The UFC heavily penalizes Thiago Silva for missing weight

Thiago is a hard guy to be a fan of.. god damn.

Don't know about "heavily fined" I thought 25% was the standard for missing weight? And yes he should get axed either way lose axe, end of contract axe imo. He just don't give a shit no more.

Anywhere between 10-25% seems to be the norm, but I've never see them deny someone any finish bonuses. They're automatically taking away his chance at 50k for KOTN or 50k for SOTN and any bonus locker room bonuses for a finish.

And for a guy like Thiago, on a card like this, he was the likely candidate to win one of those OTN awards

So basically Thiago's losing 13.75k right off the bat from his show money,the potential to earn an extra 50k in an OTN award, and whatever other bonus the UFC might have given him for a finish. That's pretty harsh

And he only came in two lbs over weight. It's not like he's aAnthony Johnson...

I hope he loses so we dont have to see that stupid throat cutting thing he does
when he wins.

Don't know about "heavily fined" I thought 25% was the standard for missing weight? And yes he should get axed either way lose axe, end of contract axe imo. He just don't give a shit no more.

no 10% is standard

It's not like Thiago had any chance in the fight anyway. He's fighting the guy that gave Jon Jones his only loss.

Hammer gonna Hammer.

Lol I completely forgot Matt Hammill's nickname was the Hammer when I put the Thor stuff in the OP

Anywhere between 10-25% seems to be the norm, but I've never see them deny someone any finish bonuses. They're automatically taking away his chance at 50k for KOTN or 50k for SOTN and any bonus locker room bonuses for a finish.

And for a guy like Thiago, on a card like this, he was the likely candidate to win one of those OTN awards

So basically Thiago's losing 13.75k right off the bat from his show money,the potential to earn an extra 50k in an OTN award, and whatever other bonus the UFC might have given him for a finish. That's pretty harsh

Yeah good points and he would have had a decent chance at a FOTN or KOTN bonus on this card as well.

And he only came in two lbs over weight. It's not like he's aAnthony Johnson...

No, but his history is worse than AJ's, just in a different way. In his last 7, he has as many NC due to PEDs as he has wins, plus 3 losses.

I will laugh like hell if he pisses hot or non-human post fight.

AJ fucked up and missed weight badly, but he never looked like he wasn't trying to make it. And he never pissed hot.

seriously unpro of him to keep having all these problems. guys blowing his career. get it together

Don't think I've ever seen them preemptively deny someone finish bonuses. UFC is pissed

I think Anthony Johnson was denied finish bonuses at UFC 104 after he missed weight against Yoshiyuki Yoshida. He weighed in at least 5 pounds heavier than the limit if I remember correctly.

Last 6 fights: loss, failed drug test, loss, failed drug test, win, missed weight.

Safe to say a cut is definitely on the table if he loses

That's ok. IMO, the UFC has too many Silva's. It's confusing for some of us casuals.

20% is what I've always read. Not being able to get fight night bonuses as well as the possibility of being cut is quite harsh, but certainly warranted.

I think it's 20%. Yea this is crazy though.

Wow the guy's so exciting to watch, but he's so dumb. He has talent and knock out power but he keeps fucking up, it's like he doesn't even care. 2 failed drug tests and now misses weight. What a shame.

Back