The Walking Dead Season 9 Discussion = Lowest Mid Season Premiere Rating out of all Seasons.

We can't be friends now.
giphy.gif

dont be that way bro. you cant blame me for still being salty at what happened with GoT

This show is responsible for the only two times I have ever jumped off my couch and screamed "Yeaaaaaaaaaa!" Once when Carol shot that kid and when Glenn was a T-ball stand. I'll never forget those moments.

I gave up after the first episode of I think season 7 when Rick Rolls up with his crew short counts it then his squad commences shooting and all 5 dudes escaped into the same single door. Fuck those writers. That was the best escape they could come up with?

It's like the writers collectively talked it out and said "Fuck you Chris we wrote that shit and you can't unsee it"

I can't go back to something that thinks it's viewers are that dumb. I mean beside watching a fantasy show about the living dead.

was torn between making a new thread or bumping this one, but I guess I'll go ahead and just bump this one since I've made a lot of thread recently lol

never watched a single episode of this show. thought the idea of it seemed stupid and played out. was so over everything "zombie" related.

3 weeks ago I was SUPER bored and saw that the show was on netflix and figured fuck it, lets see what episode 1 is like.

3 weeks later, I've watched all 9 seasons on netflix :eek: I think I binge watched this show harder than any other show ever. Not the best show of all time. Not even close. But way better than I anticipated. Didn't expect to connect with the characters on the level I did. Season 9 was maybe both the most annoying/boring yet simultaneously AWESOME of them all, with those mask wearing weird fucks. Couldn't believe what happened at the end...

Rick is cool, but Daryl, Daryl mother fuckin Dixon, is the real big dick swinger of the show. if/when that guy dies I might stop watching at that point.

Carl was fucking annoying.

one of the reasons I waited so long to get into the show was I always heard how hard it fell off in the later seasons and became trash. Personally I dont agree at all. I'm still plenty in to it. Compared to GOT season 8, this show hasn't fallen off at ALL.

Yea it's funny I never really thought the show fell off to much and I was enjoying the Neegan season. After that season ended though I don't why but I just dropped it and never went back. I had no desire to go back to this show after that and even now I don't.

FTWD pissed me off in season 2 I think it was maybe 3. I don't know there is a season with a serial killer who everyone becomes friends with it and it's just stupid.

Yea it's funny I never really thought the show fell off to much and I was enjoying the Neegan season. After that season ended though I don't why but I just dropped it and never went back. I had no desire to go back to this show after that and even now I don't.

FTWD pissed me off in season 2 I think it was maybe 3. I don't know there is a season with a serial killer who everyone becomes friends with it and it's just stupid.
Negan was/is a fucking awesome bad guy character. Seriously this shows strongest attribute IMO is the character depth and the actors that play them. Negan makes you absolutely fucking despise him but at the same time the guy oozes charisma and almost makes you want to root for him.

my only complaint about the show is so often the characters make really, really, REALLY stupid choices/plays. Shit is just flat out idiotic. Really lazy writing in that regard.

For instance, 4 or 5 of them will be surrounded by bad guys telling them to put down their weapons and they actually do. Who the fuck would actually do that? For some reason the bad guys ALWAYS take their guns but leave them alive for some bullshit reason. In the real world they would be killed the second they laid down their guns and surrendered.

Negan was/is a fucking awesome bad guy character. Seriously this shows strongest attribute IMO is the character depth and the actors that play them. Negan makes you absolutely fucking despise him but at the same time the guy oozes charisma and almost makes you want to root for him.

my only complaint about the show is so often the characters make really, really, REALLY stupid choices/plays. Shit is just flat out idiotic. Really lazy writing in that regard.

For instance, 4 or 5 of them will be surrounded by bad guys telling them to put down their weapons and they actually do. Who the fuck would actually do that? For some reason the bad guys ALWAYS take their guns but leave them alive for some bullshit reason. In the real world they would be killed the second they laid down their guns and surrendered.

Yea the characters doing stupid stuff annoyed me. Another thing that started to get on my nerves was Carol and Morgans flip flopping on killing people and having mental break downs because of it. On top of having two characters with this issue nearly at the same time.

was torn between making a new thread or bumping this one, but I guess I'll go ahead and just bump this one since I've made a lot of thread recently lol

never watched a single episode of this show. thought the idea of it seemed stupid and played out. was so over everything "zombie" related.

3 weeks ago I was SUPER bored and saw that the show was on netflix and figured fuck it, lets see what episode 1 is like.

3 weeks later, I've watched all 9 seasons on netflix :eek: I think I binge watched this show harder than any other show ever. Not the best show of all time. Not even close. But way better than I anticipated. Didn't expect to connect with the characters on the level I did. Season 9 was maybe both the most annoying/boring yet simultaneously AWESOME of them all, with those mask wearing weird fucks. Couldn't believe what happened at the end...

