Rumored The UFC is not fu**ing around this year

It’s all fights the fans want to see and would do good numbers. It’s a business not sure what you expect them to do. It makes sense to me
NFL is a business, but they're doing okay the right way.

NFL is a business, but they're doing okay the right way.
Not really, NFL rigs and manipulates playoff games so the Super Bowl would do good numbers. They don’t want a small fan base team like Jacksonville in the super bowl. Just search it on youtube if you don’t believe it, This has been known for years and just last year became more obvious. Roger Goodell even admitted to it somewhat.

Conor = The Patriots

Well, this situation made possible that nobody gives a shit anymore about being the champ at one division, or about title fights or about who is the champion of this or that division.
It's an awful mess, moving towards a freakshow.

• Dana is not even attempting to deny that Conor gets the next TS at 155 if he and Khabib win their fights, and would probably give him a WW TS if he asked for it.
  • They made Yoel vs Izzy even thought Yoel is coming off two losses.
  • They are working on Cejudo vs Aldo with Aldo coming off a close lost.
  • Want to do Miocic vs DC 3 while Ngannou is coming off two 1st round KOs of former champs.
  • Dana confirmed that the matchmakers actually approached Nick Diaz about the Masvidal fight.
They are pretty much focusing on the big fights without paying attention to the lame ass rankings, I'm probably in the minority here but I fucking love this!

Izzy vs Yoel and Cejudo vs Aldo are straight fucking fire match ups <{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

I hope they keep this trend instead of giving us No Boner vs Corey Anderson or some boring ass bullshit like that.
its always been like this. the rankings are made by ufc anyways so its all mumbo jumbo.

all sports have tournaments. UFC does not so than you get all this stuff.

• Dana is not even attempting to deny that Conor gets the next TS at 155 if he and Khabib win their fights, and would probably give him a WW TS if he asked for it.
  • Want to do Miocic vs DC 3 while Ngannou is coming off two 1st round KOs of former champs.
  • Dana confirmed that the matchmakers actually approached Nick Diaz about the Masvidal fight.
They are pretty much focusing on the big fights without paying attention to the lame ass rankings, I'm probably in the minority here but I fucking love this!

Izzy vs Yoel and Cejudo vs Aldo are straight fucking fire match ups <{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

I hope they keep this trend instead of giving us No Boner vs Corey Anderson or some boring ass bullshit like that.
The ufc is a joke

Fighters in these showcase events do Pullin revenue that arguably pays for the under cards. Rizen does it too. Grooms future stars. Downside the boring Fitches get sidelined quick regardless of capabilities. Fans want entertainment more than boring strategy to eek out a win.

Yeah i fucking love this.

Things have trended this way for awhile now, especially post-sale. The UFC now exists somewhere between pro wrestling and legit sports. The competition is legit, but the methodology of rankings and title shots is firmly in the "sports entertainment" realm.

I think having top 10 rankings hurts the UFC. You hear fighters all the time saying "top 10-15.." have a top 5 and then leave everyone else in the dust. That way you know who the big dogs are and who isnt.

I think having top 10 rankings hurts the UFC. You hear fighters all the time saying "top 10-15.." have a top 5 and then leave everyone else in the dust. That way you know who the big dogs are and who isnt.

I don't think so. I mean, college sports have gone off of a top 25 for years. Something about fight fans though. You're either the current champ, a hot rising top contender, or you're an absolute bum who should retire and flip burgers.

True rankings would have been determined by a 3rd party, not some journalists that are Dana approved. They are changing rankings before every big fight anyway. UFC is sports + entertainment and I do like that.

WMMA will one day be 50% of the card because you wimps can’t stop touching yourselves at night.
Just because you're into men, you're not better than us, heterosexuals.

WME era Mafacka
<GinJuice>

And yet they won’t give us GSP vs Khabib. Doesn’t make sense.

Its great for fans but horrible for the athletes and for the integrity of the sport.

Imagine in basketlball if a team lost, but everyone liked them so they got to play in the finals anyway. LOL, it wouldn't be taken seriously.

But I guess Dana wants money now, so probably planning to sell the rest of the company or something like that

It sounds good but Dana changes his mind too often so let's see whether it will happen.

You guys realize that the media determines the rankings and not the ufc right?

With Romero, he's had close losses and there's not long left for the UFC to make use of him, so I can kind of somewhat understand why he's getting a shot.

Romero has the ability to stop anyone, he's never really been dominated.

I'm more concerned about what the hell is going to happen in the LHW div.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back