1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Therapy

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Davem10, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Davem10 Banned Banned

Im considering therapy for generalised issues, such as negative thinking, not being able to finish what i start, and not progressing through life as i want

I thought online therapy would be best for me as the price would be far cheaper and a video call instead of an office call would likely be better

I have found the prices to be quite high though so i am having second thoughts about it. Betterhelp for example runs on a subscription service, you get a single session per week and apparently you can message a therapist too if you require all for what works out as $261 billed monthly. So not cheap

This of course puts me off

Anybody here had therapy, whether in person or online? If so how was your experience?

2. Graves The Elder Banned Banned

online therapy?
    never heard of it.
    good luck

3. GSP_37 Titanium Belt

The good ones are probably more expensive, but shitty ones probably also can be expensive.

4. Merlotte's Gold Belt

Hope all works out

5. Shinigami Blue Belt

I am serious. Go to youtube and search: Jordan B Peterson
    He is the man

6. Amerikuracana Plutonium Belt

I think going to church has a similar effect, to be honest. I need to go to church. Don't think a therapist would work for me.

7. supnmunm Black Belt

Why pay for therapy when you have sherdog? We do that shit for free.

8. Chest Rockwell Brown Belt

Biggest waste of money you could ever throw down a toilet. Fuckin leaches and used car salesmen all rolled into one.

Do yourself a favor and buy Meditations from Marcus Aurelius. Save thousands and actually help your mental state.

9. FadeLess Silver Belt

ive heard the private sector, besides being expensive, its exploitation, tho its wrong to generalize.
    maybe seek a therapy group related to your case, its likely to be cheap and probably more rewarding.
    Try to be positive, good luck.

10. Satanical Eve Cro Cop's Left Leg Platinum Member

As someone who suffers from Major Depression and saw a Psychologist for 5 years I can tell you from personal experience it really helped me be able to deal with all my issues from my past since there was/is a lot of dark things that went on my life plus some pretty downright disturbing thoughts that ran through my head. The good thing is my insurance covered the majority of my visits and I only had to pay a small amount.

Also I'm here if you ever need someone to talk to. I hope whatever you are dealing with you are able to overcome it or at least manage and deal with it without it affecting you emotionally and mentally.

11. JOE QUEEF Red Belt Platinum Member

[​IMG]

12. zapataxiv Silver Belt

I’ve done it in person. I did it for 4 years consistently starting when I was 19... and it changed my life. But it’s kind of like rehab as in you need to hit a rock bottom or something that will motivate you to really work towards a change and not slip back. Second you need to trust your psychiatrist and have faith in there advice so you follow it and not always question it.

Now I’m not saying you should never question your psych or therapist. Shop around and find someday you have a report with.

13. KONG-D'SNT-TAP Banned Banned

You need a therapist in the worst way mate, not a priest

14. Amerikuracana Plutonium Belt

You're a stain; stop following me around.

You're jealous/upset I have kids and the issue is obviously yours. 99% of the male population would be willing to bang a legal 17-18 year old if they were fully developed and you were both down, and there was no work/superior type relationship that made it wrong. You want to pretend I have a problem for admitting that? I'm in good shape. It's not a big deal, and I'm not a creep so I wouldn't even seek anything like that out. The fact that it could happen under the right circumstances doesn't mean I would do one of my daughters friends, or a young girl I had a superior type relationship over, or anything weird at all. I'm attracted to attractive, sexually mature women. Those happen from about 16-60 years old. Quit being a dishonest stain. What are you saying, you wouldn't have sex with an 18 year old because it's not nice, or you're gay, or what?

Seriously dude, you come off as stupid and dishonest. I get the feeling you don't like the notion of a white guy who figured out the make babies thing.. And you are actually taking out some of the things you need therapy about here, with me. I'm honest and don't act like a child, so a lot of silly leftist posters seek my attention for their issues with me because I "feel safe." I say totally normal and true things and they act surprised, then ignore the 80% of the people that say the same thing or agree. Weak.

15. ToxicShocker Banned Banned

Lol no, you have serious problems. You have the confidence of a much wiser person.

16. KONG-D'SNT-TAP Banned Banned

I saw you’re post then quoted it. No ones following you.

You need a therapist because you have terrible issues. You openly said you’d be willing to have sex with 16 year olds. Lets not forget to mention you’re a father to daughters. Lol.

17. Amerikuracana Plutonium Belt

Like what? What are my serious problems? Actually, think of something I've said that you think isn't true..

Your brain is likely devoid of wisdom so you don't know what it looks like sweetheart. The confidence comes from intellectual honesty.

18. Amerikuracana Plutonium Belt

I would marry one if she was fully sexually mature, it were legal(which it is here), and I felt like she was a good human being that I was attracted to, and her and her to me. That makes me a completely normal human male. Welcome to planet Earth?

19. KONG-D'SNT-TAP Banned Banned

Yes this is exactly why you need mental help.

You have fucking daughters but would also marry a 16 year old. Lmao. Go away please.

20. IloveTHIS Literal God

$300 a month is a waste of money.

watch/listen to one of these 3 people, every single day, for the first 2-3 hours of your morning routine. if they cant speak to you and fix your mental faults, a therapist wont be able to either.

Jordan Peterson
    David Goggins
    Jocko

are you employed? many employers health insurance will cover stuff like this, often at least 2-3 sessions a year I think

21. Amerikuracana Plutonium Belt

Yeah stop quoting me. Pretty sure I can tell who is overcompensating to hide something, btw. Just a guess.