The strange newly found GSP hate on Sherdog

How is silva still in the running with a failed steroids test? I am not a huge fan of fedor ducking the ufc but at least he has never tested positive...

you see, this is why the hate towards GSP.
when fedor was fighting in pride, he best HW in the world were there. you saying he ducked is an attempt to undermine his accomplishements, when he refused to go to the UFC he had already accomplished enough to be the goat.
as for anderson, he failed a test for one fight, but since you bring it up, be fair, he tested negative for his other fights, and his title run, so I assume he was clean then. and his title run is more impressive than what GSP did in my eyes.
if you say that even though he didn't test positive before, he was already doped, then I can assume as well that gsp was doped and not caught, and had a great timing for his departure.
all in all, shitting on other fighters to elevate your favourite is lame and the reason for a good part of the hate towards GSP, and same for some other fighters who also have stupid fans.

Ill give you guys a perfect example of why gsp is laughed at by most fans, especially anderson, fedor and even Bones fans if there are any left. Gsp fights jake sheidls what does he do, he jabs him to death instead of testing his abilities on the ground with a world class grappler.
Gsp fights Condit, he stands for a round and a half and what happens the minute he felt that head kick he went into safety mode and put on an absolutely DREADFUL performance.
gsp fights the always dangerous DAn Hardy what does he do, takes the fight to the ground instantly to avoid any stand up.
gsp fights Koscheck- jabs his eye out in under a minute and never goes for anything more than that when 100 guys finished Josh after that fight with relative ease.
Alves same thing, thiago is a .500 fighter at best. GSP made him look like a title contender.

My definition of domination is much different than many on Sherdog. It consists of beating your opponent everywhere in the octogon and finishing the fight when the opportunity presents itself. Listen MAia isnt a K1 champ but he finishes his fights in spectacular fashion without having to prove his worth in the stand up. If georges was an ace bjj player and finished guys on the ground he wouldnt have ONE hater. But he didnt.

Fedor, Anderson and Bones dominated the fights everywhere and yes they were in some crazy wars because they fought BETTER competition and they didnt fight scared.

Welcome to MMA.

It happened to Royce, Saku, Big Nog, Hughes, BJ, Fedor, Anderson, GSP & Aldo.

It will happen to Jones and Mighty Mouse also.

People forget easily. Especially in this sport.

The post-Conor fans.. :>

TS, I read your edit. This is still not new.

Thing is he really wasn't lay n pray. He was active in the guard and had decent gnp, just fought at a very competitive weight class and didnt get finishes.

Alot of his fights didn't even feature that much wrestling

TS, I read your edit. This is still not new.
no? people been hating on him talking about coming back? then i missed it.

still the point stands, ariel is to blame for this, not him

Ill give you guys a perfect example of why gsp is laughed at by most fans, especially anderson, fedor and even Bones fans if there are any left. Gsp fights jake sheidls what does he do, he jabs him to death instead of testing his abilities on the ground with a world class grappler.
Gsp fights Condit, he stands for a round and a half and what happens the minute he felt that head kick he went into safety mode and put on an absolutely DREADFUL performance.
gsp fights the always dangerous DAn Hardy what does he do, takes the fight to the ground instantly to avoid any stand up.
gsp fights Koscheck- jabs his eye out in under a minute and never goes for anything more than that when 100 guys finished Josh after that fight with relative ease.
Alves same thing, thiago is a .500 fighter at best. GSP made him look like a title contender.

My definition of domination is much different than many on Sherdog. It consists of beating your opponent everywhere in the octogon and finishing the fight when the opportunity presents itself. Listen MAia isnt a K1 champ but he finishes his fights in spectacular fashion without having to prove his worth in the stand up. If georges was an ace bjj player and finished guys on the ground he wouldnt have ONE hater. But he didnt.

Fedor, Anderson and Bones dominated the fights everywhere and yes they were in some crazy wars because they fought BETTER competition and they didnt fight scared.

Nice revisionist history there. You think silva didn't always try to keep the fight standing where he had the advantage? Your definition of dominance is biased

GSP has the most overrated resume in MMA history.

His wins consist of beating one dimensional fighters or blown up LWs. The first person who could actually wrestle and strike sent him to retirement.

Newly found? Guess you weren't here in the Greasegate days, where the only thing preventing haters from ban was a crazy mod who refused to ban them. Of course he was ultimately banned himself and it ended the era of unlimited hate for GSP and unconditional love for BJ.

