The WORLD WIDE WEIRD Thread

If you ever wanted to know what light looks like in slow motion then take a look at this. A camera at MIT that can capture light in motion and see around corners.

What made this noteworthy? I read a bit of it and it pretty much just sounds like some guy saying "I'm a time traveler. No, Really!"

I don't have the desire to go back and read through the exact events but at the time it was happening, he seemed to bring way more in the way of correct predictions and actual time travel science than most fake time travelers did.

What I think helped was the fact that a handful of the top posters on that original forum bought into it. It just spawned after that and took on a life of it's own. Looking back it seems ridiculous but at the time it was pretty interesting.

I watched the experience machine video and I'll be honest it was dumb. "People don't like change." Everyone already knew that. I did choose to leave the machine in the second scenario though.

I watched the experience machine video and I'll be honest it was dumb. "People don't like change." Everyone already knew that. I did choose to leave the machine in the second scenario though.

You chose to leave the machine in the reverse experience scenario? I don't think I could. I have a wife and kids, and a good life. How can you just leave? The only way I could is if my life was so bad that I just didn't care.

What made this noteworthy? I read a bit of it and it pretty much just sounds like some guy saying "I'm a time traveler. No, Really!"

Iirc he had some correct knowledge that only a handful of people in the world could've known, about some obscure 1980's computer and a glitch that it had. Or something like that.

Looking back, that part was probably bullshit. But I remember people were saying the fact that he knew that was pretty crazy. That was a big deal about his claims.

This is the Geoguessr. Its basically going to give you 5 pictures and you guess the location, the closer you get, the higher your score.

https://geoguessr.com/

Lets also not forget a great site where you can watch tons of free docs.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/

From that site I recommend an odd one that many may not have seen called Cropsey.

Realizing the urban legend of their youth has actually come true; two filmmakers delve into the mystery surrounding five missing children and the real-life boogeyman linked to their disappearances.

Cropsey is an investigative-crime horror-documentary film, written and directed by Joshua Zeman and Barbara Brancaccio.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/cropsey/

I wonder how he painted these without going blind.

Alex Garant's 'Queen Of Double Eyes' Will Break Your Brain
Here's looking looking looking at you you you, kid
Headshot of Andres Jauregui
Andres Jauregui
Editor, The Huffington Post

Posted: 08/17/2015 12:56 PM EDT

They say the eyes are the window to the soul. These eyes are like a gateway to another dimension.

Canadian artist Alex Garant uses patterns, duplication of elements, symmetry and image superposition as key elements of her imagery. In her latest series of work, "Queen of Double Eyes," she makes it purposefully difficult to home in on the face of each central figure.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...-eyes-is-mesmerizing_55d202b6e4b07addcb43723d

55d1f41b1d00002f00144ee7.jpeg

55d1f41a1d00002f00144ee3.jpeg

From that site I recommend an odd one that many may not have seen called Cropsey.

Realizing the urban legend of their youth has actually come true; two filmmakers delve into the mystery surrounding five missing children and the real-life boogeyman linked to their disappearances.

Cropsey is an investigative-crime horror-documentary film, written and directed by Joshua Zeman and Barbara Brancaccio.

Cropsey is a quality doc. Interesting of them to blend the urban legend with real life events.

Holy shit the John Titor was interesting as hell. At first I was reading it as it could be a true but the more I read I knew it was bull crap but i still kept reading as it's a good read fiction wise. Man only if we could find the dude who did that shit. Crazy he's never come out and said "it was me, I trolled you all muahaha"

Great thread. That satanic website is weird. I could see myself obsessing over it, so we'll leave it alone.

Cropsey is a quality doc. Interesting of them to blend the urban legend with real life events.

Yea Cropsey is a perfect blend of real murder, horror, and urban legend all rolled into one. I didn't think I was going to watch the entire thing, I was wrong. That site has a ton of other great docs to watch for free. I've had that one bookmarked for years.

