The War Room Bet Thread V3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been hilarious, but it's also just a teensy bit sad to see all of this marking out for a heel.

"Pussing in" is one of the best things I've heard all year though @JDragon

Fixed that for you.

No, like you recently said that you give Booker a 0% chance. You've expressed the view that only a couple of candidates have any chance at all to win. If you focus only on the most likely winners, you're probably not going to be surprised, but you're underestimating the chance of it. That's a common thinking error, BTW, so don't be offended. Try to watch it and improve.

No, like you recently said that you give Booker a 0% chance. You've expressed the view that only a couple of candidates have any chance at all to win. If you focus only on the most likely winners, you're probably not going to be surprised, but you're underestimating the chance of it. That's a common thinking error, BTW, so don't be offended. Try to watch it and improve.
Booker has a 0% chance.

I have not expressed the view that only a couple of candidates have any chance to win at all. That's just made-up nonsense. Extremely sloppy on your part. Improve.

Booker has a 0% chance.

I have not expressed the view that only a couple of candidates have any chance to win at all. That's just made-up nonsense. Extremely sloppy on your part. Improve.
Kim Jong Un has a 0% chance. Booker is actively involved in the process. It may be a .00001% chance, but there is still a chance

Booker has a 0% chance.

Check out the exchange that this is part of:

I don't think the rest of the field has a decent shot, and I agree those are the top players.

What is your cap of Sanders's chances? .20? Seems like bettable territory for you.

Remember how you were so certain that Sanders would win the nomination (another finalized prediction that looks wrong, BTW)? And that was because you didn't give sufficient weight to the other candidates' chances.

@Yorkist, I was going to deny this one cause the account is a month old but it has recently gone over 1k in posts. A one month bet will be all we can accept at this point which is luckily what you proposed here.

@Yorkist v. @Serenity Now
1. Trump will win the 2020 Presidential Election
2. Yorkist- for, Serenity Now- against
3. 11/04/2020 (tentative)
4. Avatar bet
5. 1 month

@Yorkist and @Serenity Now
I need you both to quote this post and give an okay or possible revisions needed before confirming. The bet isn’t official in here until I have this.

Seems ok to me :)..thanks for not denying.

His current account may he one month old, but we all know he's been here for years. I accept.
giphy.gif

It's official

Remember how you were so certain that Sanders would win the nomination (another finalized prediction that looks wrong, BTW)? And that was because you didn't give sufficient weight to the other candidates' chances.

This is a mischaracterization, as usual. What's the point in discussing these matters if you can't be honest?

This is a mischaracterization, as usual. What's the point in discussing these matters if you can't be honest?

??? I have no idea what you even think is a mischaracterization, much less a deliberate one.

??? I have no idea what you even think is a mischaracterization, much less a deliberate one.
In which post did I indicate certainty that Sanders will be the nominee? It doesn't exist. You made that up.

I have ~$2400 on Sanders and $1818 on Buttigieg to win the nomination. I am a professional investor. Do you really think I could succeed if I assumed far-off outcomes were sure things? You're not making sense.

I wrote that I don't think the rest of the field has a "decent shot". What does that mean to you? Yes, I think the market is undervaluing Sanders and Buttigieg, but that doesn't mean I don't acknowledge the possibility of other outcomes.

In which post did I indicate certainty that Sanders will be the nominee? It doesn't exist. You made that up.

@Jack V Savage v. @waiguoren
1. Bernard Sanders will win the Democratic nomination for the 2020 election.
2. Jack V- against, waiguoren for
3. At the time of the 2020 DNC
4. AV bet
5. 3 months
6. Bet is a push if Sanders withdraws from the race for medical reasons or dies.

You were campaigning to get me to bet on that. What do you think the point of making bets here is if not to test predictions?

You were campaigning to get me to bet on that. What do you think the point of making bets here is if not to test predictions?
The purpose was to test you. I put a lot of feelers out there, as have you. Why do you think I didn't take that same bet with @Fawlty ? I got +410 on Sanders (it's even better now) and a Biden vs. Sanders bet.

@JamesRussler

You got the balls to put your AV where your keyboard is? I say Harris will not be the nominee.

1. Kamala Harris will be the 2020 Democratic nominee for president.
2. @JamesRussler - for @waiguoren - against
3. At the time of the 2020 Democratic convention
4. AV bet
5. Three months

(BTW, hoping to discuss some of the new SCOTUS decisions with you later)

Status
Not open for further replies.