The UFC asks you to put together a matchup that results in a huge upset. Which matchup do you make?

Pick the biggest underdog that you think would win a fight against a much higher ranked fighter. They don’t necessarily have to be better all round, but maybe their style could cause a problem or they have Hail Mary KO power.

which matchup do you make?

Curtis Blaydes vs Jon Jones. Jon doest have Lewis or Ngannou fire power to knock Blaydes out and it would be interesting to see if he could hold off a wrestler bigger than him.

FLW: Matheus Nicolau over Brandon Moreno
BW: Merab Dvalishvili over Petr Yan/Aljamain Sterling
FW: Movsar Evloev over Alexander Volkanovski
LW: Dan Hooker over Charlie Olives
WW: Sean Brady over Kamaru Usman
MW: Luke Rockhold over Israel Adesanya
LHW: Paul Craig over Jan Blachowicz
HW: Jan Blachowicz over Francis Ngannou
Man no way rockhold beats izzy
He'd be taking a trip back to his home in the shadow realm and we'd be blessed with another glorious rocksalt knockout

Five years ago, I honestly would have said Diaz-McGregor.

This thread only applies to hypetrains. Because hypetrains, people think the guy is practically unbeatable (e.g. Conor 2016).
Chimaev is a hypetrain, but I don't think anyone would be surprised to see him lose.
Ngannou, but we seen him lose already.
Usman, but I think everyone knows he is a product more of his style than he is that unbeatable.
I guess Adesanya is the closest there is to a "unbeatable" guy at 185. But again, I don't think we would be surprised if he loses to anybody. This sport is pretty wacky.

I’m not a Conor hater but just about anyone with good grappling beats him, no?

You think Nate beats Usman? How?
I dont, but thats the point of it, if it happens it will be the biggest upset ever, he could get the job done that he wasnt able with Leon, some slick sub on the ground, i DONT think he would, but thats what the upset is all about

Carla esparza vs Rose namajunas
slack-imgs-1.com.0.0.jpeg

url

Oliveria vs Nate
DC vs Francis
Usman vs Wonderboy
Cruz vs whoever the champ is
Rumble vs Jones

There's a lot. I think I'm listing fights that you would get good odds on...

Pick the biggest underdog that you think would win a fight against a much higher ranked fighter. They don’t necessarily have to be better all round, but maybe their style could cause a problem or they have Hail Mary KO power.

which matchup do you make?
Khamzat vs Adesanya

I dont think it would be any easier for Aldo this time around,as competitive as that last fight was. They are just gonna cover up whatever holes Yan had and exploit Aldo's existing ones. It was really good experience for Yan,to fight someone that good,and win.

Im a big fan of both guys tho.
Very true. I'm becoming more of a fan of Yan as well. But since Aldo winning would be a huge upset, that's the upset I would love to happen.

Back