International The US has killed head of Al-Qaeda Ayman al-Zawahri in a military operation

A $25M bounty is a heck of a motivator when you take a hard look at it.
True that.
I'd drop off a family member hog-tied for $25M.

I wonder if someone is cashing in on that or we just found him via some other means.

True that.

I wonder if someone is cashing in on that or we just found him via some other means.
It was reported today that the CIA has known for months that he was literally living in a house a couple blocks from our embassy.

Why so testy, you were just asking questions again, right? {<hhh]

The claim is indisputably, objectively false. And rather than just say, "oops! Shouldn't have trusted partisan sources," he misdirects, as if the only two possibilities are $80B and $0. Anyone who doesn't accept the absurd figure Trump and then other Republicans have been peddling must believe that the true number is nothing. No one in the world is fooled by such transparent dishonesty, but I guess the hope is that annoys people who aren't in the tribe, and trying to make people who aren't Republicans feel anything negative is what these guys live for. I really think it's a small step to supporting mass murder (not to carrying it out, but it's easy to see how enough people can be OK with it enough for someone to do it).

Last edited:
True that.

We'll likely never know.

It was reported today that the CIA has known for months that he was literally living in a house a couple blocks from our embassy.

And all it took to take him out was a POTUS that was willing to give the go-ahead.

Allegedly.

{<hhh]

And they probably gained quite a bit of intel during that time.
Doubtful. We haven’t cultivated a single ISIS K target since we left Afghanistan. I doubt the old fart led us to anything new either.

Doubtful. We haven’t cultivated a single ISIS K target since we left Afghanistan. I doubt the old fart led us to anything new either.
Why would they take action and potentially tip off their target?

The claim is indisputably, objectively false. And rather than just say, "oops! Shouldn't have trusted partisan sources," he misdirects, as if they only two possibilities are $80B and $0. Anyone who doesn't accept the absurd figure Trump and then other Republicans have been peddling must believe that the true number is nothing. No one in the world is fooled by such transparent dishonesty, but I guess the hope is that annoys people who aren't in the tribe, and trying to make people who aren't Republicans feel anything negative is what these guys live for. I really think it's a small step to supporting mass murder (not to carrying it out, but it's easy to see how enough people can be OK with it enough for someone to do it).
It’s semantics. I posted a link detailing the cost breakdowns.

Yes. I was wrong in that it wasn’t 83 billion of equipment left. More accurately I could have/should have said 80 billion of investment wasted along with billions of equipment included.

And they probably gained quite a bit of intel during that time.
I read they studied his habits during that time to minimize collateral damage. The strike was so surgical that they got him when he went out on the balcony in the morning, with a kinetic bomb that had no explosives, and managed to kill only him. Talk about dropping a bomb on someone's head.

And all it took to take him out was a POTUS that was willing to give the go-ahead.

Allegedly.

{<hhh]

Took him months to give the go ahead?

Lot can happen in months. Seems a bit risky.

And allegedly the former President knew about it also and did nothing.

I thought Trump destroyed ISIS, who's left to target?

To be fair, Biden didn’t know about it until he read the teleprompter a couple days later.

Mods come and go and just remember they do it all for free
Its crazy if thats true. This site is literally owned by a multi-million dollar company but pays the mods nothing? Are we sure Sherdog isn't owned by Dana and the UFC?

It’s semantics. I posted a link detailing the cost breakdowns.

Yes. I was wrong in that it wasn’t 83 billion of equipment left. More accurately I could have/should have said 80 billion of investment wasted along with billions of equipment included.
Don't those figures go back 20 years? Did you expect us never to pull out of Afghanistan so that investment wouldn't be wasted? Not that I don't think the pullout was a mess but you're just posting the worst numbers possible. At least it seems that way but I know you're a guy with no dog in the game just asking questions.

Back