• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Walking Dead Season 9 Discussion = Lowest Mid Season Premiere Rating out of all Seasons.

Negan could definitely make this show better yet they’ve left him on the bench for the entire season instead. Great writing. He’s easily the most complex and watchable character on the show outside of maybe Carol, he needs to be the lead going forward not mumbling dirty Daryl.

In Season 10 it will be his show. The wait will make it better! But it wouldn't have been believable to take him out of the cell right away without an emergency after they had to put so much work into getting him in there.

Oh thank baby Jesus, there may be hope yet then!
it definetly is, Jeffrey Dean Morgan playing Negan is so fucking cool he can carry this whole shit show all by himself, but he has to have good scripts

Those deaths made zero sense, so they were able to sneak in and catch them one by one come on man,

Enid, Tara and Henry getting killed off was a shocker

its obvious Negan is going to be the Savior he is the only one with the guts to fight back dirty and vicious and he is a reader, he knows these type of people like a book and wont feel sorry for them.

Dang......they actually did a pretty good job here.
Lol I laughed my ass off when I saw Henry's beta skull on that pike. That little turd sacrificed himself to get a kiss. I forgive the writers for righting that wrong. And I have always hated Tara, so that was a welcomed death.

They also got me a little tense when they had Alpha talking to Zeke..and then teased who was on that final pike...because in the comics Zeke was there.
These deaths hopefully fuel some mega badassery.

I'm actually glad they kept Alpha's daughter, I think she is a good actress..or at least can be.

Lol I laughed my ass off when I saw Henry's beta skull on that pike. That little turd sacrificed himself to get a kiss. I forgive the writers for righting that wrong. And I have always hated Tara, so that was a welcomed death.

They also got me a little tense when they had Alpha talking to Zeke..and then teased who was on that final pike...because in the comics Zeke was there.

I'm actually glad they kept Alpha's daughter, I think she is a good actress..or at least can be.

Agree with all of this. So glad Carl 2.0 got killed. I'm indifferent to Tara. She had some good one liners and sarcasm but it got old after a while. Now who's going to lead Hilltop though? All their leaders keep dying, getting killed, or leaving on a traveling bookmobile tour.

I was wondering about Zeke as well b/c of the comics. I kind of forgot that part of the comics. I feel they need him at this point but who knows. And I was surprised this wasn't the finale.

Lydia seems like one of the better child actors they have, especially compared to Carl, Carl 2.0, and the Teenagers from Hilltop. I think Judith is a decent actress too, I like her character.

If the 4 groups that just sign the peace pact with each other are smart, they won't go for revenge and they'll stay out of Alpha's territory. But we all know they will feel the need to get revenge and get more red shirts and a few main characters killed along the way. Sometimes you gotta just cut your losses, know when you are overmatched, and let things go in the zompoc.

Its funny the stay true when iilling off glenn, yet dont when ezekiels signature death

henry dying made no sense i dont really care if he cant act or not, he doesnt bother me, its weird because lydia has nobody now. She is like a tortured soul, the only person she trusted who she turned on her own evil mother for has just been killed to shock us. I hope Daryl protects her like he promised when her mom Alpha told him he couldnt protect her.

Negan is the guy they need to unleash, unleash that mother fucking kraken already let him take over

Enids death hit me hard, it was outta left field, she went from a lydia type and not much range, to a woman in a short period, i was expecting her growth more. I hope they give her more roles she can be a star especially how fast she improved and matured.

Is it true they killed off Miss DSL Enid? That's a bummer. Henry and Tara though?? Lololol so much for Coral 2.0

I also really like Enid.

UnfoldedClearDeinonychus-max-1mb.gif

So does everyone come to this thread just to shit on this show? I get it, it's not as good as previous seasons, but everyone just comes here and give it more shit, and some of you are not even watching the damn thing!

I just want to say that I, for one, still enjoy watching the show, so fuck you all.

I hate this show now and rarely post in this thread.

I really, really liked this week's episode, especially the deaf conversation. I barely know those characters but "you never said goodbye, every goodbye could be the last" was great television.

Last scene to the finale will be Michoneetting Neegan free saying it takes a monster to kill one..

Neegan will be main role next year n likely gets Rick's role.

Damn! I did not expect that, especially when it wasn't a season finale or mid-season finale! I actually had to cheer when I saw Carl 2.0 was killed though. I'm glad he's gone. Sucks for Carol to lose 2 kids during the show though.

I'm surprised they killed off Enid! I'm surprised about Tara too but looking back it makes sense. When they were showing the heads I was wondering if Rosita was going to be one of them. But she and her 3 boyfriends all survived it seems.

I like the show too. This season is one of the better seasons actually, especially when compared to seasons 7 and 8 IMO. If you left the show you should come back for Season 9. Yes there are some cringy moments and some wasted/filler time but all shows have that. And the story with the Whisperers is pretty good!

It has been better. This place is full of latte-sippin film students I guess.

Alpha is awesome. Chick playin her is a 2 time Oscar nominee.

You make a good point in how they should look overall. It's just that for TV we tend to accept the fact that they make the women and the men look attractive with makeup and stuff. Nobody wants to watch a bunch of ugly people that look like crap on TV.

I do have to laugh when you have these fatties ~8-10 years into the zombie apoc. I mean, Jerry is a big Samoan so maybe he maintains his mass. But Tara, Alpha, and Jerry's wife (off the top of my head this is who I thought of) aren't going to be carrying all that extra fat around!! They all bitch about running out of supplies then you have people 20-80 pounds overweight? And that new dude, the music teacher......he's frickin pudgey as shit and he's been on the run for years.

We just have to come to terms with the fact that it isn't a "realistic" portrayel of what the zompoc would be and try to look past that stuff.

Alden (Enids BF) somehow has an endless supply of hair gel.

"Screw the condensed milk! Grab that Paul Mitchell box!"

Last scene to the finale will be Michoneetting Neegan free saying it takes a monster to kill one..

Neegan will be main role next year n likely gets Rick's role.
Rick lead all the communities, he's not getting that role. So far, Darryl has been getting Rick's scenes from the comic arc.

Negan has his own arc, the dialogue will probably be modified to make him more sympathetic. I wouldn't be shocked if they gave him something slightly different from the comics to mix it up. We'll see. JDM wouldn't waste his time on this show if there wasn't something juicy planned for Negan.

My DVR only recorded 60 minutes so no idea what happened after alpha sat next to chick at the movie.

Anyone mind giving cliffs for remainder of episode?

Back