Rumored The UFC is not fu**ing around this year

Mahkor

Drunkmaster Flex
Banned
Reaction score
  • Dana is not even attempting to deny that Conor gets the next TS at 155 if he and Khabib win their fights, and would probably give him a WW TS if he asked for it.
  • They made Yoel vs Izzy even thought Yoel is coming off two losses.
  • They are working on Cejudo vs Aldo with Aldo coming off a close lost.
  • Want to do Miocic vs DC 3 while Ngannou is coming off two 1st round KOs of former champs.
  • Dana confirmed that the matchmakers actually approached Nick Diaz about the Masvidal fight.
They are pretty much focusing on the big fights without paying attention to the lame ass rankings, I'm probably in the minority here but I fucking love this!

Izzy vs Yoel and Cejudo vs Aldo are straight fucking fire match ups <{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

I hope they keep this trend instead of giving us No Boner vs Corey Anderson or some boring ass bullshit like that.

Things have trended this way for awhile now, especially post-sale. The UFC now exists somewhere between pro wrestling and legit sports. The competition is legit, but the methodology of rankings and title shots is firmly in the "sports entertainment" realm.

i wish dana would stfu sometimes. We get it man you're the boss. This kind of stuff makes me want to see conor lose in embarrassing fashion just so dana doesnt get his way. Yes im salty.

WMMA will one day be 50% of the card because you wimps can’t stop touching yourselves at night.

Some will whine over rankings but we're in for some fuckin bangers boys

i wish dana would stfu sometimes. We get it man you're the boss. This kind of stuff makes me want to see conor lose in embarrassing fashion just so dana doesnt get his way. Yes im salty.
You mean like when he wanted the Holloway khabib super fight and Poirer hosed Holloway instantly?

This is nothing new, now with way less talent coming through they certainly aren’t going to invest as much promoting up and comers and just stick to whatever will sell the most

Lol @ Ngannou beating 2 guys that should retire is a better, more deserving fight than the only interesting trilogy at HW ever, unless AA/Sylvia counts or the hellacious deathly beatings Cain put on Junior

Joe Rogan should be matchmaker in my opinon

He'd match up Pedro Rizzo and Jose Aldo just to see who has better leg kicks

<{JustBleed}>

e72fbc6d-978a-4732-80c3-eade6b298629.jpeg

The way it should be...And at one time was

Get rid of the rankings

Meh, this was the we DGAF moment for me:

tumblr_odd1xxgfPv1qd4esao1_500.gif

At least Kimbo had to do TUF first, and that guy actually fought in other Orgs 1st. This was just blatant.

Honestly, I agree. I got into MMA because I liked seeing insane fights, not because of rankings. And at any given night, anyone can win a fight no matter what position they are in the rankings.

Joe Rogan should be matchmaker in my opinon

He'd match up Pedro Rizzo and Jose Aldo just to see who has better leg kicks

<{JustBleed}>

e72fbc6d-978a-4732-80c3-eade6b298629.jpeg

Hoe Hogan matchmaking needs to be a thread

- vitor vs palhares to see who has best PEDs

- dominick Cruz vs rumble johnson to see if white mans mind can beat black mans body

• Dana is not even attempting to deny that Conor gets the next TS at 155 if he and Khabib win their fights, and would probably give him a WW TS if he asked for it.
  • They made Yoel vs Izzy even thought Yoel is coming off two losses.
  • They are working on Cejudo vs Aldo with Aldo coming off a close lost.
  • Want to do Miocic vs DC 3 while Ngannou is coming off two 1st round KOs of former champs.
  • Dana confirmed that the matchmakers actually approached Nick Diaz about the Masvidal fight.
They are pretty much focusing on the big fights without paying attention to the lame ass rankings, I'm probably in the minority here but I fucking love this!

Izzy vs Yoel and Cejudo vs Aldo are straight fucking fire match ups <{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

I hope they keep this trend instead of giving us No Boner vs Corey Anderson or some boring ass bullshit like that.

I don't mind it, but it would be nice if fans here realized that THIS is why when talking about all time lists, titles won and defended aren't as important as other factors. Aldo is a legend, but not only is he coming off a loss and has yet to win at 135, he's 2-4 in his last 6 fights overall. Why would people put all sorts of stock in titles when it's obvious the UFC will pick and choose based on things other than merit?

Fuck rankings I just want to watch the best fights possible

Might as well just make a intercontinental belt while they're at it

Keep belittling the whole point of titles and contenders etc and eventually theres no going back cos no one will give a fuck and I dont know where that leaves you.

Back