The UFC heavily penalizes Thiago Silva for missing weight

fair enough imo. Professional fighters should be held to professional standards and if the only way they will learn is through the hip pocket then so be it.

Who gets the money? Hopefully Matt gets a good portion.

is Hamill also ineligible for a Fight of the Night bonus?

Come on Thiago, still a must win for Thiago despite his last victory, anyway looking forward to watching Thiago fight, he should get a UD or TKO in the 3rd.

Nice to see a lot of people crying about the weight issue.

This is not the first time he has missed weight if I recall correctly. Him being penailized is justfully done I think

UFC ‏@ufc
Update: Thiago Silva won't make weight, will be fined 25% of show money, not eligible for any finish bonuses #UFCFightNight

3rmozk.jpg

thor_6.gif

Don't think I've ever seen them preemptively deny someone finish bonuses. UFC is pissed

is Hamill also ineligible for a Fight of the Night bonus?

It's a good bet he won't get it unless he dominates Thiago, but no, only Thiago is ineligible. Why would they penalize Matt for fighting a guy who didn't make weight?

It would be a nice F U for Dana to award it, then say that Thiago doesn't get his portion because he fucked up though.

He'll probably get cut if he loses. Then we'll probably finally see Thiago Silva vs Rampage... in Bellator. Can't say I'd be mad at that.

that's kinda weak.. for a punishment. it should be atleast 50% of his purse and win bonus goes to his opponent regardless.

How much did he miss weight by?

Don't know about "heavily fined" I thought 25% was the standard for missing weight? And yes he should get axed either way lose axe, end of contract axe imo. He just don't give a shit no more.
I'm pretty sure it's a 10% fine most of the time. And being denied a win bonus even in the event of an awesome performance is pretty harsh, too.

His knockout of Rafael Cavalcante was definitely brutal, but yeah, he must really be on thin ice right now. I know he cuts from 230lbs... maybe heavyweight would be best for him?

I dont thin he loses. I think he knocks Hamill out.

Damn, and I was hoping he would go on a streak. Not a good way to keep your job.

Back