International The wall (waste of money)

You sir are unfamiliar with the eastern Roman empire. Many of us nerds don't call it the Byzantine empire, as it never did refer to itself as such. They considered themselves Romans.
But to differentiate the Roman empire in the west that fell in 476 with the eastern Roman empire, many call them the Rhoman empire. As saying eastern long after the west is gone, is rather silly.

This is exactly why Trump is the best candidate. He proposes dumb shit but his dumb shit is just stuff like walls. $80 billion loss. That's it.

Meanwhile the democrats' dumb shit: ban fracking. That's a few trillion gone. De facto ban stock and commodity trading in the US. Another few trillion gone. 55% of your retirement portfolio's lifetime value wiped out on a financial transaction tax. Gone. Energy independence (and everything that entails on our involvement in the ME), gone overnight. 2 entire industries, gone overnight.

An $80 billion hole is peanuts compared to that shit. That's forced into wars and Great Depression level shit.

China has a wall and they barely have any Mexicans

No where nearly as bad as it could be. Not even close. Making that parallel is laughable.

Roberto Muehlenkamp
, legal adviser and amateur historian
Answered Jun 24, 2017 · Author has 471 answers and 2m answer views

The most violent time in history, measured by the number of people killed by collective violence as a proportion of a) total number of deaths and b) total number of people who lived, was the 1st half of the 20th Century. See this answer for details.

The 119,515,000 deaths caused by war and oppression between 1900 and 1945, according to my calculations based on Matthew White’s list of man-made calamities, make up 4.72 % of the (1,656,000,000 + 3,390,198, 215 – 2,516,000,000 =) 2,530,198,215 people who died between 1900 and 1950, and 2.37 % of the (1,656,000,000 + 3,390,198,215 =) 5,046,198,215 people who lived in that period according to the chart .

This is exactly why Trump is the best candidate. He proposes dumb shit but his dumb shit is just stuff like walls. $80 billion loss. That's it.

Meanwhile the democrats' dumb shit: ban fracking. That's a few trillion gone. De facto ban stock and commodity trading in the US. Another few trillion gone. 55% of your retirement portfolio's lifetime value wiped out on a financial transaction tax. Gone. Energy independence (and everything that entails on our involvement in the ME), gone overnight. 2 entire industries, gone overnight.

An $80 billion hole is peanuts compared to that shit. That's forced into wars and Great Depression level shit.

Democrats said to ban stock trading? When?

Roberto Muehlenkamp
, legal adviser and amateur historian
Answered Jun 24, 2017 · Author has 471 answers and 2m answer views

The most violent time in history, measured by the number of people killed by collective violence as a proportion of a) total number of deaths and b) total number of people who lived, was the 1st half of the 20th Century. See this answer for details.

The 119,515,000 deaths caused by war and oppression between 1900 and 1945, according to my calculations based on Matthew White’s list of man-made calamities, make up 4.72 % of the (1,656,000,000 + 3,390,198, 215 – 2,516,000,000 =) 2,530,198,215 people who died between 1900 and 1950, and 2.37 % of the (1,656,000,000 + 3,390,198,215 =) 5,046,198,215 people who lived in that period according to the chart .
How did we get to that point? Via a century of stability. Which is how humanity got that farm and was able to maintain such a large population. Then nuclear weapons happened and now full blown conflicts are much more rare.

The costs of illegal immigration are comprehensive. Even after deducting the $19 billion in taxes paid by illegal immigrants, the 12.5 million of them living in the country results in a $116 billionburden on the economy and taxpayers each year. About two-thirds of this amount is absorbed by local and state taxpayers, who are often the least unable to share the costs.

One of the major drivers of the increasing costs is the 4.2 million children of migrants, who automatically become American citizens. Taxpayers are indeed on the hook for over $45 billion in state and federal education spending annually, not to mention the added burden of increased social welfare dollars. Much of the almost $30 billion in medical and assistance funding is sparked by the fact that noncitizen families in the United States are twice as likely to receive welfare payments than native born families.

