Rumored The UFC is not fu**ing around this year

If only there were a system we could use to determine who the best fighters are so we can match them up.

so ur implying #1 vs #2 always produces the best fight ?

so ur implying #1 vs #2 always produces the best fight ?

Obviously not. Just because you use a system doesn't mean you're a slave to it. You can still make good fights. Without a ranking system it turns into even more a political and favoritism shitshow. What's next? Ranking fighters by IG and Twitter followers?

So can we stop with, "Where the best fight the best 3 times a year" bullshit now?

I love the big "hype" fights, but I would like to have some integrity involved.
Even WWE guys have to "earn" their title shots.
Due away with rankings and have yearly tournaments, where a new champion is crowned every year.
OR
Keep the rankings and give the most deserving contender the shot.

Welcome to the money era, everything about the honor of martial arts and how the best fight the best and nobody gets any gimme fights was all bullshit. It's still fun, but at the same time the reason why the "sport" will always be nothing more than niche entertainment.

JDS was on a three fight win streak before he ran into Ngannou who has knocked out everyone except Stipe. He is ranked in the top 5. There is no reason for him to retire if he can beat most fighters in the top 10.

Cain retired because Ngannou retired him. He was 14-2 going into that matchup.
lol come on dude, I get that you’re a huge Ngannou fan but that’s ridiculous, Cain retired because his body is broken and Andrei Arlovski is still in the UFC, the Hw division is a joke and just about anyone can get a 3 fight win streak going
JDS has enough brain damage to retire and is a shell of his former self
Maybe if the first fight wasn’t so one sided, but it was extremely one sided and they have a match up where both guys are 1-1, makes a lot more sense to make that fight vs the guy who he smoked not that long ago and has beaten JDS and Cain in his last 2, there’s zero point of doing now when they can easily have the winner fight him, what’s the point of putting off their trilogy ?

i wish dana would stfu sometimes. We get it man you're the boss. This kind of stuff makes me want to see conor lose in embarrassing fashion just so dana doesnt get his way. Yes im salty.

upload_2020-1-18_15-47-0.jpeg
come on, guys

lol come on dude, I get that you’re a huge Ngannou fan but that’s ridiculous, Cain retired because his body is broken and Andrei Arlovski is still in the UFC, the Hw division is a joke and just about anyone can get a 3 fight win streak going

Cain didn't injure his knee, it was an excuse by his fanboys. Both he and his coach admitted in a later interview that Ngannou rocked him.

And he's obviously not broken since he went into pro wrestling, which takes more out of your body than MMA does.

Cain
JDS
Blaydes

That's the best 3 win streak in the entire division.

JDS has enough brain damage to retire and is a shell of his former self

Again, he's ranked number 4th and was in a 3 fight win streak before losing to Ngannou. The guy is clearly still elite. No, he's not the best heavyweight in the world anymore. But he's one of them.

Maybe if the first fight wasn’t so one sided, but it was extremely one sided and they have a match up where both guys are 1-1, makes a lot more sense to make that fight vs the guy who he smoked not that long ago and has beaten JDS and Cain in his last 2, there’s zero point of doing now when they can easily have the winner fight him, what’s the point of putting off their trilogy ?

Interesting take since the first DC/Stipe fight was also one-sided.

Both dudes are about to retire, do you really want to wait another year to see a third fight when neither of them are going to be relevant to the division for much longer? Ngannou is young, active, and exciting. The guy should be in the title picture. If he was the champ we would probably be getting 3 title fights a year instead of these old ass clowns holding up the division.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back