• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Walking Dead Season 9 Discussion = Lowest Mid Season Premiere Rating out of all Seasons.

Ya, I think they wanted to have a bunch of heads on the pikes most of them were characters we didn't know of care about.

2 Highway men - Leader and 2nd in command
1 former Savior - DJ
1 of Negan's former wives (Frankie - redhead) who they brought back 2 episodes ago....so they could kill her off..heh
1 Tammy Rose - Brett Butler who adopted the Whisperer baby....she liked to complain about everything and was a pointless character for the most part
2 worthless, annoying Hilltop teenagers - Addy, Rodney
1 Tara - not a big loss....other than she was Hilltop's leader...Alpha had a beef with her b/c of Lydia
1 Enid - Biggest loss IMO. She was starting to get a good story around her and was also the doctor in training.
1 Henry (aka Carl 2.0) - Was supposed to be the big loss. Terrible actor and story but the point is how it will affect Zeke and Carol and the Kingdom. Carol lost 2 kids in the series now.

Thanks man!

That Henry Actor so bad... Enid is annoying

Enid was the only one left that was decent to look at though! And she was getting better on the show. I thought they might make her more of a leader of Hilltop at some point.

Btw, is Carol just "acting" like the "queen" in a sense? I can't quite tell if her "nice mom" smirky vibe is an act or real. It just seems really really fake to me. It's like when she played the scared older lady when captured by the Saviors.......then the true Carol came out as she straight up murdered the whole group! So either she is a terrible actress or a really good one ;).

Enid was the only one left that was decent to look at though! And she was getting better on the show. I thought they might make her more of a leader of Hilltop at some point.
\

Yeah the show is running out of that "star" power fast.

No Rick,Glenn and Magie,
damn

\

Yeah the show is running out of that "star" power fast.

No Rick,Glenn and Magie,
damn

Michonne is leaving as well. That's why they gave Daryl the big money and any scene with him isn't that intense as we know he isn't going to be killed anytime soon. I think the new crew has the potential to have some star power with Magna and potentially Luke. Both are somewhat established actors.

They need to bring Negan back in a big way. Get ride of his leaning back and his Vegan skinny jeans and let him go to work on the Whisperers. He's their best actor left.

Haven’t watched an episode since Rick left.

Just checking in to say, this past episode officially got the lowest ratings in the series’ entire history.

tenor.gif

Michonne is leaving as well. That's why they gave Daryl the big money and any scene with him isn't that intense as we know he isn't going to be killed anytime soon. I think the new crew has the potential to have some star power with Magna and potentially Luke. Both are somewhat established actors.

They need to bring Negan back in a big way. Get ride of his leaning back and his Vegan skinny jeans and let him go to work on the Whisperers. He's their best actor left.

And get Salazar and Morgan back!

Have Salazar cross over to TWD!

Just checking in to say, this past episode officially got the lowest ratings in the series’ entire history.

tenor.gif

It wasn't a bad episode. As I've said in this thread, this season is better than the Saviors arc/2nd season of Saviors. It's still easily the highest rated cable show for AMC and is more than double the ratings of any other cable show on Sunday evening. So it's doing well, just not pulling in the numbers it used to pull.

However even a homer like me can see it's gone way down hill. The show has just done an awful job at introducing and building new characters we care about. And 1/2 the new character they do introduce and terrible actors or terrible story lines. Nobody really cared that that 10 heads on teh pike got killed. Ya, Enid was starting to be really cute and sexy but other than that....meh. No big losses. They've gotten to where they can't have any huge losses like Tyrese, Dale, Beth, Rich, Carl, etc. There is nobody left to fill they void so Carol and Daryl are unkillable at this point. Probably Jerry is the only character people would be upset about ;)

I'll continue to watch this show until the end but I no longer rush to see it like I used to.

Since I only watch highlights or hear about what is happening from you guys, can anyone explain to me why everyone in the season finale trailer is closing up shop and leaving the relative safety of their gated and walled communities to walk thru a blizzard to get somewhere?

Since I only watch highlights or hear about what is happening from you guys, can anyone explain to me why everyone in the season finale trailer is closing up shop and leaving the relative safety of their gated and walled communities to walk thru a blizzard to get somewhere?

