The UFC heavily penalizes Thiago Silva for missing weight

thought this was the norm? i know if you miss weight you weren't eligible for bonus at least that's how it was done before....i think

Isn't this standard? Everyone who misses weight is ineligible for post fight bonuses. I hope Silva is cut with a loss.

Isn't this standard? Everyone who misses weight is ineligible for post fight bonuses. I hope Silva is cut with a loss.
I remember it was SOP for dirty post tests but didn't remember it for missed weight.

Kinda defeats the purpose of the bonuses, providing more motivation for action fights...at least for Silva.

UFC acting as an unprofessional organization here

good move by the UFC

It was either he missed weight or tested positive for steroids

I'm hoping he loses so he gets cut and can really get his shit together

C'mon Thiago, get it together. Two failed drug tests in the past 2 years and now missing weight. This is a must win fight for him.

This probably contributes to them being upset at him.

let him go to Bellator
let him fight Quinton Jackson, that would be a thug fight

WTF is his issue?

I love Thiago but get it the fuck together.

He loves cake too much. The penalty is fair. If you can't be professional enough to honor your contract, expect some serious consequences.

It would be funny if that fight was FotN and they gave both bonuses to Hamill. Though I imagine it would just mean Thiago didnt get his share

If they get FOTN Hamill gets his share and Brian Caraway gets Thiago's forfeited portion.

If they get FOTN Hamill gets his share and Brian Caraway gets Thiago's forfeited portion.

Only if he goes on a rant about hating desserts and how he never even tried cake and Thiago's must have been a really expensive piece.

how much does a guy have to cheat before it becomes a problem?

And he only came in two lbs over weight. It's not like he's aAnthony Johnson...

He came in at 208, which is 3lb if you don't include the allowance, 2 if you do. He was given 1 hour to attempt to shed 2lb(he is not drawn out at 205... he has body fat hanging off of him and everything... he can cut 2lb of water in an hour and make weight.)

He REFUSED to even attempt the 2lb cut in an hour to make weight, hence he is fined.

That's three strikes now by my count.

It's pretty obvious the UFC is tired of dealing with Thiago's issues.

(Insert "well...bye" tombstone.gif)

Back