Trust me you need a therapist.

Im considering therapy for generalised issues, such as negative thinking, not being able to finish what i start, and not progressing through life as i want

I thought online therapy would be best for me as the price would be far cheaper and a video call instead of an office call would likely be better

I have found the prices to be quite high though so i am having second thoughts about it. Betterhelp for example runs on a subscription service, you get a single session per week and apparently you can message a therapist too if you require all for what works out as $261 billed monthly. So not cheap

This of course puts me off

Anybody here had therapy, whether in person or online? If so how was your experience?
Take a look at this word Ts.

Therapist.

now break it down.

The-rapist

you sure you wanna go there?

Yes this is exactly why you need mental help.

You have fucking daughters but would also marry a 16 year old. Lmao. Go away please.
Remember that time he said all women, including his daughters think about sucking dick all day?

Werent you some alpha guy who has ladies for every finger and more money than a russian oligarch

Given the importance of mental/emotional health I'd say if you're thinking about it, you should give it a shot. Check your insurance first. It likely covers something.

Yes, I've been to psychologists and know many who have. (Nature of the job) It's like going to any other doctor. One can go for the simplest of reasons. Just take it all with a grain of salt, and if you don't jive, try a different one (maybe even in the same office). And maybe decide up front if you want a dude or a chick, a straight shooter or someone gentle, so you don't waste your time. Also, if you're religious, consider that as well. There are psychologists of every faith and persuasion.

Best of luck.

lewis-smiling-brown-frowning.jpg

1035x1616-jerryleelewis-1800-1393444678.jpg

There's a guy on YT named Alok Kanojia. He deals with gamers (And others) that suffer from different things like depression, anxiety, etc... He's a fucking genius imo.

Im considering therapy for generalised issues, such as negative thinking, not being able to finish what i start, and not progressing through life as i want

I have found the prices to be quite high though so i am having second thoughts about it. Betterhelp for example runs on a subscription service, you get a single session per week and apparently you can message a therapist too if you require all for what works out as $261 billed monthly. So not cheap.
There are a lot of really good self-help books available that can also help you. They will give you the same advice a therapist gives for much less money.
51elspxxvZL.jpg
41nYEMfvoEL._SX352_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The only therapy I'd gladly pay for.

gallery-1448381084-xx-55018171-5760x3840-5760x3840.jpeg

Had one counselling session after my Mum died, Its pretty good to talk to someone independent with no vested interest in you (other than keeping you as a client to pay them money).

Biggest waste of money you could ever throw down a toilet. Fuckin leaches and used car salesmen all rolled into one.

Do yourself a favor and buy Meditations from Marcus Aurelius. Save thousands and actually help your mental state.

This is actually great advice ..
@Davem10
If you look up Micheal Sugrue

Heres a good starti g point ..

Anyone else jerk off to Dr. Melfi before. She's like the only one Tony didn't get to fuck, even though she fantasized about him but never went through with it.

I thought online therapy would be best for me as the price would be far cheaper and a video call instead of an office call would likely be better

I have found the prices to be quite high though so i am having second thoughts about it. Betterhelp for example runs on a subscription service, you get a single session per week and apparently you can message a therapist too if you require all for what works out as $261 billed monthly. So not cheap

This of course puts me off

Anybody here had therapy, whether in person or online? If so how was your experience?

I would give it a shot.

Behavioural interventions are pretty well supported by the science, and as you see in this thread, among those who have actually tried it you'll find more who say it helped them out to some degree than not, and you can add me to that list as well.

That said, as with all professions, some therapists are better than others. You'll want to dig around for info and put your ear out for recommendations.

If money is an obstacle, as a starting point you might want to think about whether or not there's someone in your life already who would be good to confide in.

Opening up about mental stuff is tough, but you'd be surprised how useful it is to simply verbalise you thoughts. It helps you organise it into something coherent instead of it all just bouncing around in your head all day.

Good luck.

Had one counselling session after my Mum died, Its pretty good to talk to someone independent with no vested interest in you (other than keeping you as a client to pay them money).

I had 4 or 5 after I killed someone at work about 15 years ago. I found it useful for me but it's not for everyone. Did help I don't pay for it though. Mind you I also did it as it was 1 way to get a pay out from the Government ...

Choose 2-3. Ask to meet them before your session. Listen to how they operate and go with your gut. It can take multiple therapists to get the one you need.

I am serious. Go to youtube and search: Jordan B Peterson
He is the man
He's going to tell him to go make his bed and avoid the pitfalls of chaos dragons.

The guy is a relavent academic in the world of personality theory but beyond that he's a hack

One of the drawbacks to talk therapy is while it works for a lot of people, a lot of therapists suck - and there's no really good way to suss out the bad from the good through resume.

I've heard these on-line services are often legit, and the benefit is you can try many therapists - just remember that if it doesn't feel right then it doesn't feel right and move on to another one

You're a stain; stop following me around.

You're jealous/upset I have kids and the issue is obviously yours. 99% of the male population would be willing to bang a legal 17-18 year old if they were fully developed and you were both down, and there was no work/superior type relationship that made it wrong. You want to pretend I have a problem for admitting that? I'm in good shape. It's not a big deal, and I'm not a creep so I wouldn't even seek anything like that out. The fact that it could happen under the right circumstances doesn't mean I would do one of my daughters friends, or a young girl I had a superior type relationship over, or anything weird at all. I'm attracted to attractive, sexually mature women. Those happen from about 16-60 years old. Quit being a dishonest stain. What are you saying, you wouldn't have sex with an 18 year old because it's not nice, or you're gay, or what?

Seriously dude, you come off as stupid and dishonest. I get the feeling you don't like the notion of a white guy who figured out the make babies thing.. And you are actually taking out some of the things you need therapy about here, with me. I'm honest and don't act like a child, so a lot of silly leftist posters seek my attention for their issues with me because I "feel safe." I say totally normal and true things and they act surprised, then ignore the 80% of the people that say the same thing or agree. Weak.

This is such a strange quote. Of course anyone would be "willing to bang" if they "were both down". Or are you really trying to say 99% of the male population would be willing to have sex with a legal 17-18 year old if the 17-18 year old offered and she was attractive? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that your estimate is WAY off.