Rumored The UFC is not fu**ing around this year

Well UFC is a sports entertainment brand now. Nothing but freakshow fights from here on out.

• Dana is not even attempting to deny that Conor gets the next TS at 155 if he and Khabib win their fights, and would probably give him a WW TS if he asked for it.
  • They made Yoel vs Izzy even thought Yoel is coming off two losses.
  • They are working on Cejudo vs Aldo with Aldo coming off a close lost.
  • Want to do Miocic vs DC 3 while Ngannou is coming off two 1st round KOs of former champs.
  • Dana confirmed that the matchmakers actually approached Nick Diaz about the Masvidal fight.
They are pretty much focusing on the big fights without paying attention to the lame ass rankings, I'm probably in the minority here but I fucking love this!

Izzy vs Yoel and Cejudo vs Aldo are straight fucking fire match ups <{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

I hope they keep this trend instead of giving us No Boner vs Corey Anderson or some boring ass bullshit like that.
No Boner? Hating a man is one thing. Giving him pet names in regards to his penis though? Sherdog just got weird for me.

Can one of the experts here please diagnose the norwood scenario with the guy in OP's avatar background?

Like as they always followed the rankings... SAID NO ONE EVER. This is not the first time and will not be the last.

The all point of your entire post is rankings and there is no news about it, as we could see until now. Rankings? There is no such thing.

I'd be totally fine if they got rid of the rankings, I don't feel it has added anything to UFC.. a lot of the times they don't even go by the rankings, but use it when it fits their needs.

i wish dana would stfu sometimes. We get it man you're the boss. This kind of stuff makes me want to see conor lose in embarrassing fashion just so dana doesnt get his way. Yes im salty.
Dana doesn't really care because then he can make big fights with Cowboy and people always want to see Conor in a fistfight, they could sell him vs a sack of a potatoes and do at least 300K buys even if he loses this fight (which I think he will)

Part of me appreciates that. Since styles make fights, if given the choice I’d rather see a great fight between the champ and a guy ranked 8th than a boring fight between the champ and a guy ranked 2nd

I'd be totally fine if they got rid of the rankings, I don't feel it has added anything to UFC.. a lot of the times they don't even go by the rankings, but use it when it fits their needs.
Would you have liked to see GSP vs Fitch 2, 3 and 4 back in 2008ish? Me either. But that's what we'd have gotten if the title shots were purely objective and based on rankings and merit alone.

I've always said the rule effectively is this:

The title shot goes to the guy who
1) is available to fight at a time where the champion is ready to fight (or within a reasonable timeframe)
AND
2) of the available fighters, fans generally consider this the most compelling challenger on account of skillset, record/rankings, and/or style.

Fans may not always be right about which matchups are compelling, but every title shot given (even the very wacky ones) met these criteria, and they are very reasonable criteria for who gets a title shot given the inherent problems with objective, mandatory title shots.

Dana doesn't really care because then he can make big fights with Cowboy and people always want to see Conor in a fistfight, they could sell him vs a sack of a potatoes and do at least 300K buys even if he loses this fight (which I think he will)
Sadly, i agree.

It might not seem fair from a sporting integrity point of view, but what it does do is tell up and coming fighters that giving the fans entertaining fights is what gets rewarded, so hopefully the grinders takes some risks.

Sadly, i agree.
I don't think it's sad. I think it's great that the UFC can provide a stage that gets people so famous that thousands of people will pay to watch him under pretty much any circumstances.

When I started watching MMA, guys like BJ, Chuck and Rampage were heroes. I would get emotionally invested in the outcomes of their fights. When they started to lose, it sucked. I think every fan goes through this. Many if not most eventually realize that guys come and go, but we're in it for exciting fights, and if a guy is good enough to beat your hero then you should be stoked to watch him.

All the new fans Conor brought in are going to learn this. The ones who really like the fights will stick around. All the UFC needs is talented fighters who put on exciting fights. There's no formula for whose personality fans will go crazy for, but those guys will keep coming (and going) too. And all the fame those guys get will only help the next crop of guys. The bigger this sport gets, the better for everyone

Ufc is dying and dana wants as much $ til he retires

It might not seem fair from a sporting integrity point of view, but what it does do is tell up and coming fighters that giving the fans entertaining fights is what gets rewarded, so hopefully the grinders takes some risks.
Those guys get rewarded, and so do the Hendos and Bispings, guys who stick around for a long time -- good things happen to them. Guys who threaten to quit after 5 fights and no title? Maybe not such a good idea. Put on exciting fights, win as much as you can, and keep grinding.

• Dana is not even attempting to deny that Conor gets the next TS at 155 if he and Khabib win their fights, and would probably give him a WW TS if he asked for it.
  • They made Yoel vs Izzy even thought Yoel is coming off two losses.
  • They are working on Cejudo vs Aldo with Aldo coming off a close lost.
  • Want to do Miocic vs DC 3 while Ngannou is coming off two 1st round KOs of former champs.
  • Dana confirmed that the matchmakers actually approached Nick Diaz about the Masvidal fight.

zuffa boxing might be a big deal for them too if they role it out this year as planned

It’s all fights the fans want to see and would do good numbers. It’s a business not sure what you expect them to do. It makes sense to me

I thought Yoel and Aldo both won their last fights, so cant be too mad at those match ups. Legacy alsonplays a part I Aldo's case.

Masvidal v Nick Diaz makes sense, as neither are champions and it's a good match up.

Conor getting a rematch against Khabib is indefensible though. 1 win at LW, he isn't even top 10.

Back