The WORLD WIDE WEIRD Thread

This doesn't really qualify as weird, but it's funny and famous in some circles. Is it an epic troll job? Does the guy genuinely believe what's he's posting? You be the judge...
http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

I'm about half way through that read. Talk about hilarious, or sad. It appears as if its a troll but as I read it I get the distinct feeling this guy Gecko45 is legit crazy. One of my favorite posts so far.

quote: Originally posted by SteyrAUG:
Last time I checked class G (armed) security guards were restricted to .38 cal revolvers as duty weapons. NO state would authorize the use of a semi automatic carbine or rifle made by anyone. I would think that Todd would know this given his expertise in low paying occupations.

Gecko45 writes:
We were previuosly restricted to .38

Once he gets a friend (SPECOPS) things REALLY take off.
Where is a link to that story about the murders at camp?

I'm about half way through that read. Talk about hilarious, or sad. It appears as if its a troll but as I read it I get the distinct feeling this guy Gecko45 is legit crazy. One of my favorite posts so far.

We were previuosly restricted to .38’s and two Mossberg 500’s with less leathel rounds in them, but when our team saved the life and possibly the virginity of the Mayor’s nephew, there was a special relaxation of the rules made for us, due to the factt that the nepheew(who will remain nameless to rpevent a scandal) was saved by us using weapons better than our issue setup, so now we have good funding for gear for our jobs, and we needed to find relaible SMG’s, but the HK’s just wouldn’t cut it.

I WAS that nephew. And let me confirm - I did lose my virginity

Once he gets a friend (SPECOPS) things REALLY take off.
Where is a link to that story about the murders at camp?

Holy shit lol, I take it Specops and Gecko45 may be the same guy? Some of those posts are legendary. They want to save my ass-virginity. The posts about the GAP and Orange Julius are pure gold.

girl scout murder link is in OP, one of the first few at the top.

This thread is weird. But seriously, thanks for links and such Muster.

This thread is weird. But seriously, thanks for links and such Muster.

Yea I haven't been able to drum up much interest so I'll have to let it die at some point. Here is another link for you though. Its called Incredibox and it allows you to make your own mix. I clicked on the 2014 version and got stuck in this one a little longer than I like to admit. Its easy to use and at the least amusing for a few minutes.

http://www.incredibox.com/

Yea I haven't been able to drum up much interest so I'll have to let it die at some point. Here is another link for you though. Its called Incredibox and it allows you to make your own mix. I clicked on the 2014 version and got stuck in this one a little longer than I like to admit. Its easy to use and at the least amusing for a few minutes.

http://www.incredibox.com/

Thats not weird, that's awesome! I'm a mediocre beat boxer myself lol so I'll have fun with this site.

Thats not weird, that's awesome! I'm a mediocre beat boxer myself lol so I'll have fun with this site.

Yea I actually bookmarked that one. It also lists the top 50 mixes that you can listen to that people have made and lets you record and share. There are 4 different versions of the program and its easy to use.

I WAS that nephew. And let me confirm - I did lose my virginity

Thank goodness they stopped to pick up that road kill, aka dinner, on the way to rescue you or else you might still be a virgin. :icon_lol:

great thread, thanks to all who contributed some real good links in here!!

The strange case of internet legend known as Roko's Basilisk

The Most Terrifying Thought Experiment of All Time
Why are techno-futurists so freaked out by Roko

Great thread.

I got sucked into NeaveTV. It's just so random and weird. The video looped back to the beginning after 30 mins or so. I wonder if it is some new stuff everyday.

Geoguess is pretty fun too.

Great thread.

I got sucked into NeaveTV. It's just so random and weird. The video looped back to the beginning after 30 mins or so. I wonder if it is some new stuff everyday.

Geoguess is pretty fun too.

I don't know if Neave gets updated or not. I just came across it and thought it was strange. It can suck you in though.

Below is a pic of the oldest wooden idol/structure in existence. It is called the Shigir Idol.

320px-%D0%91%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8C%D1%88%D0%BE%D0%B9_%D1%88%D0%B8%D0%B3%D0%B8%D1%80%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B9_%D0%B8%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BB.jpg

It has been dated to around 11,000 years old, or 9000B.C. It is thousands of years older than the pyramids. The weird part, it is encrypted with information that nobody can read.

Even more mysteriously, it is covered in what experts describe as

This is one of the craziest things I've come across. It is called the Kowloon Walled City. 33,000 people lived in a modern day labyrinth that was destroyed 2 decades ago. It looks like Barter Town from Mad Max, or something straight out of Bladerunner. Just hit begin exploring then click on the clickable squares for some stories but also at the bottom of the page click the other tabs like explore.

I don't know if this is the most horrible or most awesome place I've ever seen. It is remarkable to say the least.

http://projects.wsj.com/kwc/#chapter=intro

The Singularity Hub. A website devoted to the virtual reality, computer, and tech stories of the day. If you want to read about robots, artificial intelligence, space, 3D printing, gadgets, the future of virtual reality, nanotech, energy, and much more associated with what some believe is the coming computer singularity, then try Singularity Hub.

http://singularityhub.com/

[YT]SyItdXnYvFQ[/YT]

Years ago,I had a buddy who drove a Yugo and we used to pick it up and move it around to fuck with the guy. One time we moved it between the wall of a local convenience store and the dumpster beside the store so it was pretty much impossible to get it out.

We wrapped it in shrink wrap one time too.

Back