I guess you can say Balance was restored and it was Positive...

Last edited:
And you are a BB? These boards have turned to shit when MMA became more mainstream. You may not like his style but you can't argue with the results. Lay and pray lol. You fight the best of the best most of your career and see how you do.

Fedor fought the best and finished more often than not. So did jones. So did silva.
Gsp couldn't finish Dan "0-4" hardy.

His wins consist of beating one dimensional fighters or blown up LWs. The first person who could actually wrestle and strike sent him to retirement.

I could literally play the game you just played with anyone in MMA. Name someone and I'll show you how shitty their resume is.

GSP has a lot of haters because he made everyone else's favorite look like a scrub.

no he has a shit ton of detractors because of the way he laid on top of guys for 25 minutes doing absolutely nothing and getting his hand raised time and time again. Dude would walk to the cage in the most badass Gi making you think he was something out of Bloodsport and he fought like a boring wrestler that had a penchant for dry humping.

Yeah, he did absolutely nothing and yet the stats indicate that he was throwing more punch esper minute, more subs per minute and more TD per minute than AS.

To say he was doin nothing is a complete lie. I'm not sure why I would argue with someone who can't seem to distinguish his own bad opinion from reality. But I guesss what you meant to say is that despite being more active than a guy like Silva, he didn't finish guys. Not finishing is not equal to doing nothing.

Nice revisionist history there. You think silva didn't always try to keep the fight standing where he had the advantage? Your definition of dominance is biased

He didn't.

Silva took several fights while coming off of surgery on his legs/knees. He came in to those fights with poor takedown defense because of it.

He's won several high-level fights off his back. He submitted Travis Lutter, who's BJJ game was so respected at the time that Goldberg called him "the Michael Jordan of BJJ"

Once GSP suffered knee problems, his wrestling declined rapidly, then he retired...

Other GOATS like Anderson, Fedor, and Nog fought through all sorts of injuries, sometimes fighting multiple times in the same night, and they got the job done. This is part of the reason why I consider Fedor and Anderson to be greater GOATS than GSP.

Yup. Lets face it, 90% of Sherdog posters could do as well against the guys GSP beat as GSP did ... its just that Sherdog posters were too busy doing other things to bother.

Ill give you guys a perfect example of why gsp is laughed at by most fans, especially anderson, fedor and even Bones fans if there are any left

You are so fucking stupid.

Gsp fights jake sheidls what does he do, he jabs him to death instead of testing his abilities on the ground with a world class grappler.

It's laughable he doesn't take Jake Shields to the mat? Do I have to tell why that is stupid? You like action, but this is a tactical sport. You can find GSP boring, but "laughable" for avoiding grapping Jake Shields?

You're stupid.

It was fight of the year.

You're stupid.

And won every second, nearly ripping his arm off twice. Why does he have to stand with Dan Hardy?

You're stupid.

The first fight was GSP's closest fight, then he DEMOLISHED Josh Koscheck. What did Josh go for? He stood back with his big hand, doing NOTHING and GSP gave him nothing to counter. Josh waited for GSP, and GSP didn't let him. That was Josh Koscheck's worst being in their second fight. He damage that lasted months in his face. His nerves are forever fucked up in his face.

You're stupid.

My definition of domination is much different than many on Sherdog.

Nobody cares, because you're stupid. You can find GSP boring. Nobody can tell you are wrong.

GSP is laughable? You're too stupid to be a MMA fan. Where they just swing arms and hit each other.

Last edited:
He didn't.

Silva took several fights while coming off of surgery on his legs/knees. He came in to those fights with poor takedown defense because of it.

He's won several high-level fights off his back. He submitted Travis Lutter, who's BJJ game was so respected at the time that Goldberg called him "the Michael Jordan of BJJ"

Once GSP suffered knee problems, his wrestling declined rapidly, then he retired...

Other GOATS like Anderson, Fedor, and Nog fought through all sorts of injuries, sometimes fighting multiple times in the same night, and they got the job done. This is part of the reason why I consider Fedor and Anderson to be greater GOATS than GSP.

Silva didn't take the fights to ground, that's my point. He got taken down against his will more often than not.

Gsp consistently fought top contenders his whole career and beat all of them, never got popped either so he's ahead of silva

Dunno if it's hate. I think it's just people getting fed up with his fucking "I'm coming back, but I'm not" shtick.

Back