• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

the tv show 2 broke girls

Dont see how anyone can watch major network TV and not feel like a complete tool.

I honestly stopped watching when Cheers Ended.

Missed:

Seinfeld
Friends
Survivor
All the stupid talent shows
dont even know where to go from there...

The last show I was into that was on A network was Buffy , greatest show of all time.

But that's different

I have cable but Have not browsed the lower channel in over a decade.

You missed Seinfeld? Thats too bad. It was the quintessential sitcom of the 90s. The Cheers of its day. Arguably The Simpsons can trump it, but its still running and perhaps has stayed around too long, Seinfeld went out on top. Friends was just a lesser Seinfeld clone for a female audience.

I hear you TS. I watched an episode of this like 3 months ago for the first time ever. It was definitely the worst sitcom I've ever seen. I don't find the 2 girls to be all that hot either. I mean I wouldn't kick either of them out of bed, but they're not sexy enough to make me watch that abomination of a show.

687.gif

I occasionally watch Kat Dennings breasts. I ignore the show that is in the background.

You missed Seinfeld? Thats too bad. It was the quintessential sitcom of the 90s. The Cheers of its day. Arguably The Simpsons can trump it, but its still running and perhaps has stayed around too long, Seinfeld went out on top. Friends was just a lesser Seinfeld clone for a female audience.

I probably would have liked it considering im a huge Larry David fan

Seinfeld is my favorite. Not e exaggerating when I say I can probably recrite every episode

FACT- women aren't funny.

I used to think this 100% but honestly Kristen Wiig totally won me over as did Mo Collins (underrated and I don't know what the heck she's doing now). Also Amy Poehler's quite funny (but not as much as the other's). It took foreeeeeever for any girl comics to get the fact that the funniest acts and movies are where comics don't take themselves seriously.

Anyway, like I said, Wiig is the best and Collins not far off.

Also, what Two Broke Girls was TRYING to be, was a modern Lavern and Shirley which was a smash hit sitcom. But Two Broke Girls relies on dirty humor and lacks heart and true wit which the former comedy had in spades (at least for back then).

I actually just binge-watched all 4 season few weeks ago.

I guess you guys missed Sophie's epis. Stifler's mum anyone? She is the real star of the show and I giggles everytime she makes an appearance. She and Oleg are the only funny part of the show shortly after S2.

HEY GIRLS~
tumblr_mhb84i23I11s4w31ao1_500.gif

tumblr_ndlr6x9JEV1u0tp9vo1_500.gif

tumblr_mhm5f6Bci81qhp1v5o1_500.gif

tumblr_mv4zn6XaeN1s809ido1_r2_250.gif

OMG... Kaczynski... wooo yeah.

EDIT:

I actually just binge-watched all 4 season few weeks ago.

I guess you guys missed Sophie's epis. Stifler's mum anyone? She is the real star of the show and I giggles everytime she makes an appearance. She and Oleg are the only funny part of the show shortly after S2.

HEY GIRLS~
tumblr_mhb84i23I11s4w31ao1_500.gif

tumblr_ndlr6x9JEV1u0tp9vo1_500.gif

tumblr_mhm5f6Bci81qhp1v5o1_500.gif

tumblr_mv4zn6XaeN1s809ido1_r2_250.gif

OMG... Kaczynski... wooo yeah.

EDIT:

Haha, actually you're right . . . Have only seen the show maybe half a dozen times and she's the best part. Good call.

I used to think this 100% but honestly Kristen Wiig totally won me over as did Mo Collins (underrated and I don't know what the heck she's doing now). Also Amy Poehler's quite funny (but not as much as the other's). It took foreeeeeever for any girl comics to get the fact that the funniest acts and movies are where comics don't take themselves seriously.

Anyway, like I said, Wiig is the best and Collins not far off.
I think Tina Fey is the godmother figure of comedians for this generation of women, and it's apropos that I think she was the one who cracked the nut. When asked what she thought was different between male and female comedy, she replied, "I think male comedy is more....boisterous." She then went on to talk about how female comedy focuses on minutiae and character, etc. Thing is that comedy sucks, and the precise reason this generation of female comedians is breaking out with male comedians is precisely because they figured out that boisterous comedy= funny comedy. Look at what they do. It's all outrageous, over-the-top, boisterous and often cartoonish comedy.

Nobody gives a shit how much thought you put into a joke if it doesn't make you laugh. Carole Burnett and Betty White understood this a long, long time ago.

