The UFC heavily penalizes Thiago Silva for missing weight

His non-cut is just testing the waters for his HW fight with Bigfoot. :D

Would be fun.

Has anyone ever been denied fight of the night bonus ahead of time? Is this new?

why so many of u want one of the most exciting guys in the weight class to be cut I can't understand.
He needs to tighten up sure but gtfo with that bs

why so many of u want one of the most exciting guys in the weight class to be cut I can't understand.
He needs to tighten up sure but gtfo with that bs

Seriously, Silva is a balls out fighter hell bent on a finish. I wouldn't want to see him cut. But if he is, he'll be a nice addition to Bellator or WSOF.

The rule should be 20% of purse and 1 point deduction in fight.

This problems even worse at the lower levels of fighting. My first pro fight the guy missed weight by 11 lbs and I just got 20% of his purse. Which basically came out to $60 extra for fighting a guy whose next fight was 2 weight classes above.

Penalize in the actual fights and people will miss weight less.

The rule should be 20% of purse and 1 point deduction in fight.

This problems even worse at the lower levels of fighting. My first pro fight the guy missed weight by 11 lbs and I just got 20% of his purse. Which basically came out to $60 extra for fighting a guy whose next fight was 2 weight classes above.

Penalize in the actual fights and people will miss weight less.
I like that idea.

fuck...... i was really hoping this guy would turn things around. He needs to win this.

Thiago will probably be gone after this fight, win or lose.

He's already blown it with failed drug tests, the UFC has lost their sense of humor when it comes to Silva. If he loses this fight I bet he gets cut.

He might be better off anyways. In the UFC he'll never be more than a journeyman/gatekeeper but I could see him becoming champion in Bellator or another smaller organization.

Will he still be eligible for his win bonus? His last disclosed pay was 55k/55k (from UFC 125).

Hopefully his team have spent the last 24 hours drumming into him how he won't get these sorts of earning opportunities elsewhere.

I will be so disappointed in him if he loses to 2013 Matt Hamill.

That's it. If he loses, cut him. If he wins but the fight is boring, cut him. This is ridiculous.

Maybe it's time to stop cutting and start even lifting, bro. If you can't make 206, then stay the hell at 230 and back up that Bigfoot jibber-jabber.

Yeah he'll be cut if he loses, but I don't think he loses against Hammil tonight

Easily? That would be true normally, but he probably already cut a shit load of weight as it is. Sometimes your body refuses to sweat any more and you are just going to pass the fuck out if you keep going.

I believe so. As I said, Thiago was never super ripped and his genetics make him look a little wider. He didn't look too much different than he usually does. A bit more water retention and a little fat around the lower stomach and hips.

That's why I'm thinking he is ill or injured. He def had weight to lose just by looking at him. He's old and he def had the sweat and the weight to lose. Thats an easy two pounds of flab.

I'm a cutting athlete, I know how shitty it is to cut to make weight and etc. I've passed out before and I've seen a ton of people suffer the same fate.

But that my friend is an easy two pounds to lose. In no way is he 100%. I don't think its a sweat problem, I think its an injury or illness issue. We will find out in a few hours.

Back