• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why is everyone here so against Stipey collecting a paycheck?

To go even further, people are dumping on Stipe and for that Stipe doesn't really deserve that. A little feeling of shame should be normal on that end for that. As far as I'm aware, Stipe is not a piece of shit and this situation is not particularly his fault.
Who is calling Stipe a piece of shit? The criticism is that he is old and getting a title shot over more deserving contenders

Jones haters can't delude themselves into believing Stipe will beat Jones. They want Jones to fight someone they can delude themselves into believing will beat him.

Thats all this conflict has ever been about.

Nothing against Stipey, Jonathan or the fight itself but they are holding up the division. My hate is directed at the UFC for wanting to make the fight. There is an interim champ and then there is a 42 year old who hasn't fought in 3 years, last fight was a KO loss and last win was 4 years ago.. Which one makes more sense as a title defense?

Here we go. Another sherdoggers creating a non existent argument in their head.

No one has ever said this. They just don't like the Jones matchup

Just all bad sarcastic takes today, huh?

You know what would have gotten Stipe a good amount of money? Fighting. You know what his holding out does? Takes big money fight options from other fighters who make less than him who deserve big money fights. It's a net loss across the board.

This just doesn't hold up to any scrutiny
It's MMA on the internet. Yall are decidedly too fucking serious. Smart ass sarcasm is about the only thing you'll ever get from me, if you haven't caught on yet.

If ya don't like my takes, don't read em. I will not miss the @'s.

When has Stipe ever come just to collect a paycheck? He comes to win every fight.

Not against as such but his basically a retired former fighter coming back for an exhibition match but for the real belt when there are other fighters more deserving who are active. But the UFC will UFC

You could’ve ended your sentence here

Since it’s more than Stipe’s done to get a TS in years. <lol>

Feeder has fought 7 times since joining Bellator. 4 of those fights were against MW Chael, bloated LHW Rampage, and LHW Bader (who fed Feeder to the canvas twice in a total combined time of 3:05).

Stipey has had 6 fights in that time period, all championship fights against champion level HWs. 1-1 vs Ngannou, 2-1 vs DC, and finished former champ JDS in less than half a round. Any one of those guys (including Stipey) would have sent Feeder to the morgue.

Stipey had been trying to get the trilogy fight with Ngannou since 2022, but Ngannou had to get surgery after the Gane fight and sat out for the rest of the year then left for PFL. Stipey wanted to fight Jones for the vacant title, but the UFC wanted to give Jon an opponent with zero grappling. Then they tried to feed Stipey a no-name as a replacement, for a "number 1 contender" fight, after Jon got injured. His last 8 fights were HW title fights, he wasn't interested in that interim title.

Because Stipe is irrelevant, and his career is wildly overrated.

Dude has nothing but past it, way more mileage fossils on his record.
His actual record vs contemporary fighters is going 1-1 with Ngannu, and going back and forth with a DC aging before our eyes.

The sooner this overrated fossil crusher fucks off the happier I'll be.

LMAO @ anyone putting Stipe in any "GOAT" conversation.

This won't be a blemish on Stipe's record, he's not calling the shots, and who can blame him for taking the fight, as illegitimate as it is. This also won't hurt the UFC one bit, they're in the business of promoting entertainment masquerading as a sport and they've done equally as bad in the past. The only person this will hurt, ironically, is the person demanding the flight in the first place, Jon Jones. He has completely miscalculated his and Dana's ability to sell this shit sandwich and it will always be another asterisk on his blighted career

Mr. Stipey was ready to go last November when Jones cancelled out on him, not his fault. UFC wanted to keep him on ice for Jon's big "legacy fight". If anything, you Jones haters should be supporting Mr. Stipey and praying that he knocks Jon's face off and gets his show/win money plus the belt, who cares if he retires with it.

Personally, I think if Stipey beats Jones he'll stick around to unify the title with the winner of Blaydes vs Aspinall. Who wouldn't want to see that?

P.S. I'm on the "Conor McGregor Sobriety Regimen" tonight, in case anyone was wondering.
I’m against Jones cherry-picking a 42 year old retired fighter that hasn’t fought in 3 years who is coming off of a KO loss.
Stipe can have a payday but it shouldn’t be at the expense of the entire division; especially with a young, hungry, and ready Interim Champ being forced to wait and not get the chance to unify.
It’s even more comical that the Interim Champ will have defended the title before the “Undisputed” champ has.

This won't be a blemish on Stipe's record, he's not calling the shots, and who can blame him for taking the fight, as illegitimate as it is. This also won't hurt the UFC one bit, they're in the business of promoting entertainment masquerading as a sport and they've done equally as bad in the past. The only person this will hurt, ironically, is the person demanding the flight in the first place, Jon Jones. He has completely miscalculated his and Dana's ability to sell this shit sandwich and it will always be another asterisk on his blighted career
Wrong. Imagine if Jones loses to the fossil that is Stipe. This would hurt Tom and the UFC as he is the future and will have missed the opportunity to have the torch passed to him by potentially beating the “GOAT.”
I’m not buying Jones vs Stipe or Stipe vs Tom if Stipe wins, but would absolutely buy Jones vs Tom.

UFC is supposedly the best elite fighting institute, how can an old man who has not fought for more than two years fight against the so-called goat, ridiculous and scandalous

Back