The Atlas Obscura. It has places around the world that are just strange. Like this place called Just Room Enough Island which is one house. I hope the water level doesn't rise.

http://www.atlasobscura.com/

image.jpg

Just about to settle deeply into the 1977 Girl Scouts website, I love indepth stories like this, will report back later.

that unexplained-mysteries site sucks. If your into cryptozoology, UFOs, ghosts or whatever, find a site that deals solely with that subject in-depth - UN-MYSTERIES site just touches on subjects, offers the odd picture and that's it. Kinda like reading a 'top 10 mysteries' article in a tabloid magazine.

Just about to settle deeply into the 1977 Girl Scouts website, I love indepth stories like this, will report back later.

that unexplained-mysteries site sucks. If your into cryptozoology, UFOs, ghosts or whatever, find a site that deals solely with that subject in-depth - UN-MYSTERIES site just touches on subjects, offers the odd picture and that's it. Kinda like reading a 'top 10 mysteries' article in a tabloid magazine.

The girl scout shit is crazy, start with the timeline button on the left. There is also a paranormal aspect to that one involving curses and other things. Its a good, horrible, mystery.

Awesome, thanks for that dude, Ill immerse myself in this website for many months!

Seen Cropsey, didn't think it was anything special though, not bad but not amazing.

The girl scout shit is crazy, start with the timeline button on the left. There is also a paranormal aspect to that one involving curses and other things. Its a good, horrible, mystery.

It was wicked man, a really good read. Read the entire thing from start to finish, clicked on the links etc.

Sadly, I'm not big on the paranormal/curse aspect (again, not slating you here, I just look at it in a different way).

It just seemed like a 'general' (if you could ever call something like this, something so blunt) rape-murder committed by a sex-criminal. A very warped one with an accomplice. Hart seems the prime contender for being the culprit, background considered. The smaller shoe-prints.......size 7 for an American man? Most women seem to be around that, American size. Average foot-size for an American woman, or just under, I might be wrong? So the accomplice was either a woman or a teenager/older child....Im going for a woman, considering Hart seemed to have no ties to children nor a history of being around kids, IIRC?

What struck me the most, was how basic the original criminal profile was. The dude who submitted in 1977 was clearly on-point but someone like me, with no credentials, could've given a similar profile in our days. Profiling has come along so well, with so much more intricate details, it's awesome. This was basic profiling, and the dude was hitting that at the very beginning so it's understandable. Nowadays, I bet the details on the prospective perpertrator would have sooooo much more detail.

Still, an awesome read! Sickening crime, and it sucks there wasn't a proper conclusion.

It was wicked man, a really good read. Read the entire thing from start to finish, clicked on the links etc.

Sadly, I'm not big on the paranormal/curse aspect (again, not slating you here, I just look at it in a different way).

It just seemed like a 'general' (if you could ever call something like this, something so blunt) rape-murder committed by a sex-criminal. A very warped one with an accomplice. Hart seems the prime contender for being the culprit, background considered. The smaller shoe-prints.......size 7 for an American man? Most women seem to be around that, American size. Average foot-size for an American woman, or just under, I might be wrong? So the accomplice was either a woman or a teenager/older child....Im going for a woman, considering Hart seemed to have no ties to children nor a history of being around kids, IIRC?

What struck me the most, was how basic the original criminal profile was. The dude who submitted in 1977 was clearly on-point but someone like me, with no credentials, could've given a similar profile in our days. Profiling has come along so well, with so much more intricate details, it's awesome. This was basic profiling, and the dude was hitting that at the very beginning so it's understandable. Nowadays, I bet the details on the prospective perpertrator would have sooooo much more detail.

Still, an awesome read! Sickening crime, and it sucks there wasn't a proper conclusion.

Yea, I don't know when FBI profiling became big but it probably wasn't great in 1977.

I think the murders were on the first day the camp opened. After that they closed it down never to open again. Talk about bad luck. I guess that shit was so horrible they just couldn't leave it open. Here is one of the pics taken at run down camp now.

4b973a4057c9093bd65e14673803b402

Strange thing is, the murder took place right by the staff house.

Camp-Scott-Map-2.jpg

Back