I think Tina Fey is the godmother figure of comedians for this generation of women, and it's apropos that I think she was the one who cracked the nut. When asked what she thought was different between male and female comedy, she replied, "I think male comedy is more....boisterous." She then went on to talk about how female comedy focuses on minutiae and character, etc. Thing is that comedy sucks, and the precise reason this generation of female comedians is breaking out with male comedians is precisely because they figured out that boisterous comedy= funny comedy. Look at what they do. It's all outrageous, over-the-top, boisterous and often cartoonish comedy.

Nobody gives a shit how much thought you put into a joke if it doesn't make you laugh. Carole Burnett and Betty White understood this a long, long time ago.

Interesting, and that second paragraph really helped your point (Carol Burnett was such a first-rate comic of that generation; I can't say a ton about White as I really only knew her from The Wonder Girls and Hot in Cleveland). Personally, however, I'm not a huge fan of Fey (and it's probably just me), but for some reason she strikes me as a little self-congratulatory in her presentation. But I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise because obviously you think pretty highly of her. It might be partly a personal thing. Regardless, in general it seems like female comedy has gotten really good in the last 6 or 7 years and I think you are right that it became more boisterous - I've never heard it described that way before. Something changed and in that sense it was that group of Fey, Poehler and even Mia Rudolf that seemed to get things steered aright (though I will give Mo Collins credit on Mad TV too). And then for me anyway, Wiig took the ball and hit it out of the park.

Oh and Anna Farris is likeable and funny too IMO.

Interesting, and that second paragraph really helped your point (Carol Burnett was such a first-rate comic of that generation; I can't say a ton about White as I really only knew her from The Wonder Girls and Hot in Cleveland). Personally, however, I'm not a huge fan of Fey (and it's probably just me), but for some reason she strikes me as a little self-congratulatory in her presentation. But I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise because obviously you think pretty highly of her. It might be partly a personal thing. Regardless, in general it seems like female comedy has gotten really good in the last 6 or 7 years and I think you are right that it became more boisterous - I've never heard it described that way before. Something changed and in that sense it was that group of Fey, Poehler and even Mia Rudolf that seemed to get things steered aright (though I will give Mo Collins credit on Mad TV too). And then for me anyway, Wiig took the ball and hit it out of the park.
Fey is the trailblazer. She was the head writer of the SNL tenure that saw the rise of all these female stars in this generation of comedy: Poehler, Wiig, Rudolph, Dratch. You can tell she was just a natural leader who yoked not just these women, but the entire cast, and really produced a stronger SNL collaborative spirit than we have witnessed in any other SNL generation. She even made it okay for female comedians to be as attractive as possible.

Take Poehler. Did you watch her when she first came onto the show? Then watch her after she has a season under her belt next to Fey on Weekend Update. She absolutely bloomed, and you could just tell that confidence and excitement was like a kid sibling who finds a mentor and suddenly realized that she is empowered to become the best version of herself. She had this sudden enthusiasm that she could tell jokes with a message that were worth telling and simultaneously funny. As long as Tina was there things would be fine. Jimmy Fallon, too. Seth Myers just picked up the tone of the Weekend Update that Tina created and ran with it. He didn't try to renovate the style the way all previous hosts have (Spade, Neiland, Norm, Colin, etc.) Everybody since her has just done a Tiny Fey version of Weekend Update.

It spins out. Melissa McCarthy capitalized on her stint in Wiig's Bridesmaids to become one of the most popular comedians today. This forum loves to hate Amy Schumer, but her drunk feminist persona is just the sorority slut version of the non-bitchy feminist comedian persona Fey carved out: smart, informed, incisive, sarcastic, but not pretentious or hostile (as opposed to the Janeane Garofalos of the world). There is an emphasis on political comedy, too, that female comedians historically have always eschewed unless they were obnoxious types like Garofalo.

Whoever one prefers I see them all as disciples of Fey. I think Wiig is a more talented performer, certainly, but Fey is hands down the best writer, and really sort of the architect of this loose school/movement in the early 21st century.

She's sort of the female Jon Stewart: king and queen of Gen X comedy.

I watched the first few episodes but couldn't keep going. Dennings was the only thing that kept me going as long as I had.

The one slutty chick is pretty awesome in that show.

I try watching a few episodes of every new show when it first comes out and I probably quit watching that show after about 4 or 5. I've noticed a disturbing trend on Network television. The shows I like get canceled and the ones I don't like go on season after season.

Last night I was checking for new Network shows and I was disappointed at the selection of crap they had on.

Other chick not getting ANY love. I have to admit, i like her taste in shirts

141106_2825050_Beth_Behrs__5th_Grad.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back