I hadn't seen that part. My guess is we will have a small time jump (a few months) that takes us from the end of the last episode (the fair finally happened, lots of "big" deaths for the communities, Alpha showing off her power and visciousness, etc.) to this new episode. They'll probably imply that the characters had a few months to grieve over the people they lost and decide whether to retaliate or just avoid the Whisperers......clearly they are going to retaliate.

The show sucks. I will continue saying it sucks until everyone understands that it sucks, and agrees that it sucks.

Awful garbage. Awful plot lines. Awful script. They talk about nonsense.

The show sucks. I will continue saying it sucks until everyone understands that it sucks, and agrees that it sucks.

Awful garbage. Awful plot lines. Awful script. They talk about nonsense.

These type of posts make no sense to me. If it sucks so bad are you still watching it? And if you aren't watching it how do you know it currently sucks?

These type of posts make no sense to me. If it sucks so bad are you still watching it? And if you aren't watching it how do you know it currently sucks?

It’s a sad story. I’ve put so much time into this series that I’m riding this train wreck into its fiery end.

I now put the show in on the background while I do other things. And many times I don’t even finish the episode within a day.

The show just became garbage. It lost its edge. Horrendous writing.

I haven't watched an episode since Rick left, and it was all I could do to watch the earlier episodes this season. My wife put it on this week. To be fair the episode was well under way and we only kept it on for 10-15 minutes, but it looks as if the ridiculous melodrama is back. The writing is terrible and the pacing is worse. It feels like they've stretched a 20 minute show into an hour with filler and commercials. I shouldn't give a shit but this was a Top 5 TV series for me (maybe Top 3) and I hate it now.

tenor.gif

4.15? Holy shit.... I bet the +7 DVR will be the lowest ever viewed as well.

Last week's episode had a total viewership of 6.91 (total views = Live and +7 DVR) which was the lowest ever for the series I believe (even lower than Season 1).

the worst part about Season 9 is that all important 18-49 bracket has dropped from 2.5 for Episode 1 down to 1.5 for Episode 15 for Live views and from 4.0 down to 2.6 for +7 DVR.

It’s a sad story. I’ve put so much time into this series that I’m riding this train wreck into its fiery end.

I now put the show in on the background while I do other things. And many times I don’t even finish the episode within a day.

The show just became garbage. It lost its edge. Horrendous writing.

Gotcha. Ya, I've invested my time into the entire series as well and am going to watch it until the end. I'm not quite as down on it as others but I'm not glued to it like the first few seasons.

They really let the series go and it could have been so amazing. I have to just ignore the stupidness and horrible acting most of the time and try to enjoy the 15 minutes of good stuff per episode. I gave up pointing out plot holes or annoying stuff and am just trying to watch it for what it is.

This show started sucking after the first couple seasons. They fired Frank Darabont because he wouldn't suck corporate knob. You might ask, how can a show like breaking bad or better call saul be so good and the walking dead be so not? They're both on the same channel, but Sony owns the Breaking Bad Universe. They can cuck the shit out of AMC, and AMC is lucky to even be allowed to distribute it. TWD is basically owned by AMC, and AMC has proven itself to be a trash production company that treats its actors and writers like shit.

I hadn't seen that part. My guess is we will have a small time jump (a few months) that takes us from the end of the last episode (the fair finally happened, lots of "big" deaths for the communities, Alpha showing off her power and visciousness, etc.) to this new episode. They'll probably imply that the characters had a few months to grieve over the people they lost and decide whether to retaliate or just avoid the Whisperers......clearly they are going to retaliate.

I think you were right about a time jump and we got the answer to my question tho:
Why did they leave the kingdom? All i saw was a plumbing problem. What did I miss?
Answer:
Ratings down. Budget cut. Got to get rid of half the cast and one main location.

Episode Summary:
They abandoned the Kingdom because it was cold outside and they walked through the blizzard to get away from the cold. They had to make a pitstop at Sanctuary to get out of the cold but had to abandon that because if they missed lunch they would all die.

Meanwhile, the Whisperers had the common sense to get out of the cold.

Also, if you are going to walk 20 feet in a blizzard make a line or you could die. But don't worry about handcuffing the villain that is in the middle of your line because...?

They live in a one square block neighborhood & they have to tie themselves together so they don't get lost on the way to the next available house?

The people that have survived a decade into the zombie apocalypse should be the strongest but these guys can't miss lunch without dying. Not to mention the fact that they had several horses that would make a fine meal if necessary.

And there's only like one inch of snow on the ground after all that.

Then make snowballs and have fun.

Back