The strange newly found GSP hate on Sherdog

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Edit: After getting a bunch of "its not new" replies in here from people who probably didnt even read the post : This is about the new REASON people are hating on him.

First let me say i was never particularly a GSP fan.... so this isnt me trying to defend people i like. And I dont have any problems with him either.

But i am baffled by the hate around here today. And quite frankly the most posted thing is something along:
"I cant stand the GSP is coming back talk anymore. Just stay retired and STFU. He is such an attention whore"

And im here asking myself what the fuck!?!?! Because, in part, i can understand the feeling. But people are blaming the wrong person.

If there is anyone to blame for this being a dead horse subject is this man:
179002_146_news_hub_155975_677x251.jpg

Its because of this guy and his canadian fandom for GSP that this thing is brought up all the time. He keeps pushing for it, and cant stop talking about it.

No wonder the article came out on MMAfighting.

I do agree that it has become annoying, but its GSP who is getting the hate, when in fact its not even his fault.

Ariel is so crazy about this. Just look at this article section:
"When contacted by MMAFighting.com on Sunday about whether he would be interested in fighting Woodley, St-Pierre replied, via text message, "Yes." Asked again whether he wanted the fight, St-Pierre replied, "Yes."

Do you really need to ask the same thing 2 times in a row? Ariel is so excited that he cant even believe he got a yes reply.

What is going on sherdog?

Yesteday the threads were "UFC is dying, no more starts"
Today is "Fuck GSP, we dont want him back"

Go figure....

Last edited:
People don't like fighters skipping their favorite fighters in line for title shots no matter how much of a legend they are

Gsp is the GOAT.

being the GOAT brings a lot of haterz

Everything seems new with a 2015 join date

People don't like fighters skipping their favorite fighters in line for title shots no matter how much of a legend they are
mmmm... who is skipping who though?

And i though GSP was a favorite here on sherdogs.

Everything seems new with a 2015 join date
that would not be an accurate representation of my time here, but suit yourself, since i cant really prove it :)

Agree, it's hate for hates sake.

If you can't acknowledge what gsp has done your a lemming IMO. Guys a certified legend

no he has a shit ton of detractors because of the way he laid on top of guys for 25 minutes doing absolutely nothing and getting his hand raised time and time again. Dude would walk to the cage in the most badass Gi making you think he was something out of Bloodsport and he fought like a boring wrestler that had a penchant for dry humping.

He has always had a strong hate following since his fight with Penn.

It comes up in every interview he does, and he has been talking about a comeback for, what, two years at this point? More? He won't shut up about coming back and just come back.
Plus he bailed after getting a decision win that he shouldn't have gotten, and talked a ton of smack about PED's, but retired just before stricter tests became a thing.

no he has a shit ton of detractors because of the way he laid on top of guys for 25 minutes doing absolutely nothing and getting his hand raised time and time again. Dude would walk to the cage in the most badass Gi making you think he was something out of Bloodsport and he fought like a boring wrestler that had a penchant for dry humping.

And you are a BB? These boards have turned to shit when MMA became more mainstream. You may not like his style but you can't argue with the results. Lay and pray lol. You fight the best of the best most of your career and see how you do.

They hate GSP because he's black. MMA fans are so racist... I mean that's the only reason fans can dislike a fighter, right Woodley fans?

Newly found... are you fucking kidding?

This shit is as old as GSP' career.

Fuck these haters. And yes... The Rassler... I'm talking to you.

The tears you will cry as I down a bottle of Dom Perignon.

dealwithit.gif

I think its because of his annoying fans saying he's the GOAT.

I like GSP, used to be a fan (not so much towards the end, because of his cautiousness and the way he left, many felt he lost the fight and escaped instead of giving hendricks a rematch)

he is one of the 3 potential Goats, him anderson and fedor are in the discussion, but his brainwashed fans endlessely put the 2 others down because they think it makes him look better.

I think the order is Fedor n°1 then anderson then GSP, but I don't need to undermine GSP's accomplishements because of that, and I aknowledge he has points in his favour too.

He made them look like amateurs. GSP = true skills.

It is sherdog logic:
Fighters who grapple are boring because they do not finish all their fights via KO
Fighters on win streaks fight a bunch of has beens/cans
When they lose they were never that good to begin with (refer to last point)
Shertards must also find any reason to hate on GOATS like GSP, Anderson etc That is just the way it is on the internet my friend

It's not new, it's been going on since he beat Hughes, then BJ. His haters are mostly butt-hurt Hughes and BJ fans.

Back