The UFC asks you to put together a matchup that results in a huge upset. Which matchup do you make?

Ngannou vs literally anyone. People are riding his dick way too hard and forget that he’s a one trick pony that can’t fight more than 2 rounds. Someone with good fight IQ like Jones would expose him big time.

Pick the biggest underdog that you think would win a fight against a much higher ranked fighter. They don’t necessarily have to be better all round, but maybe their style could cause a problem or they have Hail Mary KO power.

which matchup do you make?

Fun idea. Will need to think about it. First instinct is to think about whether there are any top ranked guys susceptible to wrestling, or huge power or something.

Maybe Niko Price vs Leon or something? Leon prefers a slower, contained pace and would probably not get a stoppage so he’d be there to be hit for 3-5 rounds.

Perhaps Gillespie or Lee vs Conor, to the extent that even counts anymore.

If it’s just pure rank gap you want, I think despite the Craig loss Hill could potentially knock Glover out.

Barboza might have an outside chance against Volk? Volk didn’t do much against Aldo and at this point I think Barboza is a more effective striker and wouldn’t fail to pull the trigger as badly. Might just get clinched and lose a boring decision but can’t think of a better one at FW.

There’s always the prospects who may be better already than their rank but I don’t think that’s what the question was getting at. I could see Topuria beating lots of top FWs and possibly Chikadze as well, so you could put them in with anyone and have a shot. Chimaev is too obvious to mention at WW or MW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back