• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Walking Dead Season 9 Discussion = Lowest Mid Season Premiere Rating out of all Seasons.

So does everyone come to this thread just to shit on this show? I get it, it's not as good as previous seasons, but everyone just comes here and give it more shit, and some of you are not even watching the damn thing!

I just want to say that I, for one, still enjoy watching the show, so fuck you all.

This thread after a showing of twd is more enjoyable and entertaining than the actual show lol.

So does everyone come to this thread just to shit on this show? I get it, it's not as good as previous seasons, but everyone just comes here and give it more shit, and some of you are not even watching the damn thing!

I just want to say that I, for one, still enjoy watching the show, so fuck you all.
How much are you getting paid to post this?
<{yahyou}>

Enjoyed the scene where an unaware Ezekiel met "Debbie" at the fair. I found that interaction quite chilling.

Was sad to see...

...the passing of Enid and Tara. I believe Tara was the last of the Woodbury people and i have a thing for Enid.

Was overjoyed for...

...the long overdue suffering and death of Henry the Homo.

Overall they shit the bus because...

...most of the heads belonged to worthless characters and/or characters who had only appeared within the last few episodes.

Enjoyed the scene where an unaware Ezekiel met "Debbie" at the fair. I found that interaction quite chilling.

...most of the heads belonged to worthless characters and/or characters who had only appeared within the last few episodes.

Yeah, the deaths were kinda meh. I thought the last one (where Carol couldn't bear to look) was the King, but it was only Coral 2.0.

At least we wont see his whiny bitch ass face anymore, so that's somewhat satisfying

Was sad to see...

...the passing of Enid and Tara. I believe Tara was the last of the Woodbury people and i have a thing for Enid.

Was overjoyed for...

They didn't show enough of Ms DSL Enid. I had a thing for her as well.

I watched the scene of Alpha wearing the scalped hair of that red shirt...all I can say is laughable to think she could "field dress" that scalped wig so perfectly in such haste lol

First episode I've watched in awhile. Of course the pike scene didn't have nearly the same impact as it did in the comics. Not even close with the characters they chose instead.

Damn! I did not expect that, especially when it wasn't a season finale or mid-season finale! I actually had to cheer when I saw Carl 2.0 was killed though. I'm glad he's gone. Sucks for Carol to lose 2 kids during the show though.

I'm surprised they killed off Enid! I'm surprised about Tara too but looking back it makes sense. When they were showing the heads I was wondering if Rosita was going to be one of them. But she and her 3 boyfriends all survived it seems.

I like the show too. This season is one of the better seasons actually, especially when compared to seasons 7 and 8 IMO. If you left the show you should come back for Season 9. Yes there are some cringy moments and some wasted/filler time but all shows have that. And the story with the Whisperers is pretty good!

Was sad to see...

Was overjoyed for...

I agree with pretty much everything you said. Zeke talking to Alpha was creepy!

I also was glad when they killed off Carl 2.0! I laughed :) - But was really sad about Enid :( :(. I've liked her character and she's cute :).

And I got zero shock factor or care about 1/2 the people's heads on the pikes. I mean it was chilling to see how many people and how far Alpha would go to make her point. But nobody really cared about the highway people much. Apparently there was a guy named DJ who has a savior. They also brought back one of Negan's wives last episode for 1 episode so that they could kill her off on the next episode.......like we were supposed to recognize or care about Negan's redhead former wife.

I did not expect Tara and Enid to be killed. I thought they might take out Rosita....which would have been a blow to 3 different men plus she is preggers which would add to the shock/heartbreak.

They didn't show enough of Ms DSL Enid. I had a thing for her as well.

I watched the scene of Alpha wearing the scalped hair of that red shirt...all I can say is laughable to think she could "field dress" that scalped wig so perfectly in such haste lol

Agree....we needed more Enid overall!

I've got to the point with this show where I've just stopped trying to nitpick details or even care about that stuff anymore....it just drove me crazy and took away from my enjoyment.

Like how in the heck did Alpha and her crew manage to kidnap like 8 people without being noticed? And the wig thing like you said. Also, Hilltop isn't a huge place......if she claimed to be from Hilltop wouldn't someone at the faire be like "ummmm, I've never seen that bitch before in my life!"? And why, if you had access to various weapons, would you choose a giant pipe wrench for a weapon? Seems like it would require a lot of power and make you tired and make you have to get close to a walker and have room to swing it hard enough to kill it. Why not use a spear and a knife as a backup?

This season also got to the point of focusing on too many characters in non essential moments. I l Iiked the season overall, but theres just to many people. This ending needed to happen for the future of the show. This clears up more room for negan .

With Henry gone, I'm not sure if I'm still going to watch the show. He's been the only good thing about it the past few seasons.

I was surprised they pulled the trigger with Glenn but for some reason the pike scene surprised me more. It's one thing to do it in the comics and it's another to have this imaginary on television.

With Henry gone, I'm not sure if I'm still going to watch the show. He's been the only good thing about it the past few seasons.
Henry was the glue that not only held the walking dead universe together, he changed television as we know it. I'm hoping this is a bad dream and I eventually wake up. Without Henry, what's the point of the show? What's the point of anything...

Henry was the glue that not only held the walking dead universe together, he changed television as we know it. I'm hoping this is a bad dream and I eventually wake up. Without Henry, what's the point of the show? What's the point of anything...

tumblr_pis9qwuaLH1w47t9ro1_500.gif

:(

I was surprised they pulled the trigger with Glenn but for some reason the pike scene surprised me more. It's one thing to do it in the comics and it's another to have this imaginary on television.
The most shocking death to me still is Abraham in the comics. He gets the arrow through the eye instead of the fat lesbian.

The show should've killed off Rosita and kept Enid.
Out with the old, in with the new.

The show should've killed off Rosita and kept Enid.
Out with the old, in with the new.
Rosita was on one of the pikes in the comics. Enid was show-only.

Back