A full half of noncitizens receive Medicaid, compared to 23 percent of native born citizens, while almost half of noncitizens are on food stamps.

Democrats said to ban stock trading? When?
.5% tax on each stock, commodity, or derivative trade. It's the same thing.

It would lower your retirement portfolio by 55% of its value (buy = .5%, sell = .5%, 200% turnover/ year; .98^40 = just 45% your retirement portfolio remaining after 40 years). That doesn't even take into account transaction costs (brokerage commissions, bid/ ask spread) going up ~2000% under that tax, which will wipe out a bit more on top of that.

Trading is electronic. So, trading would simply move to Singapore or Hong Kong and other not-transaction taxed markets overnight. Not actually banned in the US; but effectively banned in the US. Companies would simply get off of the New York Stock Exchange and list their companies onto foreign stock exchanges. People would simply stop trading oil and other commodities on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange and start trading them on foreign commodities exchanges.

Investment funds would also move accordingly.

It's not an actual ban. It's just a make-the-US the worst place in the world to do it, make American investment funds the worst place in the world to have your money, and it's all electronic so it can all be moved overseas overnight for 0 cost de facto ban.

Ultimate Irony: The goal is to collect tax revenue on a financial transaction tax. On top of offshoring huge American industries, it will actually lower tax revenue. The loss in capital gains taxes will be larger than any financial transaction tax revenue collected.

Last edited:
Your mom has aids. That's why I spent the eastern Roman empire as Rhoman. Cuz your mom has aids
273 results for "Rhoman empire". And my mom has breastcancer, not aids, but thanks.

Yes, it’s nothing more than a symbolic political football used to pander to supporters.
In time it will either fall or be torn down

LOl at this whole wall thing

I mean geeze this is like Great Wall of China thinking

Maybe that worked before the invention of like ... everything

Good, then you understand. The Earth is not owned by anybody. No species, insect, mammal owns any part of it, that's my belief that is. How ignorant are people? Claiming a portion of the Earth. I mean, fair is fair, we are all talking monkeys on a floating rock in space. However, you must defend that land you claim. Every mammal on earth lives by this principle.

No they don't.

Where does it say that?

There's 1000's of mammals. You're saying every mammal defends the land they claim? I bet a fuckload run. Even predators often have bigger predators themselves.

If they didn't have a barrier on the surface, they wouldn't have to bother building tunnels underground obviously. There's probably technology that can prevent that as well, so why not do both? Rather than adopting your mentality of submission; to just bend over to let your country get raped?
These tunnels are old way before walls. Yea why not both? Why overspend on a wall when almost all drugs come through tunnels and legal ports.

Oh right poor illegals actually looking for opportunities! Gotta stop them with billions while drugs and cartel members come through other ways, good job trump

These tunnels are old way before walls. Yea why not both? Why overspend on a wall when almost all drugs come through tunnels and legal ports.

Oh right poor illegals actually looking for opportunities! Gotta stop them with billions while drugs and cartel members come through other ways, good job trump

The argument wasn't that a wall would stop illegal crossings 100%. If a wall didn't work, the cartel-funded media wouldn't be complaining so strongly against it. So instead of stopping a good portion of illegal crossings and working from there, your solution is to not do anything about and let them come from the top and bottom, uncontrollably? You're an extremist, not everyone views the world in black and white.

Ever hear the saying "the road to hell is paved with good intentions"? You can have too much of a good thing to a point where it becomes toxic and destructive. It's not about good or bad, it's about stability/balance. This concept is lost to you, because you yourself are dangerously unstable inside; you need to sort out your own emotional issues before projecting them onto matters much bigger and beyond yourself.

why would the biggest consumer of cocaine want to hamper the flow of cocaine unnecessarily? the thousands of illegals pouring over the border with the promise of even more coming if the public opinion is that its getting easier to get across....on the otherhand are a bit of a problem....do you need it explained why it is a problem?

I too cheerlead for illegals immigration.

I too cheerlead for useless wastes of my tax dollars on ineffective vanity projects to placate low info voters and stroke the ego of an old rich dude.

Back