The strange newly found GSP hate on Sherdog

You are so fucking stupid.

It's laughable he doesn't take Jake Shields to the mat? Do I have to tell why that is stupid? You like action, but this is a tactical sport. You can find GSP boring, but "laughable" for avoiding grapping Jake Shields?

You're stupid.

It was fight of the year.

You're stupid.

And won every second, nearly ripping his arm off twice. Why does he have to stand with Dan Hardy?

You're stupid.

The first fight was GSP's closest fight, then he DEMOLISHED Josh Koscheck. What did Josh go for? He stood back with his big hand, doing NOTHING and GSP gave him nothing to counter. Josh waited for GSP, and GSP didn't let him. That was Josh Koscheck's worst being in their second fight. He damage that lasted months in his face. His nerves are forever fucked up in his face.

You're stupid.

Nobody cares, because you're stupid. You can find GSP boring. Nobody can tell you are wrong.

GSP is laughable? You're too stupid to be a MMA fan. Where they just swing arms and hit each other.

It is well established that bjpenngoat is too stupid for words. Clearly still can't get over GSP damn near killing his boy.

Ill give you guys a perfect example of why gsp is laughed at by most fans, especially anderson, fedor and even Bones fans if there are any left. Gsp fights jake sheidls what does he do, he jabs him to death instead of testing his abilities on the ground with a world class grappler.
Gsp fights Condit, he stands for a round and a half and what happens the minute he felt that head kick he went into safety mode and put on an absolutely DREADFUL performance.
gsp fights the always dangerous DAn Hardy what does he do, takes the fight to the ground instantly to avoid any stand up.
gsp fights Koscheck- jabs his eye out in under a minute and never goes for anything more than that when 100 guys finished Josh after that fight with relative ease.
Alves same thing, thiago is a .500 fighter at best. GSP made him look like a title contender.

My definition of domination is much different than many on Sherdog. It consists of beating your opponent everywhere in the octogon and finishing the fight when the opportunity presents itself. Listen MAia isnt a K1 champ but he finishes his fights in spectacular fashion without having to prove his worth in the stand up. If georges was an ace bjj player and finished guys on the ground he wouldnt have ONE hater. But he didnt.

Fedor, Anderson and Bones dominated the fights everywhere and yes they were in some crazy wars because they fought BETTER competition and they didnt fight scared.

Who in their right mind thinks that pounding on an opponent's weakness is something negative? WTF

It's also funny that you name so many ways GSP was able to beat his opponent, and don't even realize that it means he had many tools to beat the other guy and pretty much no weakness for the other guy to beat him.

I honestly feel that gsp fans are forcing themselves to keep talking about this guy. why the hell would you even talk about him when you have such amazing talent and excitement in the ww division right now. Who would rather see gsp pull a clothed Dakota Cochrane on somebody when they can watch Twood, Condit, Wonderboy, Rory, ROBBIE, Maia, hell even Magny, Kelvin and Gunnar are way more exciting. Then you have Tumenov, Larkin, Taleb...all of whom bring so much excitment to the cage. Gsp brings a name and thats it. Dude looked like a panic wrestling punching bag against hendricks.

If you've been on the forum long enough, you know it happens to everybody. At one point Wanderlei was the move beloved fighter on this forum. Nog also, i remember when posters didnt' even want Nog to be shooped after a loss. Now these fighters are "jokes" and hated. Blame it on the new members that just started getting into mma and think they know everything.

I find people hating GSP to be hilarious. But it's a good way to sort out who to take seriously.

An absence of respect is the hallmark of this generation. Hate is de rigueur these days. It's cooler than respect.

no he has a shit ton of detractors because of the way he laid on top of guys for 25 minutes doing absolutely nothing and getting his hand raised time and time again. Dude would walk to the cage in the most badass Gi making you think he was something out of Bloodsport and he fought like a boring wrestler that had a penchant for dry humping.

Damn, still salty that GSP crushed your "goat" 2 times?
latest

And don't exaggerate, GSP had a few boring LNP fights, but not so many.
Dan Hardy? Nick Diaz? Jack Shield?
Who else?
And the fact that GSP spent 25mn in the octagon with Shield & Diaz and was never in danger of getting submitted is impressive in itself. The wins were a nice bonus, sure.

Haters gonna hate because Georges is the UFC GOAT, but if BJ accomplished what GSP did in the Diaz&Shields his nutthuggers would be praising him like the sun.

Every fighters has a few "boring" fights, but when you're the UFC GOAT even if you win, scrawny nerds will find ways to shit on you, whatever you do.

Welcome to MMA.

It happened to Royce, Saku, Big Nog, Hughes, BJ, Fedor, Anderson, GSP & Aldo.

It will happen to Jones and Mighty Mouse also.

Don't forget Wanderlei, when I created my 1st account here he was a huge fans favorite, now he was "never than good in retrospective", "fought only cans", etc etc...

Crocop, Randy Couture and Shogun were also guys who were untouchable here, but then they joined the "was actually never that good" club.

And people have been hating on Jones forever, the MM hate is kinda new though... same with Mark Hunt, the hate is fresh.

Is there any fighter without his posse of haters on sherdog nowadays?
I've even seen a bunch of hateful comments towards Sakuraba semi-recently, I never thought I would see this day happen...

