The UFC heavily penalizes Thiago Silva for missing weight

Easy betting money to be made - bet against Thiago. People off weight are almost guaranteed to lose.

I wonder if its an injury. He seems injury ridden now with his back and such. I hope his skull isn't cracked...

Who gets the money? Hopefully Matt gets a good portion.

Mike Chiappetta MMA ‏@MikeChiappetta 1h

Per UFC, Thiago Silva could not drop the extra 2 pounds, so he forfeits 25 percent which goes to Matt Hamill.

Don't know about "heavily fined" I thought 25% was the standard for missing weight? And yes he should get axed either way lose axe, end of contract axe imo. He just don't give a shit no more.

yea, the fine for missing weight is worked out in contracts or by ACs, I assume.

Mover on up to Heavyweight. Bigfoot is waiting.

Thiago Silva has secured himself a permanent spot in the Hall of Shame as far as biggest hype prospects ending in washouts goes. Even if he wins this, he's gonna get himself permanently washed out at some point. Once he misses weight or has another fight end in NC, that's gonna be pretty much it. Which is a shame considering he has always had the potential to be a valuable addition to the UFC LW roster; I think his only losses are to guys who were top 4 at the time he fought them.

If he loses, I want him to have to face Bigfoot or get cut to be honest. Dude has messed up a few too many times, be done with it.

Let him go to Bellator.

C'mon Thiago, get it together. Two failed drug tests in the past 2 years and now missing weight. This is a must win fight for him.
Basically.

Even as a fan of his, this is understandable. Also, it's hard to remain a fan.

Aw, diddums. Can't say I have any sympathy for him at all.

How great would it be if he had Hammil really hurt in the first minute or so of the fight and instead of going to the finish he just took him down and lay and prayed.

just fucking cut him. I don't even know why people want to see him fight anymore.
He clearly doesn't give a shit anymore and is just there as long as he can to get paid cause there isn't anything else he can do.

When was the last time you were impressed by any of his fights?
If Cro Cop deserved retirement I don't see why Thiago doesn't.

This dude will be found dead of an OD in 5 to 10 years.

Dennis Hallman missed weight the last time he fought in the UFC, Won the fight, and was still cut. Thiago Silva, as much as he is an exciting fighting, should be cut win or lose.

just fucking cut him. I don't even know why people want to see him fight anymore.
He clearly doesn't give a shit anymore and is just there as long as he can to get paid cause there isn't anything else he can do.

When was the last time you were impressed by any of his fights?
If Cro Cop deserved retirement I don't see why Thiago doesn't.

This dude will be found dead of an OD in 5 to 10 years.

I do, he usually puts on fun fights and he impressed against Feijao. Guy seriously needs to get his shit together though, if he loses tomorrow i'd have no problem with him getting cut

UFC ‏@ufc
Update: Thiago Silva won't make weight, will be fined 25% of show money, not eligible for any finish bonuses #UFCFightNight

3rmozk.jpg

thor_6.gif

Don't think I've ever seen them preemptively deny someone finish bonuses. UFC is pissed

That little hammer tap is gay.

Fixed w/ Godblast:

3rmozk.jpg

otOwj.gif

Dennis Hallman missed weight the last time he fought in the UFC, Won the fight, and was still cut. Thiago Silva, as much as he is an exciting fighting, should be cut win or lose.

That was agasint Makdessi. He got anohter fihgt aftr thatagianst Tavares. He missed weight again & the fight was cancelled. Hewas cut butthey gave him his money becaus he was having personal problms.

I'm pretty sure the UFC said guys who fail their test, or miss weight will lose out on chance for a bonus.

20-25% is normal also.

Lemme get this straight..

There's a guy that failed TWO drug tests, doesn't make weight, and the UFC keeps him!?!?!

Yet they cut Yushin Okami??!?!?!

Way to go UFC... Way to freaking go...

Back