The UFC is 100% Correct Making Jones vs Stipe From a Business Sense

Mind Mine

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This should be a very short and self explanatory thread for anyone with an objective mind. Jones admittedly has out one foot the door. Him beating the UFC’s new HW show pony does absolutely nothing for the future of the division when he retires, which he will. The Aspinall deserves this fanboys simply have not thought of the rebuilding period for the division should he get wrecked and Jones retires anyways. The UFC is doing the right thing

The Aspinal deserved this fanboys are all the fans of fighters Jones has beat. There are also some that don’t relate to him as well who want to see his downfall.

Can’t expect a GOAT at the tail end of his career to fight the next up superstar.

As a fan I don’t care if a ufc fight makes good business sense. I just want to see the best vs the best. If you’re a fan and you worry or make excuses because a bad fight makes good business sense for the company, you’re an idiot. Do you get a cut if the ufc rake in billions? No. So why not hope they put out exciting fights for YOU as a fan?

Is anyone even interested in this fight?

Last time we saw Stipe was nearly 4 years ago when he got KTFO by Ngannou

The Aspinal deserved this fanboys are all the fans of fighters Jones has beat. There are also some that don’t relate to him as well who want to see his downfall.

Can’t expect a GOAT at the tail end of his career to fight the next up superstar.
Other GOATs did it. Fedor, Anderson, Aldo, Hendo, Nog, Werdum, Sakuraba fought younger dangerous fighters when they were way older and much more washed up.

They were never scared of a dangerous challenge. Jones is scared to lose.

I believe Jones is a cheater but arguably the GOAT. That said, the sole benefactor of this egregious matchmaking is Jones' legacy.

I honestly just do not give a fuck about this fight anymore. I'll watch though.

So the objective take is have Tom defend interim titles but never get to face the "champ"

It's ok just to say Jon is ducking Tom and wants to fight a 40+ year old who hasn't fought in close to 4 years...who was ploddingly slow in his 30's

1726518167120.gif

Jones is still the biggest joke in pro sports.

And that lowlife loser is already in the Hall of Shame.

Jones fighting Stipe isn't the problem. Jones "defending" the HW title against Stipe is the problem.

The UFC has made a mockery of the HW title with this whole Francis/Jones/Stipe charade.

Nothing wrong with Jones defending against Stipe. Stipe is not only more deserving to face Jones BECAUSE of his prior accomplishments, he was a better Champion than Aspinall.

Aspinall isn’t even a real champion. He’s a stand in interim champion. Aspinall needs Jones not the other way around and jock riders can’t seem to quite grasp that concept. They think Jones owes Aspinall something.

You know it’s time to retire when your fans have accepted it & the only people wanting you to keep fighting are the haters hoping you’ll get ktfo

This should be a very short and self explanatory thread for anyone with an objective mind. Jones admittedly has out one foot the door. Him beating the UFC’s new HW show pony does absolutely nothing for the future of the division when he retires, which he will. The Aspinall deserves this fanboys simply have not thought of the rebuilding period for the division should he get wrecked and Jones retires anyways. The UFC is doing the right thing
This fight caters to wrestling fans. The UFC didn't need to hold the HW belt hostage for this fight to happen and they should be embarassed for their role in it. Everyone with an ounce of common fucking sense knows that.

Also, the UFC throwing their weight and support behind two fighters who are quitting instead of taking the opportunity to hype up your next "big thing" at HW is ridiculously short-sighted if you ask me.

closedpeskyfrenchbulldog-small.gif

Business wise the old lion fighting the new lion is always a good idea. And Jones vs Stipe isn't going to sell more than Jones v Aspinall. No one cares about Stipe, he wasn't a draw when he was active and he has been gone for 4 years.

The only way this makes sense business wise is if Jones refuses to fight Aspinall and is threatening to retire if they don't give him the Stipe fight. In which case they should strip him and let him have his old guy fight. Jones does not need the title to sell PPVs.

Back