He ducked Anderson for years because Silva was too big, but now he wants to fight Bisping in the same weight class. He beat some good fighters at WW and has a legacy as being dominant, but he got KTFO'd by Serra. He got outstruck by Jake Shields in a close fight, head-kicked to near Bolivian by Condit. Then he lost (in most educated opinions) to Hendricks. He had a great run, but later in his career he saw fighters and camps evolve, and he went from being GOAT contender to kind of just another guy, winning close fights, staying alive, winning split decisions, etc. In his final fights he was no different from Lawler, just surviving by the skin of his teeth.

Then Robbie became champ and GSP kept talking about wanting to come back, but every time Robbie defended, GSP kind of ran behind the curtain for a little while. Then literally THE DAY AFTER Robbie lost, GSP said he'd come back to fight Woodley. Robbie is an animal and I wouldn't want to fight him either, but seriously? Definitely not GOAT behavior to obviously duck a champ.

I hope that answers your question. I am far from a GSP hater and pulled for him in every fight up until the decision was read in the Hendricks fight. I'd love to have GSP back. He's entertaining (I love good wrestling and timing), and he's super likable. But he's content to rely on his reputation instead of proving himself against the best. He clearly ducked Anderson and Robbie. He's a great fighter who walked out of the room when the going got tough. He won't be in the conversation for best ever because of his own timidity.

I don't know OP. I can acknowledge the fact that GSP is the greatest WW of all time. His skills to date has been unmatched in the division. Almost always in shape, sharp, brilliant, a great all around champion who kept trying to improve. You can't really ask much more from someone of his caliber. So I respect him a lot.

With that being said; I hated how he accused the sport of being juiced up, then he tried to pressure two opponents into taking a test. Basically hinted at them being on PEDS and then he retired before USADA policies came into place.

A lot of fans wanted to see him face Anderson Silva in his prime. GSP didn't really want it, so I can respect his wishes.

Years later he has been hinting of coming back. The first person he calls out is Micheal Bisping, lol? Seems odd. He also didn't say a word about Lawler. Was it because of a lack of interest in the 170lb? Probably not. Now he's calling out Tyron Woodly, Odd.

Any who... I don't hate GSP at all. But it's true, he has always been hated for one thing or another

With that being said; I hated how he accused the sport of being juiced up, then he tried to pressure two opponents into taking a test. Basically hinted at them being on PEDS and then he retired before USADA policies came into place.

[...]

Years later he has been hinting of coming back. The first person he calls out is Micheal Bisping, lol? Seems odd. He also didn't say a word about Lawler. Was it because of a lack of interest in the 170lb? Probably not. Now he's calling out Tyron Woodly, Odd.

Any who... I don't hate GSP at all. But it's true, he has always been hated for one thing or another

GSP, like all great fighters, has received some hate but unless I'm really out of the loop, the first things you talked about, never heard anyone criticize him just for that.
At the time fans were happy that GSP said his mind about PEDs.
"finally, a high-profile fighter addressing the elephant in the room! #cleanMMA"

Then Anderson got busted, so all of sudden a big section of the forum changed their opinion about PEDs
=> "meh who care everyone is using anyway, AS is still the GOAT"

And the second point, indeed GSP, a WW, is getting some hate for calling out the champion of the MW division, but GSP is so good that even with the size difference and the 3 years of ring rust, some morons call Georges a coward for mentioning this fight.
Imagine a MW so dominant than even after a 3 years break he asks for the LWH champion as a come back fight.
People would be all over it, "the balls on this guy, wow"

But St-Pierre is one of the exceptions I guess.

Same for the current WW champ, some haters were furious than Lawler never got called out by GSP, now he is open to a fight with the guy who just smoked Robbie under 2 min, and predictably...
=> "wow GSP is a coward for not calling out the guy who just got KO'd and calling out the dude who did tje deed"

It's not GSP's fault that Lawler was not a contender while he was the champion; bad timing.

hate is not accurate. We long time fans of his have every right to look at his opponent selection with mild skepticism.

no he has a shit ton of detractors because of the way he laid on top of guys for 25 minutes doing absolutely nothing and getting his hand raised time and time again. Dude would walk to the cage in the most badass Gi making you think he was something out of Bloodsport and he fought like a boring wrestler that had a penchant for dry humping.
Hate to say this since I like bj too but he beat the shit out of Bj in the rematch until bj couldn't continue. Is that doing nothing?

GSP has the most overrated resume in MMA history.

His wins consist of beating one dimensional fighters or blown up LWs. The first person who could actually wrestle and strike sent him to retirement.

His resume looks overrated because he was that much ahead of the game for so long, but I don't like him because he WAS so much better and 100% risk adverse.

How do you stay awake watching his fights?
Come on, GSP is no Arona.
I would be surprised if you guys, out of his 27 pro fights, could think of 5 legit boring bouts involving GSP in less than 10 seconds.

Come on, GSP is no Arona.
I would be surprised if you guys, out of his 27 pro fights, could think of 5 legit boring bouts involving GSP in less than 10 seconds.

Oh i will take you up on that for sure and of all the fights that I do not list it is not because of Georges that the fights were exciting it was becaue of the other guy.

Nick Diaz
Shields
rounds 3-5 vs Condit
Alves
Hardy
Koscheck I & II
BJ II

Pretty much every single fight after the Serra KO.

How this guy is in any GOAT conversation is an absolute JOKE.

Back