Rick is cool, but Daryl, Daryl mother fuckin Dixon, is the real big dick swinger of the show. if/when that guy dies I might stop watching at that point.

one of the reasons I waited so long to get into the show was I always heard how hard it fell off in the later seasons and became trash. Personally I dont agree at all. I'm still plenty in to it. Compared to GOT season 8, this show hasn't fallen off at ALL.

People are way too hard on TWD IMO. Ya it got a little repetitive and the people do some dumb crap. But the first few seasons were awesome! Rick and Shane....the Greene farm...the prison...the introduction of Negan and his crew, etc.

I was pretty tore up when Beth died for example. And when Sophia walked out of that barn and even Shane froze up with emotion was crazy.

It certainly isn't perfect but it's not terrible at all. I'm really looking forward to the season premier in like a week or so.

Now if you want to watch something awful that feel off after season 3 and is just the stupidist shit ever.....watch Fear The Walking Dead. Even I can't say anything good about it. I keep watching it if I'm super bored though..heh.

It’s back on?

Oct. 6 is the Season 10 premier. The Whisperers are a pretty good story line IMO. A bit unrealistic of course to somehow live out with no shelter and no "home" in a world of zombies but I'm not watching a show about zombies for 100% realism.

Yea the characters doing stupid stuff annoyed me. Another thing that started to get on my nerves was Carol and Morgans flip flopping on killing people and having mental break downs because of it. On top of having two characters with this issue nearly at the same time.
true. it does kind of fall apart if you think about it too much. for instance, whenever they need to send someone out they only send like 4 people. You guys have fucking like 50 people in your camp and a shittton of guns. you should send a small army all with rifles that way you can fucking melt any problems that step to you.
People are way too hard on TWD IMO. Ya it got a little repetitive and the people do some dumb crap. But the first few seasons were awesome! Rick and Shane....the Greene farm...the prison...the introduction of Negan and his crew, etc.

I was pretty tore up when Beth died for example. And when Sophia walked out of that barn and even Shane froze up with emotion was crazy.

It certainly isn't perfect but it's not terrible at all. I'm really looking forward to the season premier in like a week or so.

Now if you want to watch something awful that feel off after season 3 and is just the stupidist shit ever.....watch Fear The Walking Dead. Even I can't say anything good about it. I keep watching it if I'm super bored though..heh.
huh, thats the first I've heard of a TWD spinoff. Yea I'll probably hold off on that. I've got more than my fill of zombies lol and it would just be weird with out the emotional attachment to the characters.

I cant believe how hard I binged this show. 9 seasons, each season with ~15/16 episodes I believe, in 3 weeks. it was seriously fucking up my sleep schedule because I would keep telling myself "1 more episode and then sleep" but you know how that turns out..

I love how Rick is supposed to be the key character to the show but IMO Daryl just completely stole it from him. Hes a bad mother fucker. Better at killing people and even kicked Rick's ass in a fair 1v1 fight

Lol at old ladies dressing in masks . This show really jumped the shark but hipsters fanboys keep them in business.

Its addictive the first 4 or 5 seasons of TWD were great. But the last seasons leave you with that empty gut, especially when they wiped out Glen, Abe, etc

They killed too many mainstays and ruined that familiarity that fans came to love why remove cast members when you know your show consists of people being attached to those characters?

Its addictive the first 4 or 5 seasons of TWD were great. But the last seasons leave you with that empty gut, especially when they wiped out Glen, Abe, etc

They killed too many mainstays and ruined that familiarity that fans came to love why remove cast members when you know your show consists of people being attached to those characters?

And then the scene with Herschel at the end of his story arc.....

tenor.gif

Personally, I get it. You gotta show that the stakes/dangers are real and any of the characters can die at any moment. That makes it seem more "real" and keeps me on the edge of my seat

For me it's better than plot armor that's in so many shows where the main character comes inches from death but somehow gets lucky 10000 times in a row

I stopped after jesus died. I really really wanted to see the whisperers, but they made some decisions that bored me.

-rick leaving and causing a time jump
-what appeared to be a mutiny between maggie/daryl and rick/michonne
-killing carl was nice cuz the actor was awful, but it wasnt a must
-negan being incredibly too skinny
-killing off jesus

<mma3><6><{cruzshake}><{hughesimpress}><{nope}><36><{CMPALM}><LikeReally5><{clintugh}><{katwhu}><DontBelieve1><41><{ByeHomer}><DisgustingHHH>{<diva}<JerryWWF><StannisFrown><GOT3><GOT4><Sansa00>
<Dany07><WellThere><Deported1>

Personally, I get it. You gotta show that the stakes/dangers are real and any of the characters can die at any moment. That makes it seem more "real" and keeps me on the edge of my seat

For me it's better than plot armor that's in so many shows where the main character comes inches from death but somehow gets lucky 10000 times in a row

Season 4 2nd half/Season 5 1st half was the last great "season". Season 5 2nd half/Season 6 1st was the last good "season". Once we got into the Negan Era, shit got drawn out and diluted; characters became dumber while somehow still surviving. Now we are into the #METOO era where all that matters is introducing as many diverse strong female characters as possible.

Lauren Cohan is coming back as a regular starting in season 11.

Back